Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Is It Snowing Where You Are?

sunnyday

We have had sleet and hailstones today. Followed by very wet snow which didnt settle. Just checked outside and we now have bigger drops of snow, the temperature has dropped and it is starting to settle on the top of my bin, although the ground is very wet!!

here's hoping :o

Well, well, well in our garden I am estimating (haven't got a big ruler) that in parts are up to 15cm deep. Soo not looking forward to going to work, haven't have any word! BUT both primary schools are close as are most of the seinor schools!

I hope there is someone at work to open the door, may give it 10 mins otherwise I will turn back and go home!

Beth

Our snow has gone this morning but my son built a snowman in his garden.

post-1195-1233650841_thumb.jpg

The Rochdale Snowman!

He looks slightly sinister! :o Not sure I'd want him lurking in my garden at night, there's no telling what he might get up to. xD:(

Yippee our school is closed today, so I'm going to enjoy a nice day to myself...may even build myself a snowman :o

It's so rare down there!! I can only remember snow once in my whole childhood and even then it was just dust really!!! Spoke to my mum last night and she had snow right down towards the bottom of the county.

Our offices still shut due to Ice (we're based in a secondary school) so a day working from home again. Hurrah!!

Cx

Not too much here in Somerset....but hurrah we live right out in the sticks and so no school and no work today!! We are gathering a wheelbarrow full of ready-made snowballs to take on the neighbours at 10 am!! :o

Edited by Guest

Err what did I do this morning! Are you ready??

So I walked to work, ended falling over in the snow think I hurt my tendon at the back of my ankle ouch it hurts! Still walked to work to find I couldn't get in any of the doors, was about to head back when the leader opened a door.

Then the fun begain lol, went upstairs to find a light fixing had fallen down so no children in. So what did we do; well we went on a staff outing to the local supermarket lol. Did my key person books and cleaned a cupboard. Walked home in snow drifts lol yes right up to my knees lol.

Only one primary school open by me! All other schools are closed for the day. Right new mission get a job in a primary school lol.

Beth

the snow all disappeared and it is now throwing down hail stones big time..the ground is white again ... and the sun is shining.........

had the log fire on all day so nice and warm in here.......another story outside....

Inge

Our snow - North Downs - Kent - thawing nicely. One of my 'farming' dads has just told me that we are going to have loads more on Friday - only just managed to nod and smile politely - rather than use an expletive - really musn't do that!

Sunnyday

Well, having provided care for the two who turned up yesterday and the 7 who turned up today with the school next closed for both days, a parent asked today (and yesterday) if things would be back to normal tomorrow. Well we think everything should be ok (we closed at 4 to try and make sure staff got home safely) but we couldn't be sure until tomorrow to see how many staff made it in and of course what the weather was up to. So, given that the majority of early years provision in our borough have been closed for the last two days, she replied, 'I think you're pushing your luck'!!! This lady turned up a 9am on monday morning and was confused as to why the 1 staff member who managed to get in was surprised to see her. I think she should think herself lucky that her son has received care for the last two days, albeit shorter hours than normal!!!!!!!!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhh

Another day at home for me today.

where I live the snow has all gone and it's raining, but the school where I work, which is half an hours drive away, they still have loads of snow and the roads are really bad.

Yesterday I houseworked downstairs, today I'll be doing upstairs, though I am terribly feeling guilty :o