Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Summer Sef Club

sunnyday

Woohoo I have made a little progress - emphasis on LITTLE!!! :o

Just popped in to say I bought a book a while ago 'From Good to Better' - can't remember where I saw it recommended - probably on here - don't know....

Anyway it's proving to be quite useful so thought I would let you know........

http://www.acblack.com

How's everyone else getting on?

Still not got anywhere yet :o . I had a very busy day yesterday entertaining these three grumpy children that people tell me are mine. I think that took it out of me because today all I've summoned up the energy to do is check the forum and change the washing loads over three times. Have to get more done and fast! Thanks for the tip on the book though, although I fear getting it and reading it will lead to more procrastination.

It's amazing how much time wasting one can do stuck up in the bedroom. There's next door to watch trimming his tree, her next door chatting to number 26, the comings and goings of the deliveries - 28 had some lovely dining room furniture come today. Then of course had to watch Pride and Prejudice this afternoon - Keira Knightly one just love that. Answered the phone a couple of times, checked e mails, umpteenth time. Spoke to couple of prospective parents. Before I knew it, youngest was coming in the door from work. The SEF, oh, erm yes I checked over the twaddle I wrote yesterday on Safeguarding.

I think your all letting the side down !

I haven't even started my SEF yet ! Might be the fact that I'm sunning myself in the USA, so its going to be even harder to get started when I get back

Guess I will just have to find a way to get myself going again, but not until I get back !

Motherclangerx

Doing my SEF is on my to do list - at the bottom after doing my literature review, new starter packs, ops plan review, planning, staff meeting, annual questionnaire analysis, staff rotas, staff meeting agenda, training bookings, HOLIDAY :oxD:(

Mind you Ofsted came last November - even though have done PSLA Aiming for Quality and two local QA schemes (last module being completed during inspection) Ofsted reckon we don't evaluate and reflect enough!!!!!!!

On reflection will wait for them to finalise new sef format and do before next inspection HO HO HO

Oooops - guess who forgot to pay her Annual Fee! :o

Rang as soon as I got the reminder this morning - spoke to one of those 'nice young men' who seem to man the phones there these days!

After I had made my payment he asked "is there anything else I can help you with today"?

I said "well yes, would you like to come and help me to write my SEF"!

He said "I wouldn't know where to start"

Well that makes two of us then..........

Well that makes two of us then..........

Did you win a pen or a mug in the competition, sunnyday? Either way I don't see how you can possibly complete your SEF without an FSF pen to write it with or an FSF mug to contain the necessary liquid sustenance you'll no doubt need to complete the job.

Best wait til you get either one or the other!

Maz

Pen? Mug? - Surely you need a computer, up to speed computer skills, government gateway address, endless staff meetings, working internet connection - STIFF DRINK - glass, beverage of choice, headache - oops wandering off task again!! Better go and lay down in a darkened room

Hi all......haven't mastered the 'multi-quote' thingy so........

Holly - have you thought about DNA testing! :unsure:

Panders - wow no wonder you can't get on with your SEF with all that exciting stuff going on outside your window! :(

Motherclanger - lucky you - hope you have a great holiday! :wacko:

Sue - Hi and welcome to this exclusive club! :( You have answered one important question for me .... I had been thinking about 'signing up' for a Quality Assurance scheme in September......have been hesitant about this for lots of reasons - time, more paperwork and what would we really gain.......having read your post......think I will give it a miss! ;)xD:(

Mary - wasps ....an absolute PAIN here too - picnic with my grandchildren - plagued with wasps - me trying to put on a brave front......"nana there's one in your hair now" - that was the last straw - quite unable to remain calm :o

Maz - I am indeed waiting (with bated breath and barely contained excitement) for the delivery of a FSF pen.......would not waste on my SEF......will save it for much better things! :rolleyes:

Alison - what can I say.......subversive as ever!!! xD

Sunnyday

Edited by sunnyday

Hi Sunnyday

Don't discount QA schemes just yet - they might not score with the the SEF and Ofsted

BUT

the single funding formula blurb suggests that settings with QA schemes will get more funding!!!

AND

having QA stamp meant I was able to get just under 10k capital access grant funding this year as undergoing QA scheme was one of the qualifying criteria

so they have their uses. !! :o

Didn't join this club as I was probably ahead of most of you (started mine back in January).

I am very excited so need to shout it out loud

I'VE JUST FINISHED MINE!!!

Not boasting at all as I have been slogging away at it for nearly 8 months (not continuously) and now it's all done. Doesn't make any sense I might add but at least the boxes are filled in.

Cuppa me thinks....

Keep going eveyone!!!

ppp

BREAKING NEWS - STOP!!!

That's for those of you who have actually started! xD:(

Have you seen the new thread about the jolly SEF changing..........this is what louby lou and Alison tried to warn us about - did I listen........

I thought they were changing the school SEF - not the pre-school one :o

Edited by sunnyday

Well....... don't want to say told you so but......... :oxD

Anyway bygones etc..........Any one for the Autumn SEF club then???????????? :wacko:

..........or maybe they'll change it again at Christmas!!!!!

xxxxxxxxxx

I know, I know......... :(:(:(

When are they going to give us the new version then???????? xD

"We are also changing the early years self-evaluation form and its accompanying guidance Early years self evaluation form guidance. You do not need to update your existing self-evaluation form immediately as it already covers all necessary aspects, but you will notice the new form is shorter and easier to use when you next decide to review your practice. There are also other improvements to the technology that make it easier to complete online. You will not be penalised in any way if you have not used the revised form ahead of your inspection."

"We are also changing the early years self-evaluation form and its accompanying guidance Early years self evaluation form guidance. You do not need to update your existing self-evaluation form immediately as it already covers all necessary aspects, but you will notice the new form is shorter and easier to use when you next decide to review your practice. There are also other improvements to the technology that make it easier to complete online. You will not be penalised in any way if you have not used the revised form ahead of your inspection."

Yes thanks Cait - I read that....but I don't want to carry on doing the 'long' version if there is going to be a 'shorter' version..........does that make sense?