Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

what to put out and what to stay in the cupboard?

blondie

Well just wondered what everyone will be putting out for the children to play with indoors and outdoors?  

sand is a no no

what else won't you be using - 

water?

mud kitchen?

what will you be using - 

plastic bricks?

Anything that can be washed-

Small World: Animals, Dinosaurs, large trucks, ittle tykes dolls house, duplo train set

Construction: Duplo (we have loads!) Stickle bricks, rainbow rings, popoids,  mega blocks, 

Home corner : Can have a lot of this out- mainly plastic- which we were gradually trying to replace but hadnt got around to it yet!

Playdough (have bought individual pots- will name them and when dough is finished make it with them and they will all have individual portions) 

Water - in individual bowls

Sand- not sure about this- could have individual but dont think we would have enough to have one each

Messy Play - Will do finger painting, cornflour, jelly play but in individual trays/bowls and then throw

Each child will have their own plastic wallet with pencils, colouring pens, glue stick etc- each 'bubble' will have their own collage stuff

Books- we will have 3 groups and have enough books so that we can have 3 separate boxes of them each day, Group 1 will put box 1 away at end of session on a Monday by following Monday any traces of virus will have gone- so can pass to another group. Does that make sense?

Puzzles can do same with these but will onLy be able to have 2/3 puzzles in each group

No carpets, soft toys, cushions etc. We are also saying no uniform and clean clothes each morning (but in a much politer way!) Which also made me think I'm going to ask them to leave a jacket/lightweight coat in setting. 

HTH

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, lynned55 said:

No carpets, soft toys, cushions etc. We are also saying no uniform and clean clothes each morning (but in a much politer way!) Which also made me think I'm going to ask them to leave a jacket/lightweight coat in setting. 

I have managed to remove all cushions and soft stuff, but I never considered asking for clean clothes! that will help with the snail trail tops and crusty cuffs lol x  thank you for sharing x

personally our home corner is one of the things we are most concerned about as we have a group of children who constanty 'eat' the toys. We have cut out food pictures to cook in the pans! no cutlery, no cups!! but thats our group. i've haven't removed carpets..can't see that if you had fitted carpets you would be able to do this.xD

• Like 1

Listening to the Matt Butler YouTube webinar ...the carpets, rugs, materials were the least of our problems as it can only live on those textures for 6hrs so by the time you get back the next morning it’s gone, it’s the hard surfaces like glass, stainless steel, plastic, laminates that it won’t be gone by the next day and even books, rotation seems the best way to go and obviously don’t lick windows 😝 the question on taking work home to mark paper/books was leave 12 hrs (24hrs even better) after the child handled it before you taking home...which surprised me as the government tell us daily our letters and packages aren’t a problem 🤔 

I watched Matt Butlers youtube videos as well- and thought they were really good. However two things struck me

1) How come restaurants and anywhere really that deals with 'public' food has stainless steel kitchens- if virus can live on them for so long- I'm assuming it's more than covid-19

2) We will surely be at more risk from our letters coming through the post and being handled by goodness knows who/what- than the dozen or so hands that maybe touching our books? 

Really odd.

finleysmaid- good idea on the food pictures. We still have children that 'mouth' things so may use that instead. 

• Like 1

On 23/05/2020 at 11:34, lynned55 said:

I watched Matt Butlers youtube videos as well- and thought they were really good. However two things struck me

1) How come restaurants and anywhere really that deals with 'public' food has stainless steel kitchens- if virus can live on them for so long- I'm assuming it's more than covid-19

2) We will surely be at more risk from our letters coming through the post and being handled by goodness knows who/what- than the dozen or so hands that maybe touching our books? 

Really odd.

finleysmaid- good idea on the food pictures. We still have children that 'mouth' things so may use that instead. 

It was the letters/paper thing that struck me as totally at odds to what we are told by government about our post.

We’ve now stripped everything back to what we think is easily cleanable and it didn’t leave a lot (after the plastic fantastic revolution) but it looks very tidy, it will be interesting to see if chn miss anything (other than dressing up rack) ask for things not out or just accept it isn’t there.