28 replies to this topic

#1 samford

samford

New user

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 06:36 PM

Hi All,
I've been on the 'Implementation of the EYFS revised framework for childminders' training course today and we were shown a 'Progress Wheel' to use instead of highlighting the DM and our trainer told us we could find a 'progress wheel' on this site!
Can anyone please point me towards it, I've tried searching and searching and searced a little bit more but maybe i'm missing something but I cannot find one anywhere!!

Thank you in advance!

Sam x

#2 Gezabel

Gezabel

Landscape design and gardening consultancy!

• 2,310 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 07:17 PM

Are you in essex by any chance. If so go to the essex forum and you will find it there.

#3 Gezabel

Gezabel

• 2,310 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 07:19 PM

Just realised it was your first post so a very warm welcome to the forum from me :1b

#4 Panders

Panders

• 2,627 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 07:52 PM

Are you in essex by any chance. If so go to the essex forum and you will find it there.

Whoa, whoa, whoa, Gezabel! Is this a possible share with the rest of us - what is a progress wheel, - is it the same as "the 3 characteristics of learning?

By the way, welcome to the forum Sam
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

#5 Smiles

Smiles

Susie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 08:16 PM

Whoa, whoa, whoa, Gezabel! Is this a possible share with the rest of us - what is a progress wheel, - is it the same as "the 3 characteristics of learning?

By the way, welcome to the forum Sam

iIts not the same as the COL but is a way of checking children's progress in the areas of learning by months. been around for sometime but Essex has just updated it. It came about with Tracking Children's Progress.

Smiles
[COLOR=purple][SIZE=1][SIZE=7]

susie

#6 samford

samford

New user

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 08:48 PM

Thanks for your help and also all your welcomes to the forums!!
I may be being completely dense here, but I can't find an Essex forum, You are right though, I am in Essex!
X

#7 Gezabel

Gezabel

• 2,310 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 09:26 PM

I may be being completely dense here, but I can't find an Essex forum, You are right though, I am in Essex!
X

I thought you must be as the only progress wheel i know is something produced by them!
You are not dense at all. Did you subscribe through the LEA scheme. If you paid to join then you won't get automatic access to the essex forum. Essex pay for practitioners to be members of this fantastic forum and the Essex page just 'comes up' at the top of my FsF page.

Panders you know me I would love to share but I don't know that I can without permission - if I am allowed then I will post.

Edited by Gezabel, 14 July 2012 - 09:27 PM.

#8 louby loo

louby loo

Forum Gardener

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,921 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 08:09 AM

Personally I find the wheel confusing and messy looking, especially now it has more lines on it. (but then again I like straight lines!).

Going of topic-

........... if I post in the Essex forum section- can it only be seen in Essex? (or should I say by Essex users).

#9 Cait

Cait

Retired Preschool Manager

• 9,278 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 09:58 AM

I think that's the case, yes

The nice thing about living in a small village is that when you don't know what you're doing -someone else always does!

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here, we might as well dance

#10 louby loo

louby loo

Forum Gardener

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,921 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 01:04 PM

I think that's the case, yes

Hmmm............ but sharing is good is it not? Thought that was the whole idea of the forum :huh:

#11 Sue

Sue

Forum caretaker and babysitter

• Admin
  • 3,146 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 07:39 AM

X

Hi Sam
I will respond to your email in my inbox shortly but don't worry will soon have your Essex membership sorted out ::1a
Best wishes
Sue
Admin Team

Sue

Admin Team
ofni.sfye@nimda

#12 Sue

Sue

• Admin
  • 3,146 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 07:47 AM

Personally I find the wheel confusing and messy looking, especially now it has more lines on it. (but then again I like straight lines!).

Going of topic-

........... if I post in the Essex forum section- can it only be seen in Essex? (or should I say by Essex users).

Hi Louby Loo

In answer to your question.....content in a local authority forum area can only be seen by the members who join as part of that local authority scheme.

Content shared in the LA forum areas is often specific to the LA, for example if a local authority training event was shared nationally and then all these excited people tried to access the training only to be told it is only for Essex peeps that would be very frustrating.

I appreciate that sometimes an item shared in an LA area could be useful to other FSF members but if it is owned by the LA and they have the copyright of it then it would be unfair on the authority to share it.

Look on the bight side, at least your LA are lovely and pay your FSF membership ::1a

Sue

Admin Team
ofni.sfye@nimda

#13 bubblejack

bubblejack

Forum Gardener

• Official FSF Saint
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 11:09 AM

Hello Sue, I am also funded by Essex but cannot find how to access Essex forum and progress wheel. Many thanks.

#14 Sue

Sue

• Admin
  • 3,146 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 11:34 AM

Hello Sue, I am also funded by Essex but cannot find how to access Essex forum and progress wheel. Many thanks.

Hi bubblejack
Can you click here 'Forum index'

At the top of the screen you should now see 'Your local authority forum area' and Essex

The Progress Wheel topic is in the Essex section

I think your 'Official FSF Saint' status knocked out your Essex permission but hopefully all back now.

