Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's That Time Of Year Again..

MrsWeasley

Right, so all my friends have been talking about new years resolutions, and I never bother making them 'cause I either forget what they are by the end of the first week, or I just break them.

So I wanna know, what are your new years resolutions? If you make them anyway!

Mrs Weasley :o

Oh, and happy new year! Hope everyone has a great 2009.

And for those who didn't have such a great 2008, I hope 2009 brings you lots of luck, love and happiness!

Mrs W x

I'm really going to try and HANDWRITE a letter to my Mum, at least once a month. I know we rext and chat on Messenger, but honestly, I'm forgetting how to handwrite these days! My Dad wrote a letter to me every single sunday from 1982 until he died in 2006, and I still have them all (The last 6 years are typewritten) but there's something nicer and more personal about seeing his handwriting

I'm really going to try and HANDWRITE a letter to my Mum, at least once a month. I know we rext and chat on Messenger, but honestly, I'm forgetting how to handwrite these days! My Dad wrote a letter to me every single sunday from 1982 until he died in 2006, and I still have them all (The last 6 years are typewritten) but there's something nicer and more personal about seeing his handwriting

The usual thoughts about losing weight and taking more exercise made easier by getting a Wii fit for Christmas and then more importantly trying not to let school and school work rule my life and my home. I hope to spend less time working at the weekends and spend more time with my two daughters who are (8 and 10 yrs). I know how easy it is to give lots of time to school and less time to my family and this year I want to try and reverse this and spend more qaulity time with the girls and my husband.

Hope 2009 is a good day for everyone and that even when things are tough we find support from one another and those people who are important to us.

Nicky Sussex :(:(:oxD

I rarely make resultions has I tend to forget them.

Heres mine for 2009:

*Finish my Foundation Degree Early Years.

*To get a place on a top up course to convert FD into a BA (hons).

*To get my maths equivlency course by the time I complete my FD course.

*To try and complete the Adult Leadership Qualication with Girlguiding by the end of the acdemic term.

*Get a job I want after completing the maternaty leave contract in summer.

*Oh and try to loose another stone in weight.

Now lets see if I can remember them a year today :o

Beth

My new years resolution is to find time to do something new thats just for me - I've already given up smoking and I've lost nearly 5 stone this year so I'm hoping to do something more creative. Possibilities include bellydancing which I tried a few months ago and loved and doing a cookery course in indian/chinese food - with the credit crunch I cant afford takeaways and my previous efforts have been awful!!!

My new years resolution is to find time to do something new thats just for me - I've already given up smoking and I've lost nearly 5 stone this year so I'm hoping to do something more creative. Possibilities include bellydancing which I tried a few months ago and loved and doing a cookery course in indian/chinese food - with the credit crunch I cant afford takeaways and my previous efforts have been awful!!!

Ok spill the beans, how did you lose 5 stones? and congratulations of course, I was really proud of my 21 lbs but thats taken me six months to lose!!!!! :o

Karrie

Ok spill the beans, how did you lose 5 stones? and congratulations of course, I was really proud of my 21 lbs but thats taken me six months to lose!!!!! xD

Karrie

Didnt try at all, it was caused by the stress of my partner of 15 years walking out on me in July! Having said that, I'm feeling better than I have for years and I can actually RUN now when I play football with the kids. Every cloud has a silver lining :o

Cait, that's a great new years resolution. :o

For me, how about getting an FSF newsletter out every month in 2009.

I just know I'm going to regret that - especially as it's here in writing....

Hehe. Maybe a bi-monthly?

Any update on Peggy?

I have decided this year is the 'Get Fit' year. I am not unfit, but I am about to start training for the Race for Life in July!! It wasn't until I started running last week that I realised how bloody hard it is!! xD Am hoping to lose some weight in the process!! :o

Didnt try at all, it was caused by the stress of my partner of 15 years walking out on me in July! Having said that, I'm feeling better than I have for years and I can actually RUN now when I play football with the kids. Every cloud has a silver lining :o

I could do with a few of those silver linings!

Karrie

Peggy is slightly improved, the last I heard, thanks for asking Cait. Her husband emailed me yesterday to let me know - don't want to say too much as I don't want to jinx anything - not that I'm superstitious you understand! (*touches wood*)

Peggy is slightly improved, the last I heard, thanks for asking Cait.

Great to hear this - especially in what is usually Peggy's thread!

I'm still thinking of what my resolution should be. Perhaps to spend more time on the Forum. I don't think I post nearly often enough! :o

Maz

at the risk of boring everyone.............................make a resolution to check your boobs on the first day of each and every month.I shall!!It doesn't have to be a major hassle, just get to know what YOUR boobs feel like, so you can spot any changes quickly.

And, if you can, please give blood.................I have now had to retire from doing so, and have persuaded a couple of my family members to give in my place.If you CAN do it, look up the blood transfusion site http://www.blood.co.uk/ and find out where the nearest place is to you.They are desperately short of blood right now! I was fortunate not to need blood during my recent lengthy operation, but may need plateletes at some time during my chemotherapy, so, i hope there will be the donations there if i need them.

Oh yes, I aim to finish my FD

I aim to start my BA (hons)

and I aim to get my EYPS

and my maths equivilancy too

I aim to have the most fantastic time at the Marillion convention in March :o

and I aim to look incredible at my daughter's wedding in October ( her partner proposed on christmas day.....ahhhh)

this time next year, i shall look back, with a big grin at all that I acheived! xD

this time next year, i shall look back, with a big grin at all that I acheived! :o

I don't think any of us would bet against you achieving every single one of your resolutions, narnia! If anyone can you can! xD

Maz

• 4 months later...

Well I haven't managed one a month so far. I've done 4 and I'm afraid they were computered so I could be lazy and change the name and send more or less the same letter to an elderly aunt in Gloucester.

Anyone else kept to their resolutions this year so far?

I'm still thinking of what my resolution should be. Perhaps to spend more time on the Forum. I don't think I post nearly often enough! :o

I think I can safely say I've kept mine! xD

Maz