Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Parents Guide To The Eyfs?

• 2 weeks later...

I hope this may help. I created it for a Children's Centre where I used to work - that's why the 2nd page refers to our other 'play recipies' (they were set out on cards looking like the recipies you can get at supermarkets). We tried to keep it really straightforward and that's why we did the other cards for parents who wanted to know more and have ideas of play activities for home. :o

What_is_the_Early_Years_Foundation_Stage_3.doc

I love your idea of play recipe cards. I'm a childminder in your area, would you be able to upload them or PM me with them. I'd love to offer them to my parents and I could say that they are children's centre resource

I hope this may help. I created it for a Children's Centre where I used to work - that's why the 2nd page refers to our other 'play recipies' (they were set out on cards looking like the recipies you can get at supermarkets). We tried to keep it really straightforward and that's why we did the other cards for parents who wanted to know more and have ideas of play activities for home. :o

I love the idea of recipe cards could you send me one to see what they look like.

You are very welcome. I have just tried to attach them all but I am a novice in the forum and just hope I have done it right!

This is just the wording as I only had access to Word and the admin support transferred it into Publisher and made them look 'pretty'.

Hope you find them useful. It is great to think my efforts may help you. :o

Stories.doc

Rhymes.doc

Playdough.doc

Painting_and_drawing.doc

Musical_instruments_and_sounds.doc

Messy_play.doc

Make_believe_play.doc

Dough_recipes.doc

Construction_materials.doc

Hello Gruffalo2

Thank you so much for sharing your fantastic information recipes - your leaflet for parents/carers is the best one i have seen - it's clear, well laid out and easy to read and understand - If I may I would like your permission to adapt it to suit my setting? - we had EYFS leaflets to give to parents in September - but i never liked them very much - yours is much more readable - and as new parents join the setting it would be nice for them to have better, simpler information, with a useful link for them to get more information if they want to.

Thank you.

You are very welcome to use it and to adapt it - I just adapted it from the wording of the original sheet for parents that was sent (only in hard copy I think) with the introductory training materials to Local Authorities. That one was very unclear and repetitive.

Just glad to think it is useful to others.

Gruffalo2 :o

Hi, I had just been working on one of these today before I saw yours.

Thought I would upload mine anyway, it's slightly different and might be useful to someone out there!

I didn't use the word 'practitioner' because I think to lay people it can sound a bit weird (no offence intended).

Parents___Guide_to_EYFS___X_preschool.doc

Hi

Thankyou so much to gruffalo 2 and suzie. I am going to download you brill docs and if it is ok with you both adapt them for my setting and to share with my staff.

I just love this site and the fab ideas and resources you can pick up.

Thanks again guys

bluebelle

Thought I would upload mine anyway, it's slightly different and might be useful to someone out there!

Thanks for this SuzieC8 - looks fab. Where did you get the picture from - just love it!

Maz

I just found this tonight SuzieCB. Thank you for sharing it. When I read it it was so "right" for talking to parents and better than the DCSF version if I am allowed to say that!

That's fantastic suziec8 - you've managed to get the tone just right. I think I've scared some of my parents off the EYFS with mine :o Oh well, I'll take some tips from yours with the new ones!!

It's lovely - if I'm being picky - and please don't take offence, you have called the six areas of learning 'the early learning goals'.

Oh yes - hadn't spotted that. Looks to me as if a bit of cutting and pasting has gone a bit awry - easily remedied though!

Maz

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)