Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Playgroup Closure

Hi all,

Our playgroup has been shut down, which has left us all devastated, all to do with paperwork and management.

I have been left to sort out all accounts and 22yrs of paperwork.

Please could anyone let me know what has to be kept and what can be shredded.

I have allsorts, ranging from wage slips, accident/incident forms, to old insurance certificates and i have no idea what to keep to store.

Thank you in anticipation for your help with this sad matter.

Oh how sad! Insurance documents are 40 years, and I'm sure someone on here once linked to somewhere about other documents.

Is there any chance at all that you could re-open?

Oh how sad! Insurance documents are 40 years, and I'm sure someone on here once linked to somewhere about other documents.

Is there any chance at all that you could re-open?

Thanks, no, it's all done with, all equipment has been sold and 5 playleaders are out of work. I'm just trying to tie up loose ends. It's very sad, we had no warning either. Open in the morning, closed in the afternoon, a 'funding issue' apparantly. We were also told because of new day nursery opened in area, ofsted said there was plenty of provision for children!!!!

Thanks for your help.

xx

Im so sorry to hear your sad news its such a shame, theres been two playgroups closed by me and I feel likeplaygroups are a dieing breed, being phased out by childrens centres and various other early years provision

I hope you manage to get ontop of all the mountain of paper work I dont envy your task.

That's really sad news....I know of one local place that has just closed and several others are low intake for September, we have two new children centres opened and they seem to be in favour at the moment..poor you..... :o

This is very sad indeed - I think quite a few of us are considering our futures at the moment in the light of lower numbers/sustainability issues. I hope you get your paperwork sorted, but most importantly that you all find alternative employment.

Take care

Maz

So sorry to hear you news and what a shock to you all. Surely this can't have just happened in one day, issues must have been raised and not dealt with before it got to this point. I hope you can find new positions and soon.

Quote:

Children

Documents Description Retention Period

Attendance Registers 3 years after the date of register.

Have just had a look at the retention of records document that someone has kindly shared, however, surely the above can't be right. You need to keep your attendance register for 6 years to comply with the Funding retention period.

Correct me if I'm wrong though!

You need to keep your attendance register for 6 years to comply with the Funding retention period.

Is this a condition set by your Local Authority, BrendaS?

Maz

Is this a condition set by your Local Authority, BrendaS?

Maz

We have a Early Years and Childcare Service Funding Guide. In tha back of this guide there is a sction that tells you what the monitoring team are looking for and how you comply with this. You gets marks out of 1 - 5 for each section.

It states the item/subject/findings/risk/recommendations/metand risk rate. Item 1.1 is retnetion period.

I thought it may be a nationwide thing but once again it may be down to our local LEA - which is Leicestershire. Why oh why can't everything be standardised for the whole country :o life would be so much easier.

Why oh why can't everything be standardised for the whole country :o life would be so much easier.

Because life would be too simple.

Probably most LAs say something similar: I have no idea what ours says!

Maz

Crikey .... feeling guilty now.......hope I haven't given 'bad' advice ...the info. was originally posted on here by 'teahead'......just passing it on in the hope that it might be useful.........

Have to say....I don't know about 'registers' and LEA requirements.......

Hope I haven't confused anyone.....

Sunnyday

No Sunnyday, you haven't. I think this guide is peculiar to that LA. Our LEA ceertainly doesn't use retention of records as a condition of funding. I went through all our applicatio,registration and register records a while back and shredded everything that was pre 2004 (five years).

No Sunnyday, you haven't. I think this guide is peculiar to that LA. Our LEA ceertainly doesn't use retention of records as a condition of funding. I went through all our applicatio,registration and register records a while back and shredded everything that was pre 2004 (five years).

Phew!!! Thank you so much for that.......I was feeling very guilty.......certainly didn't want to give poor advice.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)