Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Continuous Provision

Guest Teddy Togs

my first response.

Had to thank JaquiL & Sarah for making an old woman happy again, with the brilliant Continuous Provision downloads. Thank goodness they were still available. I have had a four year headache worrying about the best way to present the areas of learning, and you have just given me the cure.

Many thanks.

Guest Wolfie

Welcome to the forum, Teddy Togs! I'm sure that this won't be the last time that the forum comes up trumps for you, you're in the right place for top tips!! :o

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Wolfie

I'm planning to make a start on some Continuous Provision sheets linked to the EYFS over the next couple of weeks, pulling information from the sheets on here and the ones linked to BTTM as well, on another post. We've decided to organise the nursery room into areas corresponding to the areas of development in the EYFS framework, omitting PSE because we feel that we cover that as an integral part of everythuing during the day. We've got a staff meeting next week to brainstorm which areas of Continuous Provision will come under which EYFS area....with considerable overlap of course but we need to decide on a method of organisation!!....and then I shall start designing the sheets. It may sound complicated but I don't think I've explained it that well...it makes sense to me at the moment! :o

Hopefully I'll have something to give at the end of all this to make up for all that I've taken!

Will be keeping my beady eye out for them Wolfie, if they build on these con prov sheets already posted, they will be brill. They have been so useful and great time savers for me LOL

Good luck with them, looking forward to the first installment.

Kate June 07. Foundation Stage Teacher

Many thanks Jacqui for these valuable resources. Just what I have been looking for to inject some new ideas into the area.

Kate

Inge

Guest Wolfie

I haven't started yet!.......................I think it's going to be one of those summer holiday jobs!! :o

I am starting a new role in September as assistant head in a primary school with a children's centre attached my responsibility being 0 - 6 years. Thank you for the continuous provision sheets they are fantastic and I shall be using them as soon as I get in!! :o

• 1 month later...
Leo asked if i have any more contiuous Provision planning sheets. We uses these as out long-term planning as they are where the children can access resoures wich are always there. We add things too them as necessary. they are adapted from Warrington LEA's guidelines for FS.

Hi Jacquie - if you use these for long term, what do you use for short term? Do you use observations of children in the continuous provision as your starting point?

The CP plans are there for what is always available and give a brief summary of what the children may be learning, and one or two pointers for starters in talking to the children. Then, depending on whether it is a topic-based approach or a child initiated approach or a bit of both, enhancements are added to support the theme or the interests observed and lead the children on. The enhancements would be planned after evaluating the weeks observations and activities, and deciding where to go next. Then we record these on a weekly basis. Some people would see this as a medium term plan for CP and what happens daily as the short term. Other people see the theme as the medium term. We will also plan some focus activities and these may take place in one of the CP areas.

Thank you so much for sharing your hard work. I have meaning to make a start of writing continuous provision planning sheets for reception and year one. I am expecting ofsted and wanted to make a start on adding year 1 national curriculum objectives. has anyone started anything like this, will gladly share when I begin the process!!

thanks again.

The CP planning is great and something that I think works fantastically, especially allowing you to do longer observations / learning stories. Do you have an example of a short term plan? - you obviously use the observations and children's interest as the starting point adn I am interested in how this works - especially with EYFS recommending this type of approach to planning.

If you type 'planning' into the Search you will get a lot of information on planning. We plan in detail for our focus activiites each week based on observations and staff discussion. We also make a brief note of what we will add to each area and what we hope they may learn. We no longer write everything up in great detail other than for our Focus and for Reception children additional literacy and numeracy plans.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest colechin

I would just like to say - what a wonderful site. Thank you Jacqui for the hard work you must of put in for the continuous provision lists. I have just down loaded them and will share them with the staff tomorrow. You have saved me a lot of time and I'm sure lots of other people too.

:o

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Thank you so much to Jacquie and Sarah for sharing, joining this forum has been really great. :o Have just come back from maternity leave to 2 days a week so haven't been on the eyfs course although have taught in reception for a good few years and it is nice to find so many friendly helpful people on this forum. Hoepfully once i get my head into gear and back into the real swing of things i will be able to share some of my planning/resources - its just been hard taking over from another person that has had my classroom for the past couple of terms.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)