Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Goood News

beth1

I have some good news.

I went for an interview this morning 2 posts were on offer full time TA in Foundation Stage and part time TA in Year 1.

I missed out on the TA in FS BUT I got offered the part time TA in Year 1 because of my extensive knowledge in Early Years.

SOOOOOOOOOO in September I have a job to go to. I am going to take a break from more degree work BUT go and get my GCSES in English and Maths plus hopefully in Sicence tooo.

Beth.

Well it is obviously the day for good news.

Many congratulations Beth - you deserve it so much!

Keep us posted about your progress won't you! Lovely to think you can have the summer to get yourself ready for your new job!

Maz

I went in to fill out paperwork today like CRB's etc.

Start on 2nd September (Training day) so short week to settle in, then on the Saturday its 6 hours at the lesiure centre for the Centenary Launch has a guider. I will of course keep you all up to date.

Beth

• 2 months later...

Well I thought I would just update via this thread.

I have been to work for the last 2 1/2 weeks and I feel that I am setting in nicely hoping by the end of next week I will be fully settled in.

I am working mornings in Year 1 mainly working with a child with special needs in short bursts and working in contious provision. I also occassionally work in small groups when needed, like in Literacy/Numeracy/phonics, which I enjoy doing. There are 3 staff members in the room which is different but interesting.

I have taken a year out of my degree studies to go back to work. I am still studying though doing GCSE Maths and English at night school determind to get on a BEd (Hons) Primary Education WITHOUT QTS which would make it easer at work. Although I am planning on still apply for the BA (Hons) Early Childhood Studies.

Well I can't wait to see what the rest of the year brings. I feel right at home working in a primary school and I hope I can continue until I retire :o

Beth

Beth that is good news.....I am sure the school feel the same about you, you obviously are enjoying your work and that is good for you, the children and your team.....keep up the good work! :oxD