Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Recipe For Rhubarb?

redbase

Made a rather delicious rhubarb upside down cake with the help of my daughter the other day. I just looked up a general recipe and then used rhubarb instead.

Anyone got a good recipe for using rhubarb? Friend gave me some and have had it in freezer fro ages. Got friends coming for a meal next week and would like to use it. Any ideas??

Redbase :o

I love rhubarb and strawberry crumble, made it once as had some strawberries sat on side when making the rhubarb crumble and just put them in.. found recipe here i don't add the orange or pine nuts but do stir in oats

and I too have a generous neighbour who is over run with it.. for last 2 years , so much so I made a date and rhubarb chutney which came out well and was able to return some to her

wanted to try a rhubarb jam but nit found a recipe yet.

Inge

Hi

Had meal and put stem ginger in with rhubarb and oats and almonds in crumble...absolutely delicious but i still managed to burn the top of crumble and had to scrape off almonds. Put it on gas mark 4, bottom shelf for 25 mins..do i need to lower temp or what?? I love crumble but just don't seem to be able to cook it sucessfully :oxD

Redbase

x

Just lower your temp a bit - experiment! Every oven is different, it seems. Great excuse for lots of crumbles - apples are coming into season now - and blackberries - fantastic combination!

I have a really lovely recipe for it:

Go to back door;

open it;

walk through it;

locate dustbin;

lift lid from dustbin;

place rhubarb in dustbin

replace lid

retrace steps to house

you might have guessed: I hate the stuff!!

Honestly! - You could at least 'compost' it!!! :oxD

I belong to the 'I love it camp' - but the only one who does - so never cook it.......why is it that we cook all sorts of things for our husbands and children that we don't like - but don't cook just for ourselves :(:(

Sunnyday

I'm in the rhubarb fan club!

One more recipe suggestion - mix cooked rhubarb with natural yoghurt (about equal amounts) - yum! yum! yum!

Gruffalo2