Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Transition To School Report

:o looks really good to me Cait but think I agree about leaving out the next steps. I am not a teacher but imagine that if I was I would welcome what you have devised but would like to also get to know the child myself and decide their next steps

Ok, I'll take them out. That's going to generate some space, so, bigger six areas boxes or fewer pages? Any thoughts?

bigger six areas boxes or fewer pages? Any thoughts?

Will it be filled out by hand or on the computer? If its the latter it won't really matter will it? If its the former, then I'd go for bigger boxes!

Maz

It looks great and as a teacher I would be really pleased to get something like that come to me - a really useful report! Whether it had next steps or not doesn't matter too much as I think it will give a very good picture of the child and make a great contribution to the EYFSP. Also as you say the next steps could change after a six week break.

I'm looking at the materials provided by Surrey County Council which I think was uploaded to a different thread but I like it because it is simpler and (in my opinion anyway) more manageable than the Southampton materials. However I do like the colour coding of the Southampton stuff so I shall combine the two!

Thought anyone else who is interested in learning journeys/transition documentation might like to consider this as well as everything else available!

So guess what I shall be doing this afternoon - really getting to grips with our learning journey documentation. So if you see me here before about 3pm, you have permission to shoot me!

Here's the link to the pdf. The people in Surrey are very clever - they've made the file editable so if you're in Surrey you can just insert all the information and print it out direct!

Maz

Edited by HappyMaz

I get an error message from your link, Maz!

Simply fixed, Marion - I somehow missed the 'f' off the end of the link! Should work now - have edited my original post!

Maz

Edited by HappyMaz

Or Susan... xD

Ah yes - my apologies Susan! I was being put under extreme pressure whilst trying to sort out the link problem by number one son who was waiting for a lift to High Wycombe for a date with some revision! Well that's what he said, anyway! :(

Sorry if I caused a minor identity crisis there for either of you! :o

Maz

So how are the learning stories looking?

Coming along nicely Cait! :o Typically I started at the end with the transition report, but I'm going back now... xD

Maz

Glad its not just me I am working backwards too. Got lots of phots just got to get around to putting them all together nicely

our transition records merely state the key scale points in each area ie 1,2 and 3 and we tick the boxes.Our LEa have advised usonly to comment in the boxes if necessary!!there is also section on what they can do,what they have improved on,next steps and general commments!!be glad when i have completed them all!!!lol

Coming from Kent, we have done a Record of Transfer for a number of years, which is very much like the one Surrey have adopted. At the end of the summer term we rarely put any next steps, if we were sending the RoT mid term when a child left to go to another setting because of a house move etc. then we would put next steps as the likelyhood was that they would carry on within a very short space of time.

This year whilst I am unhappy with the bar graph type transition record Kent are promoting, I have decided we will do it as we have also being doing monitoring sheets every 12 weeks and these will be easy for the next setting to read and see how the children have progressed and what they are beginning to do, (or were at least beginning to do mid July!!)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)