Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Covid cleaning charge.

I had a phone call today from a family of a child starting in September.

She asked what plans we had re: cleaning etc, she then went on to ask how much the excess cleaning levy would be 😳   I was stumped! I told we didn't have one- and she said why ever not?   Her view was that parents should, and would expect to pay a little extra. She pointed out you now pay extra at the hairdressers etc.

Has anyone actually considered this ?    I have to admit I have spent a lot on cleaning, PPE etc- and were not even open again yet.

Sounds like a brilliant idea - a dentist was saying their fees were going up to cope with the extra PPE, as they had given almost all of theirs away at the beginning of lockdown to local gp surgeries etc.

One thing I have noticed is that my shopping bill has increased week on week and in the main I buy the same items give or take - and I shop in one shop.    Bet those prices don't go back down when things become easier.

38 minutes ago, Panders said:

One thing I have noticed is that my shopping bill has increased week on week and in the main I buy the same items give or take - and I shop in one shop.    Bet those prices don't go back down when things become easier.

Pleased to hear its not just me then

23 hours ago, Panders said:

Sounds like a brilliant idea - a dentist was saying their fees were going up to cope with the extra PPE, as they had given almost all of theirs away at the beginning of lockdown to local gp surgeries etc.

My brother in law is a dentist and this is the PPE he and his nurses have to wear when they are doing anything that creates aerosol.  Then the room has to be left for an hour and then cleaned completely before the next patient.   The filtration masks have had to be bought along with the equipment to test the seal is correct.  He needs a new coverall, hat, overshoes, gloves and ordinary mask and visor for every patient.  My sister and I have made their hats, just to try and save some expense.   

4C2E348E-E089-42A1-9756-1A0E57A99506.jpeg

2 hours ago, louby loo said:

Ok, so am I the only wondering what the fairy in the background  is holding - looks like a plastic bag of peanuts?

As they are dentists perhaps it's a plastic bag of teeth 🦷

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, louby loo said:

Ok, so am I the only wondering what the fairy in the background  is holding - looks like a plastic bag of peanuts?

Yes, she’s a tooth fairy, created by one of his patients.  She’s holding a bag of teeth, but they’re just broken dentures, not actual teeth.
They were jolly uncomfortable during that really hot week, so he is pleased it’s cooler now.   They are only seeing emergencies, three or four patients a day.  
He sends this pic to patients who have a smart phone who are coming in, so they don’t ‘freak out’ when they come in.   

Some of the PPE had to come from a dental friend in Australia as he couldn’t get any here!  He used a company called ‘send my bag.com‘ that sends suitcases full of stuff all over the world really reasonably and fast, thank goodness.  

1 hour ago, finleysmaid said:

also slightly concerned they are going to be run over by a train!!

He’s a rail enthusiast.  He and my husband also volunteer on the North Yorkshire Moors Railway, although Mr Dentist has his fingers insured, so sticks to the less ‘dangerous’ repairs in the carriage and wagon repairs workshop!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cait said:

He’s a rail enthusiast.  He and my husband also volunteer on the North Yorkshire Moors Railway, although Mr Dentist has his fingers insured, so sticks to the less ‘dangerous’ repairs in the carriage and wagon repairs workshop!

How fab my husband and i were on that last year...went from pickering to goatland and back . Super!!!

Ah. We love the walk from Goathland to Grosmont, so we get the train to Goathland, do the walk then get the train back.  Our white doglet usually needs a good bath after that!  😂

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)

Â