Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

A bit of good news at last

GFCCCC

So the government have decided to give early years the same level of funding as Spring 2020 for the coming Autumn term, as a minimum - even if fewer children are attending.  That is quite a relief as it will provide a bit of additional support once the furlough has ended whilst we try and build our numbers back up. We certainly are not looking to make any money out of this sad state of affairs but without this type of extra help - we would have been looking at a few redundancies and probable closing of a couple of rooms. How do others feel? will this help keep people going whilst we all work to overcome this?

Edited by GFCCCC
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, GFCCCC said:

So the government have decided to give early years the same level of funding as Spring 2020 for the coming Autumn term, as a minimum - even if fewer children are attending.  That is quite a relief as it will provide a bit of additional support once the furlough has ended whilst we try and build our numbers back up. We certainly are not looking to make any money out of this sad state of affairs but without this type of extra help - we would have been looking at a few redundancies and probable closing of a couple of rooms. How do others feel? will this help keep people going whilst we all work to overcome this?

I read that too - but I think that I am a bit 'hard of understanding' at the mo, I really was quite sure what it meant, however, if you are telling me that it is good news I will go with that! 😃

Our LA is only funding us for what we claim in the autumn term, so just as it has always been.  If we find the amount of funding we claim is more than 10% lower than the same time last year, there is a discretionary grant available, but it is up to the LA to give it.

1 hour ago, sunnyday said:

I read that too - but I think that I am a bit 'hard of understanding' at the mo, I really was quite sure what it meant, however, if you are telling me that it is good news I will go with that! 😃

I may have read it wrong but-

The way I read it is that....the government are giving the LA the same amount of funding,   what the LA does is a completely different matter ?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/07/2020 at 14:27, louby loo said:

I may have read it wrong but-

The way I read it is that....the government are giving the LA the same amount of funding,   what the LA does is a completely different matter ?

So did I! However- I'm really not sure if I understood it correctly and I had thought they were basing their figures on Autumn 19 numbers??

However if we are reading it right, I do think that any LA that does NOT pass on this extra funding deserves to be named and shamed big time!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mouseketeer said:

Ours have now said to submit the estimate for Autumn term as if normal and if this Autumn is less than last to contact them 🙂 

I honestly don't know what to make of all this - we had to submit our estimates before the end of the summer term - mine is going to be ridiculously 'wrong' - oh well, as long as I get paid the correct amount for children that are attending I will be happy enough 

• Like 1

I have spoken to someone from the LA now and they are planning to fund us the same level as last Autumn, rather than this Spring as it is more realistic (and obvs cheaper for them) which is fine by me. Autumn is always the lowest numbers anyway - we will just have to work really hard to build the numbers back up.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

I honestly don't know what to make of all this - we had to submit our estimates before the end of the summer term - mine is going to be ridiculously 'wrong' - oh well, as long as I get paid the correct amount for children that are attending I will be happy enough 

Ours estimate doesn’t have to be for another week yet so will be quite accurate 🙂 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GFCCCC said:

I have spoken to someone from the LA now and they are planning to fund us the same level as last Autumn, rather than this Spring as it is more realistic (and obvs cheaper for them) which is fine by me. Autumn is always the lowest numbers anyway - we will just have to work really hard to build the numbers back up.

Fortunately we have a big school cohort returning (lost 10 less this year) with around 1/4 on register being 30hr chn.

43 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

I was really quite annoyed about that - mainly because I like to be accurate and this early submission made that imposssible

Ours has always been this method. We only claim for our returners at this point though- just in case we have 'no show/changed minds' etc in September, We then put in the full claim in in September.  

13 hours ago, louby loo said:

Ours has always been this method. We only claim for our returners at this point though- just in case we have 'no show/changed minds' etc in September, We then put in the full claim in in September.  

Our funding for the first half-term is based on the estimate - if I only entered the 'returnees' I would be a bit 'short' ☹️

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)