Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Mp's

Rea

In the light of recent relevations regarding MP's expenses I decided to see what my MP spends. I found a great site called 'They work for you' where everything about your MP can be easily found. My MP isnt too bad when it comes to spending our money but he voted strongly for trident, student top up fees, for ID cards, for the Iraq war but only moderatly for climate change laws and for a transparent paliament. xD

I'll be watching who I vote for a lot closer in future.

If you're interested in your MP you can get to the site here

Have fun :o

Edited by Rea

Great stuff - ours "Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 48 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs."

I sense a game of alliteration top trumps here Cait - my MP (famous for her shoes) has used three word alliterative phrases 402 times in debate!

Can anyone top that? :o

What a fascinating link Rea. My MP is joint first in making expenses claims!!!! I'm horrified as I think him as a truely Labour MP representing a lot of people who live in difficult circumstances. That said, I have written to him several times over the years re people with disabilities, and he has always acted in the way I would wish.

How strange? I've just had to correct this post as I've typed empire instead of MP.....creepy!

Wow - that would be a hard one to beat! Mine is only 117 so doesn't even get the prize for the least.

Delving into the site a bit more there is a button to click on to 'Form a long term relationship with your MP'. Well, I hope yours is better looking than mine. :o

115! My MP has only ever spoken in 7 debates in the last year - I always thought my MP was quite quiet (he never speaks when you get in the jacuzzi in our local lesiure club). I can't believe how much he claims!!! :o

Wouldn't it be interesting if MPs were judged on a value for money/added value basis? xD

My local MP is an idiot and I always vote against him but it's a bit of a red rosette on a pig area so he seems to get in all the time.

My MP was the plonker who claimed for his pool cleaning and gardening - his defence was that it was an expensive house to run as the lawn was huge and took 4 hours to mow!! xD He also claimed for a housekeeper, new TV, sign for his new house (which cost £2million) and AGA servicing costs amongst other things. In total £108,062 over 5 years!! :o:(

I've just worked out that, if I were still working at the playgroup (and assuming I didn't have to pay any tax) I would need to work for 2,881 hours and 40minutes a year to make that amount of money - 55 hours a week!!! :o

Sorry not been on the internet for a while (until this week) as lost connection for nearly two weeks ! so a bit behind viewing all the different threads !

I just looked looked at my MPs use of aliteration and good grief its 971 ! :o

A record or what ?

Motherclangerx

Hmmm, very interesting - my MP 'wears the wrong colour tie' for me!!!

But I will say, that whenever I have written to him, he always replies, unfortunately he doesn't usually agree with my viewpoints though!!!

Sunnyday

Hmmm, very interesting - my MP 'wears the wrong colour tie' for me!!!

I've just been on poll clerk training for the European Elections and apparently you're not allowed to wear clothing in any party colours! Because obviously if I wear my blue uni hoody I might persuade some lifelong Labour supporter to turn Tory! :o

Oh the power of a humble poll clerk!

Maz

I've just been on poll clerk training for the European Elections and apparently you're not allowed to wear clothing in any party colours! Because obviously if I wear my blue uni hoody I might persuade some lifelong Labour supporter to turn Tory! :o

Oh the power of a humble poll clerk!

Maz

Well...... when I go to 'make my cross' I shall study the polling clerks v. carefully!!!

Sunnyday

When I go to make my cross I will be armed with so much more info than at other times. Thanks to these spongers I've been looking at all the candidates much more closely than previously, so governemnts aim to get more people interested in politics has worked for me.

Thanks to these spongers I've been looking at all the candidates much more closely than previously, so governemnts aim to get more people interested in politics has worked for me.

I don't imagine that "lets get the electorate more interested in politics" was their intention when they were claiming for having their moats cleaned out Rea! :o Perhaps every cloud has a silver lining after all...