Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Is It Snowing Where You Are?

sunnyday

no snow where I live but loads at school, so another day off xD

I've caught up on school work, housework, and I'm off to do the shopping later, I won't know what to do with myself all weekend :o

Snowing here - though not where school is. I couldn't go in due to the snow, and only 30 children showed up so the school is being closed at lunchtime anyway!

Three inches this morning - worst it's been all week. Almost all the schools here are closed, buses not running, rubbish collections cancelled and some parts of the county are off limits to Ambulances.

As for me, I'm finally having a snow day - have been keeping fingers crossed all week - and have been busy making a snow Mii!

Edited by Guest

Well no more snow where I live. But the road I live on is very icy, so theres no way I can get the car out. I have walked out to the doctors/chemist this morning and I fell just outside my house walking across a tiny side road. Looks like buses for me today to get to college for 2 hours but very important work. No way I am not taking textbooks in this weather, I am having fun walking without a heavy bag!

Anyhow must get ready to go out again.

Beth

Three inches this morning - worst it's been all week. Almost all the schools here are closed, buses not running, rubbish collections cancelled and some parts of the county are off limits to Ambulances.

As for me, I'm finally having a snow day - have been keeping fingers crossed all week - and have been busy making a snow Mii!

Whereabouts in the country are you?

No snow here just lost of rain!!

I was hoping it would snow so the children could play in it tonight and weekend as there school had stayed open earlier in the week when we did get snow and being less than a 10 minute walk away couldn't really not send them in!!

Well we actually got outside in it! Not that there was much, just a dusting, but at least there were no tears today! We also had the exciting distraction of a lorry crane in the garden at the back lifting a boat onto the lorry!

post-13453-1233939135_thumb.jpg

Guest MaryEMac

Playgroup and school were open this morning but it started to snow again at 10 ish and it was a steady fall. School started sending children home at 11 and we finished at 11.30. Some of the teachers have a fair way to go and the roads were decidedly dodgy. Me...? I walked pulling my Lakeland funky trundle which actually worked a bit like a snow plough and I had to keep stopping to dislodge the snow.

The roadfs are not too bad at the moment but it talks of temps of -6 tonight.

Mary

Me...? I walked pulling my Lakeland funky trundle which actually worked a bit like a snow plough and I had to keep stopping to dislodge the snow.

Lakeland funky trundle? I need one of those! :o

How funky is funky though? xD I shall go and look at the Lakeland website... :o

Not as funky as I was imagining - but a lot funkier than my tutoring trolley! Look here for the evidence!

Maz

Edited by HappyMaz

No snow here which is good for the elderly but I want to be out sledging, making snowmen and making angels! My laptop is poorly sick as well and wont be back until sometime next week so I can't even console myself by spending hours on here. Using OH's PC for a few minutes.. dreadful thing and so slow.

Hi

School has been closed for last two days this week, Yippee a 4 day weekend.

Have loved the snow as I live local to town so can walk everywhere i need to go.

Have some pictures to show of the FSU garden under 4 inches + of snow! ( just one nights snow ) but not sure how to add them into text box Any offers of advice??

We still have quite a bit around been snowed in for the last two days.....it's been great !! My horses have been playing in it more than the children!! :oxD

I have some pics on facebook

Edited by Guest

We still have lying snow which has now turned to icy but very icy to walk on. It is ment to snow more this afternoon/evening/night. Not looking foward to the walk to work tomorrow, just hoping I don't fall over. In this icy weather I keep falling over, so far I haven't damaged myself too much.

Oh well looks like walking at the side of the main road (yes a main road!) to get to work tomorrow! lol

Beth

We still have lying snow which has now turned to icy but very icy to walk on. It is ment to snow more this afternoon/evening/night. Not looking foward to the walk to work tomorrow, just hoping I don't fall over. In this icy weather I keep falling over, so far I haven't damaged myself too much.

Oh well looks like walking at the side of the main road (yes a main road!) to get to work tomorrow! lol

Beth

Bit late for this time.. but these anti slip overshoes may not look glamorous but will stop any injury from falls. There are others on the market which work just as well, at differing prices... parents found them useful when travelling to icy areas, and kept some just in case.

Inge