Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Operational File

Are there any pre-school people out there who would be willing to share their operational file index/contents page or tell me how they set it out? I'm panicking and Ofsted due any day!!! I have done a search but I'm just so confused with it all.

ANY help would be really appreciated.

Many thanks

cathrich I'm sure there have been discussions about operational plans on here before - try doing a forum search (click on the blue sausage shape at the top right of the screen).

Good luck - and try not to panic too much!

Maz

Hi

I have just had to put one together for Quilt, I got some ideas from the forum and the Devon website. Basically, I put copies of policies, staff, committee, trustee contacts, contracts, and any other templates so that anyone could run the setting if I wasn't there. It would have been really nice to have one of these when I took over as Supervisor two years ago. It would have made the whole process a lot easier.

Hope this helps.

Hi everyone,

Could I just ask, regarding the operational plan, is it an ofsted requirement to have one or is it just 'good practice' ? My leader mentioned it this morning and to be quite honest, I'd never heard of one. I knew exactly where to go to seek help and guidance, so here I am !

Who is the plan supposed to benefit? If you have all your paperwork up to date and everyone knows where to find them, surely this is just duplicating information yet again and causing even more paperwork!

But then no matter what we do, it never seems to be enough for Ofsted. Aren't we all just getting a little tired of having to prove ourselves all the time, right down to the last dot on the i and the cross on the t. (sorry for rant, it's one of those days)!

Are there any pre-school people out there who would be willing to share their operational file index/contents page or tell me how they set it out? I'm panicking and Ofsted due any day!!! I have done a search but I'm just so confused with it all.

ANY help would be really appreciated.

Many thanks

This is how we set ours out.

Enjoying_and_achieving___index.doc

Being_healthy___index.doc

Organisation___index.doc

Staying_safe___index.doc

Making_a_positive_contribution.doc

Thank you SO much for this. I have found it really useful and base mine on it if ok with you??

This may sound really thick but in the information column - what do the numbers relate to?

Cx

Could I just ask, regarding the operational plan, is it an ofsted requirement to have one or is it just 'good practice' ?

As I understand it, Esme there is no requirement to have an operational plan and as you say so long as all your paperwork complies with the EYFS and everyone knows how it all works (and where it all is) then that should be sufficient.

I don't have an operational plan but am seriously thinking of making one just so (a) everything is in the one place and (:o if I were to go under a bus tomorrow people wouldn't have to scrabble around working out where everything is and how it all works!

Sorry you're having a day when you need to rant - but there's no better place for a rant than here!

Maz

Caithrich

Glad my operational plan is of help. Of course you may use the format, we did from someone else!!! :o

If you look in your national standards book that we used to work to they are organised into standards. Therefore standard 1 is suitable person. Under section 1 there are sub sections, in this case 1.1 - 1.4.

So for standard 1 suitable person you need to prove in 1.1 - 1.3 all about the registered person and staff and 1.4 is about qualifications.

It should be clear if you have the national standards book. :(

I hope that helps, or is it now as clear as mud xD

Sorry don't know why, my previous post has included all my indexes again.

This forum is doing some very bizarre things to me at the moment xD It doesn't always let me 'view new posts' and now it is 'quoting' things i dont want it to. :o

Enjoying_and_achieving___index.doc

Being_healthy___index.doc

Organisation___index.doc

Staying_safe___index.doc

Making_a_positive_contribution.doc

Caithrich

Glad my operational plan is of help. Of course you may use the format, we did from someone else!!! :o

If you look in your national standards book that we used to work to they are organised into standards. Therefore standard 1 is suitable person. Under section 1 there are sub sections, in this case 1.1 - 1.4.

So for standard 1 suitable person you need to prove in 1.1 - 1.3 all about the registered person and staff and 1.4 is about qualifications.

It should be clear if you have the national standards book. :(

I hope that helps, or is it now as clear as mud xD

Ahhhhhh....thank you for your explanantion. I have to say I don't know too much about the National Standards as I'm quite new to all this!

Thank you again! I know what I'll be doing this weekend!

Why can't I download Brenda's attachments today? I looked at one the other day and brought my file home to check ours against those and now I can't open them.

Please will someone upload them again?

At our SEF seminar yesterday they suggested using the format of the Self Evaluation Form as the basis of your Operational Plan. In that way, when Mrs O comes to look for your evidence it will all be linked into the judgements you made on your SEF.

On balance, I think that's what I shall be doing - that way I'll be doing two jobs at once... :o

Maz

Hi

I recently had my suitable persons interview and the ofsted inspector did ask to see the operational plan, so althrough someone said its not a requirement, i think i may be now. I showed her the one the compay did, but it was not enough and she asked me to redo it, so i would suggest to everyone to do one!!!

Hi Cait -

I don't think there's anything wrong with the attachments. I'm opening them up ok.

Brenda - sometimes the view new topics feature has problems on some PCs, we've never managed to get to the bottom of it as it's not possible to replicate it on PCs that don't have the problem. But with regard to quoting previous posts, this happens if you click the 'wrong' add reply button. If you click the 'add reply' directly underneath a post the system assumes you want to directly reply to that post and includes the original text from that post. You can get over that in two ways:

1 - Use the large Add Reply button at the bottom of the page of posts

2 - just delete the quoted text as you see it in the dialogue box when composing your reply.

Sorry don't know why, my previous post has included all my indexes again.

This forum is doing some very bizarre things to me at the moment :( It doesn't always let me 'view new posts' and now it is 'quoting' things i dont want it to. :o

Brenda,

I can't see anything odd in your recent post - perhaps you could clarify what exactly seems to be the problem? :(

I'm sure Steve will look into the 'view new posts' issue and reply when he has completed his investigation! xD

• 4 weeks later...

Hi can I ask a silly question.

Does the operational plan have to one big file or can I have an index as to where find the information.

I seem to have seperate files with lots of info in and then duplicate it again for the operational plan - which does seem stupid.

I am sure I was advised by Ofsted have seperate is fine - especially a sit is seen as working documents, but my PLA PDW always expects one or two huge doorstops you can't lift - let alone use.

What does everyone else have?