Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ofsted Inspection Today!

Hi everyone,

I know that I havent posted for such a long time, as I am busy running the pre school and studying for the Foundation Degree, through Worcester University.

Today we had our first Ofsted inspection since I took over in Feb 07. I met the Ofsted Inspector whilst I was smashing up the ice on the path into pre school with my broom (I initially thought it was a lady going into the dance class in the adjacent building lol) The lady said 'That looks like hard work', i replied 'it is, but if I dont do this a child and their parents might break their necks!!

To cut a long story short, we got a good for everything and an outstanding for partnerships with parents. She did say that the environment (village hall) stopped us getting an outstanding across the board, however she was aware that we are at the planning stage with aquiring a purpose built building with childrens centre attached on the local school site.

The reasons we got outstanding for partnerships with parents were as follows;

Parental observations used to show development progress of the children.

6monthly parental questionnaires, which highlighted our weakness's and she could see how we addressed these.

Dual setting books, where the learning in other settings is included in the childrens development profiles.

The sending out of development profiles on a termly basis.

Parents involved in agreeing next steps, taken from key person planned observations of childrens learning.

Referring children onto other professionals, working with parents to identify needs and take appropriate action to have children refered.

Feeling really drained at the moment, but pleased with the outcomes.

Claire x

Congratulations to you and your team, something we can all learn from I am sure. You have obviously worked hard and it's great to have that acknowledge, I hope the outstanding if not for the space bit goes into the report.

Well done cupcake :o

Oh! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! well done you! (PS -don't think you are meant to tell us what you got, but I don't blame you - i'd be shouting from the rooftops too!)

Thanks for the info on what they liked, we're doing all those things too - but not sending the books home, they took a month to come back last time and key persons found it lost their thread a bit. Still, parents can come in and see them at any time

well done congratulations - bet thats a relief its all over :o

I am so relieved and pleased all at the same time. I am suffering this eveing with the after effects of such an adrenaline rush, my head and believe it or not my legs are throbbing lol.

To answer another posters question.

The inspection lasted a total of 6.5 hours

Claire x

Hi everyone,

I know that I havent posted for such a long time, as I am busy running the pre school and studying for the Foundation Degree, through Worcester University.

Today we had our first Ofsted inspection since I took over in Feb 07. I met the Ofsted Inspector whilst I was smashing up the ice on the path into pre school with my broom (I initially thought it was a lady going into the dance class in the adjacent building lol) The lady said 'That looks like hard work', i replied 'it is, but if I dont do this a child and their parents might break their necks!!

To cut a long story short, we got a good for everything and an outstanding for partnerships with parents. She did say that the environment (village hall) stopped us getting an outstanding across the board, however she was aware that we are at the planning stage with aquiring a purpose built building with childrens centre attached on the local school site.

The reasons we got outstanding for partnerships with parents were as follows;

Parental observations used to show development progress of the children.

6monthly parental questionnaires, which highlighted our weakness's and she could see how we addressed these.

Dual setting books, where the learning in other settings is included in the childrens development profiles.

The sending out of development profiles on a termly basis.

Parents involved in agreeing next steps, taken from key person planned observations of childrens learning.

Referring children onto other professionals, working with parents to identify needs and take appropriate action to have children refered.

Feeling really drained at the moment, but pleased with the outcomes.

Claire x

Congratulautions , you have done superbly. Just remeber its all over for another 3 years /xx

Many many congratulations what a wonderful feedback especially with your parents as partners.

As a packaway preschool myself, I find it so frustrating when your environment has "hindered" you to take it that notch further. Village hall preschools do such a wonderful job with so many hazards making a fantastic learning environment for the children with all that extra work of putting out and packing away as well as having a PHD in jigsaws packing everything in a tiny space provided. We have so many boards on the walls to try and make a drab hall look inviting as well as trying to display the children's work in imaginative ways that make it easier to tidy away

Well done indeed for a fantastic result