Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Mosquito Net

Just been to Ikea and bought a garden Mosquito net for £6.99. Thought it might give the Role Play area a 'breath of fresh air'... The one on show had a garden bench inside so looks like lots of space. What a bargain! luluj

Just been to Ikea and bought a garden Mosquito net for £6.99. Thought it might give the Role Play area a 'breath of fresh air'... The one on show had a garden bench inside so looks like lots of space. What a bargain! luluj

Fab. We saw these being put to good use at the Communication Friendly Spaces conference last month - have a look at my gallery photos!

I'm sure your children will love playing under the net - a world of possibilities!

Maz

Thanks Maz. How can I access the gallery? luluj

Its on the tool bar just below the 'search forum posts' box at the top right of the screen.

If you click on 'gallery' there and then on 'members gallery' you should find it!

Or alternatively, try and see if clicking here works!

Maz

What did we do before Ikea (BI)

I don't know littleanna - but I do know that when we went to buy den building materials at Ikea I forgot the mosquito nets so they're on my list for my next visit!

Maz

we don't have an ikea near us which is a massive disappointment! I want a mosquito net and their colourful bathmats at least and they're not available online either! Think I may have to persuade hubby that we need a trip to one!

They keep rumouring to build one - I wish they would!

Keep coming with your fab ideas!

Many thanks for the link Maz. What brill photos! I may have to go back to Ikea and purchase a second net for outdoors! The Communication Friendly Spaces conference looked very inspirational. luluj

I just got one for over DDs bed and both her and DS1 love it. I am still trying to figure out how we could get one to work in our church hall with super high ceilings.

In all fairness if you can't get to an ikea I really don't think it would be at all difficult to chuck some lightweight fabric over a hula hoop. It wouldn't be expensive to post you one though.

I think there may be some pictures in Maz's gallery CFS pics of the buckets with poles in? Basically a bucket with a pole in it filled with concrete, a few of those and you can peg all kinds of things to them and make all manner of dens and cosy corners. If you put rope in the concrete and a bit of tubing instead of the pole you have a more portable and easier to store version you can take the pole out of.

I just got one for over DDs bed and both her and DS1 love it. I am still trying to figure out how we could get one to work in our church hall with super high ceilings.

In all fairness if you can't get to an ikea I really don't think it would be at all difficult to chuck some lightweight fabric over a hula hoop. It wouldn't be expensive to post you one though.

I think there may be some pictures in Maz's gallery CFS pics of the buckets with poles in? Basically a bucket with a pole in it filled with concrete, a few of those and you can peg all kinds of things to them and make all manner of dens and cosy corners. If you put rope in the concrete and a bit of tubing instead of the pole you have a more portable and easier to store version you can take the pole out of.

And that way you can vary the length of poles that way

ikea is just down the road from me - about ten minutes away - if i can help by getting you something please let me know - i will get it and post it to you - dont know how much would cost to post though x

Edited by blondie

we had high ceilings, pack away etc and ours is pictured in the gallery here. and I dare to say has been in use for at least 2 years now, added the picture March 08 after a lot of use and others have used it as a model to work from.. ( Linda being one! )

it started out as a cheap sun umbrella (donated by parent found in her cupboard unused!) with voiles hanging from it,( parent donated too) had ribbons and all sorts, gradually developed into the one you see, when we found a cheap bed canopy in a local shop for £3.00 .

and it is always in use..

Inge

Edited by Inge

I got some of the ones with the leafy things on reduced to £4.50 from £11.00 the other day.

xxxx

Oh no I am so jealous! I wanted one of those for DS and they didn't have any :o

we had high ceilings, pack away etc and ours is pictured in the gallery here. and I dare to say has been in use for at least 2 years now, added the picture March 08 after a lot of use and others have used it as a model to work from.. ( Linda being one! )

it started out as a cheap sun umbrella (donated by parent found in her cupboard unused!) with voiles hanging from it,( parent donated too) had ribbons and all sorts, gradually developed into the one you see, when we found a cheap bed canopy in a local shop for £3.00 .

and it is always in use..

Inge

Perfect! I now have until September for a cheap sun umbrella to come up on freecycle or at the charity shop :)

Perfect! I now have until September for a cheap sun umbrella to come up on freecycle or at the charity shop :)

Looking at the weather today - sun umbrellas could be reduced in price soon!

What a great idea ! I had a trip down to the village hall today to check how I could fit one of these to the book corner area and I think I can!! Does anyone have the item reference/name for the ikea net, I could only find a small 'over bed' net on their website?

Edited by valp59

thank you so much ladies for your offer to get me something from ikea and post it. That's a really kind offer. Will measure up and see how i can fit it in and then get back to you - thank you! xx

• 3 weeks later...

My new Ikea catalogue has arrived. Page 252 (that's as far as I've got so far) sohws a bed canopy with bunting round the top and strings of beads hanging vertically. It is white net - £9.99, called FABLER, its dimensions are 50cm diameter (assuming that's the ring at the top) and 240cm high, and its code is 201.308.78. There will definitely be at least one in my basket when I go next.

If I come across the green one we saw at the CFS conference I'll post the details.

Maz

There will definitely be at least one in my basket when I go next

I have a coupon for £10 off if I spend £60 this weekend :o

they had one at Tescos and it was £6 though xD

Edited by Guest

it looks very long. do you just put a hook in the ceiling and hang it?

Yes, 240cm long. I think I'll hang it up in the branches of a tree and see how much I need to chop off the end.

Tesco though - even better!

Maz

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)