Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

The FSF 10th Birthday Celebration Event

Helen

Celebration Event  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Can you attend the 10th Birthday Celebration?

Thank you to those members who joined in with our initial discussions about our 10th birthday celebration next year.

We are delighted to give you some more information:

Date: Friday April 12th 2013 10.30am, to Saturday 13th at 12 noon

Venue: The Paganini and Regency Suites, The Old Ship Hotel, Brighton

Features: high-profile speakers, panel question time, discussion activities, evening buffet, and lots of opportunities to meet your online colleagues

Costs: to be confirmed, but under £200 to include all meals and teas/coffees, and bed and breakfast in the beautiful Old Ship Hotel on Brighton's seafront- Brighton's oldest hotel!

Could you please complete the poll above so that we can start to estimate the number of rooms we need to book. There is no obligation- we just need a show of hands at this stage! :1b

oh no, would defo have been up for it but thats the weekend of the school reunion i'm organising. Instead of meeting new friends I shall be catching with some very old ones!

Incidentally, regarding the costs, it's probably worth pointing out that the FSF won't be making any money out of the event (as if - we're asking people to join us in a celebration...). Whatever the costs end up being, they will be what we're having to pay for the occasion, minus an amount that we'll be subsidising it by. The £200 is the top end of what we're calculating at the moment, but hopefully it will be quite a few quid cheaper than that.

Just thought I should mention that in case anyone thinks we're trying to make money out of our own birthday! :ph34r:

Yes!

We're delighted to announce that Alistair Bryce-Clegg has confirmed- we know lots of you have really enjoyed attending talks he has given, training and so on. A very popular chap, and many members recommended him to us. His recent book From Vacant to Engaged is a refreshing take on child-led learning and engagement.

Nancy Stewart has also confirmed, which we are thrilled about. Nancy headed a quality improvement team and led EYFS implementation. She has lectured on early years foundation degree courses and served as assessor for Early Years Professional Status. As Senior Adviser with National Strategies, Nancy has had a leadership role in national programmes including Every Child a Talker. She also has a strong interest in child development and playful early years pedagogy, and has developed national materials in this field. Her most recent book, How children learn: The characteristics of effective early learning (Early Education 2011), covers the importance of supporting self-regulated learners in the revised EYFS.

Both speakers will also be taking part in the Question Time panel, so start thinking of some probing questions to ask them!

Oh I'm torn!

Found out yesterday my cousin is arranging a party for my uncles 80th birthday that weekend and she wants all the family together.

Three possible events all at the same time, bother!

It will be possible to come for the day without accommodation, although we're anxious to get an idea of the hotel room requirements first, as this is likely to be critical. Plus, we're rather hoping that people will be wanting to get together in the evening for a gossip and some fun. :1b

April 12th is the last Friday of the holiday- schools go back on the following Monday, at least in our neck of the woods!. Yes, there will be an opportunity to come for the day, the day + evening, and for 24 hours, but as Steve says, we need to get a batch of hotel rooms booked first- we can estimate the numbers at this stage, fortunately! :1b