Articles
About Us
Tapestry

April Competition

April Book Review Competition  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Choose your favourite review

• Not So Fast Songololo by Niki Daly
    • The Bungle Jungle Bedtime Kiss by Ronda Armitage (Author), Edward Eaves (Illustrator)
    • Eddie's Garden by Sarah Garland
    • Like Bees, not Butterflies: child-initiated learning in the early years edited by Sally and Phill Featherstone

Sadly we have run out of time for more book reviews for our April competition, so you are voting for the following 4 that were submitted by members. Remember that you are voting for the best review, not your favourite book. xD

Geraldines book review

Caits book review

emmajess's book review

Maz's book review

The winner gets a cheque for £20 and their review will become the product of the month (and a mug, badge or pen if they really feel they need one!). The runner up will get a mug, badge or pen. :(

Happy Voting. :o

Thanks sunnyday, voting is one way to participate in the competitions if competitions aren't your thing. xD

They certainly are good reviews, you are right about that! :o

Yes it was very difficult to pick just one as they were all different but all very readable. They have done really well anyway taking the time out of their busy lives to respond. Mind you it could have been SEF avoidance tactics, as they'd finished the ironing :o I'd like all those books now actually, so perhaps it is as well that there weren't hundreds!

Isn't there a way of not showing the results of the voting though? :o Without not voting yourself, I mean?

Oh and Beau: did I just get one vote this time? I forgot to check! xD

Maz

Isn't there a way of not showing the results of the voting though? :o Without not voting yourself, I mean?

Oh and Beau: did I just get one vote this time? I forgot to check! xD

Maz

I don't think we can 'hide' the results but I guess it would make it more exciting if we could! Steve is rather busy at the moment but I'll ask him about it for another competition.

And it's just one vote per person on this one. :(

All excellent reviews xD I want to buy all the books even though I don't work in preschool anymore. :o

As others have said, very difficult to decide which one to vote for. I've found it difficult to differentiatte between what sounds like would be a favourite / good book, compared to which 'description/review' of each book I think is the most informative. My vote has been cast on my assessment of which one of the reviewers comes across to me as the most 'passionate' about their book (again I will say this was very difficult to decide).

I think you are all winners for the way you have all described how each book has positively impacted on YOU and your settings. WELL DONE ALL. :(

Peggy

Congratulations to Maz for winning our competition last month and to emmajess for coming second. I will be in touch with both of you in due course about your prizes. :o

Ooh how exciting! Thank you to everyone who voted - I must go and order the other books so I can see whether they live up to expectations! :o

Maz

Well, after a quick discussion we have decided that since the calibre of entrants was so good, and they had obviously put a lot of thought and effort into them, we are going to award prizes to everyone! A mug and a pen is going to be winging it's way to you all soon. :o So extra congratulations all round.

Maz, presumably your prize money will just be going straight on books then! xD

Guess what everyone I am about to become the VERY proud owner of a PEN :oxD:(:(:( :wacko: xD

And will you actually use it Geraldine? :rolleyes:

Maz

And will you actually use it Geraldine? :rolleyes:

Maz

:unsure: ;):ph34r::oxD:(:(:( :wacko: :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

What a suggestion!!!!!! It will take pride of place alongside my 'undrunk from mug' and my 'unworn badge'

I am so excited about the pen arrival I think I need to get out more!

I went shopping for 'the outfit' and couldn't decide between two jackets, very similar but different colours, in the end I asked hubby to choose and before I knew what he was doing he had gone to the till and paid for both xD

It's a good job he can't see this because I came home to find I will have a pen arriving and am FAR more excited about that than being the owner of two new jackets.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)