Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Pogo

mundia

Is anyone using a POGO for documenting children's learning? Id never heard of it before this week, I gather it produces instant sticky back photos that could go straight into learning journeys.

Id love to now how easy they are to use, how expensive they are to run and if they are any good?

Or has noone else heard of them either?

never heard of it! i print off photos on photo paper from staples we always wait for their buy 1 get 1 free deals, and i print obs notes template ie. name of child, date, area of learning, staff member and room enough for the obs!! using big address labels 8 per page to stick in profiles also from staples

So come on mundia - what's a Pogo?

I seem to remember it being a 'dance' from the Punk days, and a toy that children used to jump up and down on (hence the name of the dance!).

But other than that I'm dying to know what a Pogo is! :o

Maz

Maz, don't think for a minute that I actually know cos, well, I dont, just someone mentioned that they used it in their setting and said it was brilliant as it was instant and easy to use and inkless. (Ithught it was a stick you jumped up and down on too!)

I suspect Cait, that that is probabaly exactly it. so noone using one then?

I suspect Cait, that that is probabaly exactly it. so noone using one then?

The site Cait linked to is American - they cost $99. 90 sheets of the sticky backed paper costs $33, so at first glance it seems a reasonable price for a new piece of kit. However I wonder how much they'll cost here?

I can see many advantages to this - not least the instant nature of it. Children pretty much expect to see their photos on the camera instantly thanks to the wonders of digital, so this is just a natural progression.

We have one of those little photo printers that you stick your memory card into, and the children can use this pretty easily with an adult nearby to help select pictures etc, but it does take a long time and then you still need the pritt stick to put them in their special book pages. So being able to stick them straight in with no glue or tape needed would be great...

Ooh - I do love a new gadget!

Maz

PS: Hali - do you think we could put this in our bid for ICT money? :o

I'd seen them on 'I want one of those' and thought they were fab - I think Polaroid bought it out afer they stopped making the cameras/film last year.

iwoot have them iwoot pogo for £99 - not sure how much papers are though. iwoot are very good in terms of customer service - managed to persuade chap very nicely if I could still order for next working day delivery even though it was just after 4.30pm and he did! :o

They seem a very good idea and I guess that the cost will come down the more as demand increases.

I wonder if there will be anything at the show tomrrow Maz, can you have a look?

Being inkless cuts down on cost of ink but then the paper seems quite pricey? The pictures it appears are credit card size, is that too small?

But its small and you can carry it around with you, no need to worry about storage or electricity.

Hmm, Id like to be able to try one out now.. on the principle that if I can work it, anyone can...

• 4 years later...

We are looking for a cheap, easy way to print photos too. What type of printers do other settings use? We pack away each day so need something light and small. Found that printing straight onto plain paper used up too much ink. Thanks.

We're looking for a printer too, one thats cheap on ink butnotKodak,our manager had problems with two! We need it to work without a computer though. At the moment we're using our Pogo for photos, its easy to use and produces really good pictures :1b

I've told our staff about it, but they havent shown any interest. I will plug it again as I do now and then. They're happy sticking to what they know, unfortunately Our manager wants to step down to be an assistant again so we'll be advertising for a manager soon, maybe she'll be more willing to go techno :1b

Spooky post! I was only telling a member of staff about pogos last week and she's just bought one!! Never use them in the setting- but love it for personal use.

As for tapestry- I would love to use it, but getting all the staff on-board not so easy- also not sure about the expense to get it up and running effectively in our preschool.

Thats another thing isnt it? We dont have any internet at playgroup so staff would have to go home and work,they do now but at least they dont have to interrupt the whole family to use the computers.

• Like 1

We bought a Canon Selphy (720 I think) a couple of years ago, it was about £80. The photo paper pack is about £30 for 108 photos, so it's not the cheapest but it is sooo convenient! Just put in the photo card and off you go. The photo quality is very good, photos are approx 6 x 4 and the children can use it. We just make sure that we are really sensible in the photos that we choose to take!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)