Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Operational File

Hi can I ask a silly question.

No question is a silly question! :o

As I see it, the operational file is meant to provide all the information someone would need to run the group if I went under a bus! So whether you have all the information in one place or signpost the reader to where the information is kept, it doesn't really matter. I guess as far as Mrs Ofsted is concerned she'd probably prefer the latter - but this is a working document for you and not her so I'd go with whatever you feel comfortable with! xD

Maz

Thanks I'm going to build my new ikea filing cabinet right now and have a whole nice drawer for operational plan bits.

Oh I am so sad - It is exciting to actually have a system that I feel I can manage to maintain and not just use as a doorstop.

:o

im with you there M havnt got one - but as others hve said might be worth doing one! :o

We were inspected last week and it was the first thing that the inspector asked to see, she then went around the setting to see if things were where we said they were in the operational plan, for instance in the file under staying safe it told her that our significant incident forms were kept in a locked filing cabinet, she asked me to show her where in the filing cabinet which I did. Also in the plan it states that our orange safeguarding booklet is on the notice board, she went to the notice board to check it was there.

What I find useful about the operational plan is that if I ever leave the setting, every piece of paperwork we have is either kept in the operational plan folder, or there are details of where in the setting everything is kept, which is useful for a new leader coming into a setting. All staff use the file etc

Claire x

• 6 months later...
Sorry don't know why, my previous post has included all my indexes again.

This forum is doing some very bizarre things to me at the moment xD It doesn't always let me 'view new posts' and now it is 'quoting' things i dont want it to. :o

I have been trying to download Brenda's documents re. Operational Plan index - got them all apart from the last one 'making a positive contribution' - my PC just won't have it - it keeps saying something about a 'serious error' - any ideas anyone?

Sunnyday