Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Junk Mail

I got home at lunch time today to find 4 pieces of junk mail from the postie. :o

This afternoon, another item from local estate agent came through the door. xD

And just now I heard a plop on the hall carpet to go and find 15 yes 15!! take away menus from a local take-away. :(

Thats 20 pieces of junk mail today.

I'm so mad with the 15 that I feel like going down town and slamming them on their counter and telling them what to do with them.

No wonder we need to recycle everything!!!!

How much junk do you get. Oh and thats me personally, not the pre-school (now thats another issue!)

Oh dear I have a bad confession to make..........but funny well I think so.

When I discovered my husband (now ex) was having an affair I really really really wanted to do something to the other woman, not necessarily violent but just to make my point!

I cut EVERY free advert out of magazines, papers and freebies for things like conservatories, holidays, incontinence knickers, I'm sure you get the picture and put HER address on them as wanting info, never put her phone number and never any that involved money! I reckon I must have sent about 200.....yes 200!! Very naughty of me but very very satisfying at the time.

Apparently alot of the firms got her phone number via directory enquiries so she had alot of phone calls too - shame!!!

On the down side it was an RAF married quarter so know doubt the people who live there now are still receiving an inordinate amount of junk mail - OMG its not you Brenda S is it?? Sorry if it is!!!

Im afraid i often ripped it up and put it back into the envelope they always include and returned it. My junk post also decline rather dramatically.

Liza Tarbuck advocates wrapping up a house brick and using the reply paid envelope as an address label... :o

When I discovered my husband (now ex) was having an affair I really really really wanted to do something to the other woman, not necessarily violent but just to make my point!

I cut EVERY free advert out of magazines, papers and freebies for things like conservatories, holidays, incontinence knickers, I'm sure you get the picture and put HER address on them as wanting info, never put her phone number and never any that involved money! I reckon I must have sent about 200.....yes 200!! Very naughty of me but very very satisfying at the time.

Apparently alot of the firms got her phone number via directory enquiries so she had alot of phone calls too - shame!!!

On the down side it was an RAF married quarter so know doubt the people who live there now are still receiving an inordinate amount of junk mail - OMG its not you Brenda S is it?? Sorry if it is!!!

I have to say this made me smile, some might go to more extreme, violent ways of getting their revenge but the simple pleasure of knowing that on an almost daily basis she had the inconvenience of dealing with the junk mail was a stroke of genius if you ask me.

I do stuff things back in the freepost envelopes and return the stuff to the sender but I do resent the fact that I am having to do it :o

Sue

There isn't always an envelope though. Although we have been known to let the children stuff everything from one 'drop' into the one reply paid envelope that came and I've pushed that through the letterbox on my way home (But don't tell anyone)

Nice one!

Sunnyday