Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Continuous Provision

there is a little button at the bottom of the screen in WORD looks like a box with text in it and you just click it on the screen and a box appears and you can type in it!!! If the boxes are overlapping you can click on them and then move them around. Don't know why they move its all too technical for me....perhaps i should ask my year 1 children they love text boxes and moveing them around on the interactive whiteboard...they are much quicker than me!

Sarah, thanks for sharing those documents with us. It's great to have the ELG links and all the words are in all the right places on my machine!! :o

Thanks Sarah. The documents open up fine on my computer. They are a wonderful idea and very well displayed. I look forward to seeing any other areas that you have. You are wonderful!!

Thanks

Joanne

Hi Sarah

Text boxes were ok on my PC. We have done the same sort of thing in our group for activities like sand, water, books, junk modelling, computer etc but yours are nicer with better pictures ... well done and thanks for sharing them.

Carol

Thanks they look great but where do you display these? At close approximity to the appropriate area and of they put tin a file somewhere? I'm in Reception and I'm not sure I have space for them.

:o Dawn

we laminate all the plans and then spiral bind them into a book so that the Year 1 objectives can be added when i have written them! The books are then put in or close to each area of lerning eg the sand and water ones are hung up with aprons and the book corner one is hung in the book corner etc. This is useful to direct parents to when the come in and complein that their child has just been playing all day! Also useful for adults when they are working with chn in a area and a specific activity has not been planned.

• 2 months later...

Avoiding working on my profiles, as I'd planned, I came across this thread. Thanik you to Jacquie and to Sarah for the fantastic planning resources. I can see they'd be really useful for helping adults in the classroom to have more idea about how they can intervene in a useful way. I was also heartened by Jacquie's first learning objective:'Fun and enjoyment'. When observed by my HT I am often quizzed about certain activities, what their exact learning intention is, if the children are unable to explain this it is very much frowned upon. Another comment I've had is 'what exactly to they gain from this activity, it's something they could do at home'. I think these sorts of plans may help explain FS planning better than I seem able to do and also act as an advocate for what I think the FS is trying to achieve!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Angela

I was wondering if anyone filled in Sarah's blank Role Play form which I have downloaded. If so, could you post it on here? I would be very grateful and will search out something lovely to share with you.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Jacqui -

Thanks very much for the additional plans! Just a quick note to let you know (for future reference) that you can now add as many attachments as you like to one post. Just keep clicking 'add attachment' and it will make a list of them. Might save you some time next time! :D

Have just been looking at the continuous provision that Sarah has attached and was wondering where you got the clipart from - they look very schooly - are they from a special CD of clip art? I really like them -

I am currently in the process of sorting 2 recpetion classrooms that are going to be used by just my (large) class next year and am redoing all my signage etc and would love to use these pictures! I

am putting off dong all the paperwork that comes at the end of the year and doing things i enjoy doing instead!

Thanks

Sarah xoxo

p.s thanks also to Jacquie - I was going to do something similar over the hols (think we are going to be ofsteded next term so I want everything ship shape) you have saved me an awful long time - hope that i'll be ale to put some ideas into the pot soon

Thanks again

Thanks a million Jacquie and Sarah! These documentes are wonderful!

Sarah... if I am not wrong, the clip art is from Word. I have used some of these clip arts in my classroom. Go to 'Insert', then 'Picture' and finally 'Clip Art'.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Sarah, do you have any more of these wonderful posters fpr other areas of the class room. or if anyone else has them

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)