Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

I Don't Often Cry!

Gezabel

As the title says I don't often cry but I just have :o but tears of joy/happiness and utter pride :(:(:(

I think I have shared in the past the struggle my third son had during his schooldays and how his dream to join the Police Force has been the toughest of uphill battles. He served as a 'special' locally but his dream was to join the regular force. He has faced so many setbacks and rejections and yet without fail as stood up and tried again and again. Finally he was accepted by the Metropolitan Force and started his training with gusto but since then has been injured twice on duty and forced to have several weeks off whilst broken ribs and other injuries healed.

So why I am a crying - because he has just come home and presented me with tickets for his passing out parade :wacko: xD :rolleyes: Through sheer guts and determination he has achieved his dream and it was suddenly all too much and I sobbed xD There will be no prouder mum in the land than when we go to London to watch the parade :unsure: ;)

I have had many proud mum moments over the years between my four sons but this just tops the lot.

The nice thing is that his brothers also think his achievement is simply 'the best moment ever'

Oh Geraldine that chocked me up many many congratulations you must be the proudest family in the land just goes to prove that stamina, and determination can overcome the biggest obstacle I am sure some of the admirable qualities and strength of charachter that your son has shown is in part to the love and support you have given him as a family. Once again congratulations to you all enjoy your day!!

I too can relate to you, i have a 17 year old son who is my pride and joy. You must be so proud and quite rightly so.Well done to your young man and well done to you for bringing up such a determined, focused and clever boy!!!

Well it couldn't happen to a nicer person Geraldine - clearly you are at the heart of a close and loving family and you deserve to enjoy a lovely day out to celebrate your son's success, courage and determination.

How long have you got to get the outfit/shoes/handbag/hat? :o

Love

Mx

How long have you got to get the outfit/shoes/handbag/hat? xD

Love

Mx

:o The hunt starts on Saturday!! and my other half reckons it 'might be a long day' the big day is on May

15th and I should have been attending an IDP course - but no chance of that!!!

Edited by Geraldine

Here's a kind of 'before and after'!

He was in the local paper (aged 6) after writing to the local police station asking to be a policeman for the day. They did a sort of 'jim'll fix it ' day for him and this was him arresting the reporter. The second one is a couple of years ago when he won an area award for his work as a special constable.

post-1999-1239914177_thumb.jpg

post-1999-1239914193_thumb.jpg

How wonderful. As the mother of a 21 year old son who's doing brilliantly at Uni so I know where you are coming from with this. He recently managed to secure a job over the summer and we were so thrilled - but yours is much 'grander' than that!

What great news Geraldine!!

Don't worry about the tears!! They are tears of joy and I'm sure it meant a lot to your son seeing them.

Enjoy shopping for your outfit and advice from my sis-in-law, who has experience of these kind of occassions would be to take a comfy pair of shoes with you, not for the occassion but for the car journey on the way home, although if you feel the need to put them on earlier, there is no shame in it!!

O Geraldine thanks for sharing your lovely news........I have had a few tears for you too.

Lovely, lovely, lovely to have such pride in your family.

:oxD:(:(:( :wacko:

Such fantastic news Geraldine. Your son must be a very special young man to have the grit and determination to fulfil his dreams. Hmmm! sounds like someone else I know!!! :o

Congratulations to him and to you for what must have been a hard struggle sometimes.

Enjoy your day out and I hope you find your dream outfit soon. xD

As the title says I don't often cry but I just have :o but tears of joy/happiness and utter pride :(:(:(

I think I have shared in the past the struggle my third son had during his schooldays and how his dream to join the Police Force has been the toughest of uphill battles. He served as a 'special' locally but his dream was to join the regular force. He has faced so many setbacks and rejections and yet without fail as stood up and tried again and again. Finally he was accepted by the Metropolitan Force and started his training with gusto but since then has been injured twice on duty and forced to have several weeks off whilst broken ribs and other injuries healed.

So why I am a crying - because he has just come home and presented me with tickets for his passing out parade :wacko: xD :rolleyes: Through sheer guts and determination he has achieved his dream and it was suddenly all too much and I sobbed xD There will be no prouder mum in the land than when we go to London to watch the parade :unsure: ;)

I have had many proud mum moments over the years between my four sons but this just tops the lot.

The nice thing is that his brothers also think his achievement is simply 'the best moment ever'

but tears to my eyes to ,well done to him x