Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Yippee, Its Half Term!

Guest budgie1

Guest budgie1

:o Hoorah!!! xD

Ive made it to half term, can now have a lovely rest , after Ive caught up with the washing, ironing, cleaning, shopping, cooking, helped with the chidrens homework, delivered / collected them from all their engagements and read the latest pile of government documents that have been quietly gathering dust since Christmas! :(

Feel a bit depressed now, time to open the wine!

Any one doing anything nice?

all the above plus i forgot the pritt stick for all the phototgraphs i have to put into learning journeys. My classroom is small so loads of stuff has come home in boxes to be sorted but I don't want to be looking at them all week. I really do feel weighed down in paper. Have a great half term everyone and try and have some time to chill.

Guest MaryEMac

On monday it's my husband's birthday and on Wednesday it is my grandson's birthday. I have already been told by my daughter in law that she will collect me in the morning so that I can help bake cakes etc for his party which I will be attending. On thursday both grandchildren come to me for the day. That just leaves friday. I still have to fit in housework, haircut, washing, ironing etc,etc. That just leaves the week-end and back to work. :o

Mary

I'm so glad it is half term! It has been my first half term since going back after my ankle op and it's been a real killer!

I've got a pamper day booked on Wednesday which should be fabulous and then on Thursday I'm going down to London to stay with a friend. Me, my husband and my friend are going to a comedy club, me and my friend are going to a show and I'm going to a meet to meet up with people who have been doing the photo a day project with me since 2007. Looking forward to it.

Updating learning journeys, planning, doing parents info board, reviewing and updating pre-school policies, reading subject SEF's and reviewing subject policies (as a parent governor), start writing up first DPP assignment.....housework? That's what I've got two daughters for! I know, I know, who I'm I trying to kid!

Karrie

That's the only thing keeping me going this half term budgie1. Other than that I'm with Cait, you and all the others who are "working from home" as I've taken to calling holidays! And yes, it makes me laugh too when the parents say they hope I have a good break because I deserve it. I'm planning to go shopping with my daughters one day this weekend as a day off, but it will probably make me feel glad to be doing paperwork the rest of the week :o

I suppose we should be grateful, :o staff in day nurseries dont even get a half term :(

Yes, that definitely needs to be mentioned! No half term in Children's Centres either! xD

Hi all - time for a rant - Yipee it is half term - I have 3 girls all getting older into their teenage years and I have like everyone else to sort out planning, sef, policies etc etc the list is really endless - I am beginning to think "why am I doing this !" - I tell parents all week "make the most of them, time soon goes by and they grow up" - my girls are growing up, and I have told them this week I have to concentrate on work - how sad am I, but I have no choice ........................... spent every evening this week working until 10.30pm - never seem to get to the end of anything...........................

...................wish I had a fairy god mother to come round and help me :o

On a ligther note, life is great I am well, my kids are well and I am counting my blessings Dot xD

Much the same for me lots of Uni work to do, just started the last two modules and have the dissertation to think of....I desperately don't want my work to affect my time with the children so I get up at 5 ish to work :oxD

Of course it will affect them because by 3 pm I am so tired!!

Happy holidays everyone :(

Well. On Monday I'm going to visit two children in their other settings whilst my son plays the new computer games he'll get for his birthday. Tuesday night I'm going out to meet my old PLA colleagues for dinner and a catch up, Wednesday I'm going to go and sort my future out with my deputy supervisor, Thursday its my birthday (may be going on a spa day but I'm not sure whether Campbells has booked it), and nothing is happening on Friday that I know of.

I have the SEF to complete, printing out photos for display/children's special books, look at my figures for the rest of the term and advertise for some new children, continuous provision planning to progress (note I didn't say 'finish'), sort out my operational plan, do our superstar planning for the following week, and at some point write February's newsletter.

And amidst all this I have to jump every time the phone rings hoping for news about whether I've achieved EYPS!

I may even get a bit of sleep somewhere along the line too! :o

Hope you have a good half term if you're lucky enough to get one!

Maz

:o Well i ggoing to join the crowd!

Ive got load of paperwork, uni assigments to do

Tons and Tons of housework

De trashing my kids bedrooms

Being referee to my two children

shopping

Taking nets dowm to wash Oh and do windows

And I migh just fir in going to the loo and having showers amongstthat lot.

On half term, but my body clock is on school time, even on a Saturday!

Me too - why oh why does that happen?!!

Well I was just making a list of things I need to do over half term - its over two pages long already! Added to that our head terrified us all on Tuesday by saying he thinks the dreaded OFSTED is looming any time soon I dont think a "nice break" is a term I will be using for this half term!! :o

I will be doing what I do every week, work! Although I am determined to do my actual hours next week, after 2 weeks of 50+ hours due to a grueling interview schedule I should be able to go home when I am meant to and maybe have the energy to get some uni work done. I haven't done any for about 2 weeks and the 27th of April is looming, on a brighter note I got 63 and 70 (%) for my last 2 modules, that has given me an incentive to get stuck in today which is why I am up so early on a saturday morning. (early for me by a couple of hours!)

p.s I hope my spelling and typing improve as the day goes on!!

On half term, but my body clock is on school time, even on a Saturday! :o

Yes me too! Was so looking forward to a lie in today - but didn't happen!! :(

I have a lovely day lined up with my neice on Monday - we're off swimming which she loves and is getting more and more confident with. The rest of the week is scheduled for the usual washing, cleaning, tidying up, catching up with teacher friends and some reading up too.

Have a good week everyone xD

sad isnt it that we have all this work me too all of the above

except for i guess for most of us its without pay !!

The only bonus is no getting up at 6 no going to work at 7.15 to set up !!