Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Here we go again

enuffsenuf

Well of course from Midnight the world changes once again......I have found myself very teary and grumpy this week feeling others paind as their businesses struggle and families crumple around me.    I KNOW I am not alone so just wanted to say be strong chaps...we can do this again and if we all support each other again both professionally and personally we can ride this roller coaster once more and hopefully come out with just a dizzy head and scarecrow hair!    BIG HUG 😝

• Like 2

Thanks enuffsenuf. I have found myself in ostrich mode for most of the week (burys head!) I remain confused about what if any changes i will need to make (last nightsguidance no help!) ...it appears that we just continue to do what we do! anyone changed anything????

However personally i have had my bank card defrauded so now have no access to money!! 🙄

• Sad 1

sorry to hear about the bank card Finleysmaid, it is such an awful thing to happen.  Having had many knock on affects from a similar problem,  Mr. Panders is coming out of the other side now in many ways however, it has left him a little paranoid.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

What I'm annoyed  miffed about this time around is - last time at this point (well for the last week we were open) we had a huge drop of children.... this time around we have parents asking for extra sessions! We are full and have had full attendance all week!  Parents are even prepared to pay.

We have 3   working parents,  no vulnerable/CIN children.... we have 'mature' staff - half shouldn't even be in according to Boris....... yet parents want more sessions!!!!

Ok rant over :) 

...... well actually I have more..... the park was completely over full of both children and parents this evening when we left. 😬😬😬

Gosh £18.50 per hour! 

You poor thing- having your card cloned- so annoying and such an inconvenience. 

louby- I'm just downright annoyed about it. The whole thing is now having such an impact on every aspect of our lives isnt it. I speak as someone who is in the 'danger' age (or so I'm told) lives with a vulnerable person and whose poor Mum is in a care home and been visited once since beginning of March- I now cant see 2 of my children, none of my grandchildren, one of who is celebrating her 40th birthday next week . So all in all thoroughly fed up- oh and on top of everything else I have to isolate until Fri next week. 

Last time I thought it really was the correct thing to do- as you say louby- our numbers had reduced drastically- most weren't coming in but this time we are almost full- or will be in January- we cant really take anymore children, not with the amount of cleaning to be done still. But now- I just dont know and cant help feeling what will happen after Christmas- when schools go back, Uni students have been partying etc, etc. We cant keep going into lockdowns- and I dont begin to even suggest the remotest idea of what else to do. I worry for all these fragile people with their mental health issues- look at a couple of friends whose business have folded and wonder how they will manage now.

Goodness I have become such a whinge bag! Sorry everyone- you dont have to answer- just having a bad day for some reason

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

10 hours ago, lynned55 said:

Goodness I have become such a whinge bag! Sorry everyone- you dont have to answer- just having a bad day for some reason

We all have bad days- it's allowed.  I think what is difficult is when you are the one at the 'top of the chain' as it were.  We check how are staff are, but no one to check how we are. :(  x

• Like 2

15 hours ago, lynned55 said:

'Whinge' away - we all need to get it all out at times - no safer place to do so than here amongst friends who will understand

• Like 1

On 05/11/2020 at 07:46, finleysmaid said:

Thanks enuffsenuf. I have found myself in ostrich mode for most of the week (burys head!) I remain confused about what if any changes i will need to make (last nightsguidance no help!) ...it appears that we just continue to do what we do! anyone changed anything????

However personally i have had my bank card defrauded so now have no access to money!! 🙄

oh no....I hope you get that sorted soon

• Like 1

On 05/11/2020 at 16:52, louby loo said:

What I'm annoyed  miffed about this time around is - last time at this point (well for the last week we were open) we had a huge drop of children.... this time around we have parents asking for extra sessions! We are full and have had full attendance all week!  Parents are even prepared to pay.

We have 3   working parents,  no vulnerable/CIN children.... we have 'mature' staff - half shouldn't even be in according to Boris....... yet parents want more sessions!!!!

Ok rant over :) 

...... well actually I have more..... the park was completely over full of both children and parents this evening when we left. 😬😬😬

I think you can designate children as vulnerable if you feel they are.........I now have almost half mine as "vulnerable" or as "key worker" so intend to stay open even if the doors to hell open under our building.   We have spent the last eight weeks trying to pick up the pieces and rebuild damaged little people many of which have now spent a quarter of their lives living in a world where they cannot mix in large groups or even access a playground.....so I'm feeling a bit suffragette and might chain our doors open!  However like you I have more trouble with the parents complying than I do with the children.

On 05/11/2020 at 22:59, lynned55 said:

Gosh £18.50 per hour! 

You poor thing- having your card cloned- so annoying and such an inconvenience. 

louby- I'm just downright annoyed about it. The whole thing is now having such an impact on every aspect of our lives isnt it. I speak as someone who is in the 'danger' age (or so I'm told) lives with a vulnerable person and whose poor Mum is in a care home and been visited once since beginning of March- I now cant see 2 of my children, none of my grandchildren, one of who is celebrating her 40th birthday next week . So all in all thoroughly fed up- oh and on top of everything else I have to isolate until Fri next week. 

Last time I thought it really was the correct thing to do- as you say louby- our numbers had reduced drastically- most weren't coming in but this time we are almost full- or will be in January- we cant really take anymore children, not with the amount of cleaning to be done still. But now- I just dont know and cant help feeling what will happen after Christmas- when schools go back, Uni students have been partying etc, etc. We cant keep going into lockdowns- and I dont begin to even suggest the remotest idea of what else to do. I worry for all these fragile people with their mental health issues- look at a couple of friends whose business have folded and wonder how they will manage now.

my goodness you are not a whinge bag this is what this forum is for...for us to express ourselves and share our worries, thoughts and use each other as council.   We might not always agree...nor want to do things the same way but we can listen and say...you can only do, cope with what you can and it is OK to express your doubts and sharing them does take some of the pressure off.....if only a teenie bit.