Let me know if you still can't see it.
Sue

Sue

Admin Team
ofni.sfye@nimda

#15 bubblejack

bubblejack

Forum Gardener

• Official FSF Saint
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 02:28 PM

Yes I have it now. Wow thankyou.

#16 lisadiprose

lisadiprose

New user

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:47 PM

hi

did u find the progree wheel...if so please point me in the right direction just had a visit from my dp worker and have been directed here but can not find...

many thanks

#17 Sue

Sue

• Admin
  • 3,146 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:06 PM

Hi

The Essex wheel can be found in the Essex forum area here

SORRY PEEPS THIS IS ONLY AVAILABLE TO ESSEX MEMBERS SO IF YOU ARE NOT REGISTERED USING THE ESSEX LA SCHEME PASSWORD THEN YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO SEE IT :(

Sue

Admin Team
ofni.sfye@nimda

#18 Melcatfish

Melcatfish

Forum Inhabitant!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:41 PM

Well to further muddy the waters I am in Essex but haven't got their progress wheel as I had heard it was for overall areas (PSED, PD CL etc...) and I wanted something to show each individual area (PD-Movement&Handling PSED-Self Care etc...) because I have found often children may have areas of strength within a larger area of learning which is not reflected if you haven't got those on there. I have created my own wheel and I believe I am not the only one to have made a plit Area of Learning wheel. I am happy to share it but if a moderator thinks that the concept of a progress wheel should belong solely to Essex then please feel free to take it down.

Mel
x

PS My own copy has the school name underneath the Developmental Wheel title - I created it in Publisher but turned it into a PDF

Attached Files

Edited by Melcatfish, 30 September 2012 - 05:42 PM.

#19 Cait

Cait

• 9,278 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:15 PM

Thanks for that, it's nice to see what one looks like! Well done for creating!

The nice thing about living in a small village is that when you don't know what you're doing -someone else always does!

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here, we might as well dance

#20 Smiles

Smiles

Susie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:50 PM

Wished I seen your one earlier. Ive them off for my group but prefer this copy. Might take a copy in tomorrow to see whcih one everyone prefers. Its new to us as we used to do it in a chart format so trying to make it easier for everyone.
[COLOR=purple][SIZE=1][SIZE=7]

susie

#21 cathy m

cathy m

Feet firmly under the table!

• Full FSF Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:15 PM

Thanks for attaching that, I was wondering how a progress wheel would look
[COLOR=purple][FONT=Arial]Cathy

#22 sunnyday

sunnyday

• 6,257 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:54 PM

As above!
thanks for sharing
BE KIND TO OTHERS, FOR EACH OF US IS FIGHTING SOME KIND OF BATTLE

#23 sarahkay

sarahkay

New user

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:29 PM

Tried to find the essex log in too and the progress wheel mentioned here can you help?

#24 Cait

Cait

• 9,278 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:45 PM

Are you based in Essex Sarahkay? If so you should have a section at the top of the forum index page specifically for your area. (We all have one) you should be able to find the link in your local forum. If you can't find it, pm Sue who will set you right

#25 Sue

Sue

• Admin
  • 3,146 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:46 AM

Tried to find the essex log in too and the progress wheel mentioned here can you help?

Hi Sarah

Unless there is something very strange going on you are a full member of the forum under the terms of the Oldham scheme....have you moved?

If not then I am afraid you cannot access the Essex forum area as you are not in Essex just as Essex folk cannot access the Oldham forum area that you see at the top of your forum index page under 'Your local authority forum'

Hope that helps but pm me or email me on ofni.sfye@eus if you need further assistance.

Sue
Admin Team

Sue

Admin Team
ofni.sfye@nimda

#26 Aunt Sally

Aunt Sally

Forum Inhabitant!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:05 PM

Well to further muddy the waters I am in Essex but haven't got their progress wheel as I had heard it was for overall areas (PSED, PD CL etc...) and I wanted something to show each individual area (PD-Movement&Handling PSED-Self Care etc...) because I have found often children may have areas of strength within a larger area of learning which is not reflected if you haven't got those on there. I have created my own wheel and I believe I am not the only one to have made a plit Area of Learning wheel. I am happy to share it but if a moderator thinks that the concept of a progress wheel should belong solely to Essex then please feel free to take it down.

Mel
x

PS My own copy has the school name underneath the Developmental Wheel title - I created it in Publisher but turned it into a PDF

Thank you very much for sharing.Would it be possible for the publisher version, many thanks in anticipation.

#27 Melcatfish

Melcatfish

Forum Inhabitant!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:46 PM

Here is the publisher version. Hope this is useful to some of you, it took a while to faff about and make so it might as well be of use to other people too!

Mel
x

Attached Files

#28 Aunt Sally

Aunt Sally

Forum Inhabitant!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:15 PM

Many thanks for sharing.....it must have taken you ages!!!!!!

#29 lucyevans

lucyevans

Lucy Locket Childcare

• PipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:02 PM

Kids Allowed use a Progress Wheel type tracker too
http://www.kidsallow...ker Booklet.pdf

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: EYFS, Childminder

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users