Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Re-opening was the right thing to do

Like many of, I have struggled over the last few weeks with so many decisions to make, so many questions from staff and parents, so many people to offer support to and so much worry about the responsibility and the sustainability. Some nights I couldn't sleep and some days I almost thought it would be easier to just decide not to open again. The planning and organising has been immense, especially doing it all from home as I am shielded. But I have a brilliant management team who have worked hard throughout and we finally opened last Thursday and  I just wanted to say that when I received photos from my staff today of the children playing outside along with the comments from parents on Tapestry that it was absolutely the right thing to do - the look on those children's faces seeing them running, climbing, playing on bikes and just laughing filled my heart with joy and brought a lump to my throat. We are opening our second setting this Thursday and the third one on Monday. I have no idea what the future will hold and if we will survive but today I feel very happy and grateful. 

• Like 7

I was the same, my head was spinning with all the guidance which seemed to change by the minute.  We only have 7 out of 28 return but those 7 are having  a great time and parents have said their behaviour at home has improved. Just seeing them run in without a backward glance to their parents is reward enough.  I certainly think i over thought stuff.

• Like 2

I was so worried what benefit the three children returning would get from it but they have really surprised me. They are not phased by a pretty bare room and a strict quota of resources at all and seem so happy to be back, running in without a backward glance and not even questioning why they don’t have access to all their favourite toys!

• Like 2

That's so lovely to hear- I must admit I dont think I have ever been so worried and stressed over this whole thing- and I'm not a person that gets stressed easily. But the planning and organising of everything! Not to mention the awkwardness of some staff who seemed to think that furlough was an ongoing thing!! We only had 14 out of 38 children return- but they've been a delight and after nearly 3 months off- it is a good way to break us in gently before the Autumn term. 

When I sincerely hope bubbles are abolished- I dislike that word intensely. 😃😃

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lynned55 said:

That's so lovely to hear- I must admit I dont think I have ever been so worried and stressed over this whole thing- and I'm not a person that gets stressed easily. But the planning and organising of everything! Not to mention the awkwardness of some staff who seemed to think that furlough was an ongoing thing!! We only had 14 out of 38 children return- but they've been a delight and after nearly 3 months off- it is a good way to break us in gently before the Autumn term. 

When I sincerely hope bubbles are abolished- I dislike that word intensely. 😃😃

Let's hope that the bubbles are well and truly burst by September 😃

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)