Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Continuous Provision

Thank you for welcoming me i feel right at home XXX

Job share going well probably be better when we get started in september. Luckily i know the lady who i'm job sharing with and we both have had babies. We are also passionate about our reception children and want whats best for them in a school quite key stage 2 orientated (even though its a small village school one form entry)

Still playing around with my planning - feeling now just to have the continuous provision up for people to see whats continually happening in the class and keeping my plans pretty much the same. I have had a play with the different provision plans i've seen and when i get the hang of all of this will post them on here - i've started on one but may take me a while reports and e-profile first!! then new parents intake meeting and meeting the children. Everyone probably in the same boat

Thank you for the great resources! I can't wait to use them in September, they are going to be really useful!

• 2 weeks later...
& finally for today as I have cought up with what I have done so far - which as I have said is my adaptation for my setting, of a Warrington LEA plan. I have sorted out continuous from enhancement which are added as required rather than out all the time.

Thanks so much jacquie,

as a teacher that hasmoved from another stage to FS these are very useful. I am just building up my bank of plans etc. :o

• 1 month later...

Welcome to the Forum, TrishM

Glad you're finding it useful!

Maz

PS Welcome too to DJK - just noticed you!

Edited by HappyMaz

• 2 weeks later...

I really cant see the point of this. I have summarised continuous prov or as I prefer to call it the constant curriculum as a record of what is on offer & why it is provided. I dont see the point of recording anymore as it is in everyones head. What matters most to me is how children use & learn fom it individually or in groups. This is recorded through photos comments & obs. If staff arent aware of this thats a training & ethos issue. Why reinvent the wheel. Teacher led activities are recorded but again this is flexible & sometimes retrospective to allow for the unknown!! Who knows what might happen to interest children daily, thats the exciting freedom of early years.

Hello mistysmom, and welcome to the forum :o

You say you have summarised the constant curriculum as a record of what is on offer and why it is provided.....would you mind uploading it? It would be really interesting to see a different variation on Jacquie's popular continuous provision sheets.

I appreciate what you're saying about it "being in everyone's heads" but I think you may be fortunate in working in a setting with very experienced and fully trained staff? I visit large numbers of settings where sheets such as those donated above would be very useful in reminding new, untrained and inexperienced staff why we do what we do! xD

Hi mistymum and welcome.

As Helen says these sheets or something else like them (as as you can see they were added a long time ago) are useful for inexperienced staff, students, helpers, other teachers in a school, HT's, OFSTED etc. to have an outline at hand of what is in each area and what we hope the children are learning. They also give inexperienced staff some idea about what to talk about with the children. Members of this site are generous in sharing resources, so that does save us from reinventing the wheel sometimes. We all do things a bit differently and we adapt accordingly. These are only done once and laminated, so unless a lot of the resources change as practise develops, it isn't an onerous task.

As far as the writing area, or mark making area goes, the resources are usually always available for the children to use as they wish. Some may be added later in the year and other resources are added depending on the children's interests and what is planned from them. If the writing area is used for a focus activity, such as making cards, shopping lists, or writing letters to a story character, then enhanced resources are added for that.

Er actually my Mmmm was because I was having trouble uploading more than one file at a time and I thought my IT skills were lacking :o

The advice from my LA EY team is that Long Term Planning for EYFS should take the form of Continuous Provision sheets as they are a permanent element of your settings planning and that any extensions or additions you provide should be included in your short term plans

They do seem to be the way forward don't they? They are very useful and I'm seeing them used in more and more settings. See, Jacquie, you were lightyears ahead :o

Having read your cont prov writing sheet & noted the resources on offer I am interested to know how the children actually use it. Are all of those resources on offer all of the time?

We use these or adaptations of them, with constant staff changes and students they are a helpful tool. As to how they are used, we have most areas resourced and offer free choice of them in a majority of areas, and add enhancements whenever we observe a need. Has cut down on other paperwork considerably.

Inge

• 3 weeks later...

Hello ornahayes, A warm welcome to the forum and thank you for your 1st post.

You've been very busy and I am sure your CP sheets will be very useful for many and will haved saved others lots of work time. Thanks for sharing.

I am currently updating the resource library, would you like to add this document to the library, or if you prefer, let me know and I'll do it for you. Once placed in the library it will be easier for others to access your lovely contribution in the future. (without having to search for and find this post :o )

Let me know if you need guidance on how to use the library.

Peggy

Guest ornahayes
Welcome to the Forum, ornahayes!

I must say your CP sheets look most comprehensive.

Maz

Thanks Maz - found out our borough offer this for free and being EY we don't say no to a freebie! xD

Thank-you for your kind comment - I should have said, we fill in the boxes as chd request / ask for extra resources so we know what we have put out / the chds interests. They are laminated so we just use a white board pen on them.

Oh and just saw you post too Peggy - I shall have a go at adding it myself but if I need help I shall defo holler! :o Thanks for the warm welcome.

orna

I did it! I have added it to the LTP section as this is where I keep my second copies. xD

Thanks ornahayes, and well done for finding your way around the forum so quickly and getting to grips with the techy skills of uploading. :o

Peggy

It feels like Christmas has arrived early!! :o

Thanks so much to Jacquie and Sarah for sharing their hard work with us all.

These will be so useful to me.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)