Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Songs You Hate

Rea

We've trawled through the depths of time to come up with songs that mean something to us, now have you got a song you hate? Not just a genre but a specific song. The one you make a made grab for the off button or channel changer.

Mine are...

ABC - by the Jackson 5.

Silver machine - Hawkwind

Hate it, hate it, hate it.

Dean Friedman - Lucky stars! and now I'm singing it in my head, thank you Rea!

There are more that I hate more - but my brain is just not letting me go there!

Yes sorry about that. If its any consolation I'm singing ABC

Lena Martell was singing "one day at a time" almost at every minute on the radio when my mum got the diagnosis that her cancer was terminal. Since this was the advice most people trotted out to her at every opportunity, she quite understandably got sick of it and turned the radio down whenever she heard the opening bars.

I have to say that I can't think of any music I really don't like (except the noise my sixteen year old son plays very loudly so the whole neighbourhood has nightmares!).

I shall have to think some more!

Maz

oh yes I agree with All things bright and beautiful it puts my teeth on edge like nails down a black board

and Away in a manger makes me want to cry thinking of all the dear children going to heaven to live with jesus, its enough to give children nightmares

oh I remember what song I REALLY hate

Non, je ne regrette rien

I used to live in at a childrens home and in the room next to me was another member of staff who would come in at 11pm after being down the pub and I think he only owned one record and he would play it over and over and over again very loud

......and now to add insult to injury it keeps being played on the specs advert

'Macdonalds, MacDonalds, Kentucky Fried Chicken and a Pizza Hut' - absolute torture for me.

But this was a brownie song before the Fast Food Rockers hijacked it! :o

It isn't quite the same any more! xD

Wahey! we made up christmas ones too a christmas tree, a christmas tree, some fancy baubles on a christmas tree, rep. the tinsel, the tinsel some fancy baubles on a christmas tree, rep. Some fairy lights, some fairy lights there's lots of presents and some fairy lights ets etc.

Also a healthy eating one (sorry sunnyday :o) with lots of fruit and veg - all great fun!

Have a had a good think about this, there isnt 1 particular song, just one particular group - Simply Red!!!!

I cannot stand the sound of his voice! Really, really really annoys me!!! Grrr

Wahey! we made up christmas ones too a christmas tree, a christmas tree, some fancy baubles on a christmas tree, rep. the tinsel, the tinsel some fancy baubles on a christmas tree, rep. Some fairy lights, some fairy lights there's lots of presents and some fairy lights ets etc.

Also a healthy eating one (sorry sunnyday :o) with lots of fruit and veg - all great fun!

Oh no no no!!!

sunnyday