Jump to content
Home
Forum
Join Us
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Covid 19 policy


 Share

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone

I am starting to carve out a policy and procedure for reopening. Just wondering how you are getting on with your policies? My mind has turned to jelly through overthinking and little sleep lol. Wondering if any has a policy for their setting they might be willing to share. Thank you 🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi, I don’t have a policy as such, more an action plan/risk assessment type thing of what will need to be considered and managed, still need to finalize when the specific EY guidance arrives, I’m then preparing a parent and a staff type declaration form but  I must admit it makes me a little anxious when I read people are updating policies and contracts and think I’ve missed something (the illness policy is the only one I’m really planning on tweaking to include covid-19 -symptoms/isolation) if I have can someone let me know 🙈

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Try not too, I do think you read what others are doing and think you should be doing the same, It just adds to the pressure, I can see you need a plan of how things might need to change and how you’ll manage your re-opening, I only have enough for one group to start with so will have a couple of weeks to plan what would need doing differently when enough to create that 2nd ‘bubble’, so I don’t feel to stressed to have all the answers straight off.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Mouseketeer said:

Hi, I don’t have a policy as such, more an action plan/risk assessment type thing of what will need to be considered and managed, still need to finalize when the specific EY guidance arrives, I’m then preparing a parent and a staff type declaration form but  I must admit it makes me a little anxious when I read people are updating policies and contracts and think I’ve missed something (the illness policy is the only one I’m really planning on tweaking to include covid-19 -symptoms/isolation) if I have can someone let me know 🙈

I haven't updated anything yet...I started to and then thought that if the guidance (if it ever comes) might well throw a spanner in the works and send me back to the drawing board so I'm waiting.....poised.....like a coiled spring!

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, currycraver said:

Mouseketeer I feel quite overwhelmed atm. X

Its a bit like "competitive home schooling" at the moment...look away dont compare yourself and just do your best and as I said above really until we know for sure what they expect of us you might just be wasting time on things you dont need to worry about......

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, enuffsenuf said:

I haven't updated anything yet...I started to and then thought that if the guidance (if it ever comes) might well throw a spanner in the works and send me back to the drawing board so I'm waiting.....poised.....like a coiled spring!

I reckon you’ve probably overwound by now 😝

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am literally just going to put this in the beginning of my policy folder. None of my committee have considered any of the additional paperwork and risk assessments and yet they are the ones forcing me to open and yet could be the ones that are liable. 😡I am currently doing a written risk assessment and will then put a letter out to parents (all 2 of them) asking them to read the risk assessments and sign to say that they understand the risks although minimal will still remain and that pre-school will be a different experience from what is normal. I will also get them to sign that they will not bring their children if anyone in the household has symptoms.

This is the PSLA summary of policy amendments.

Covid 19 updates.docx

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Mouseketeer said:

I reckon you’ve probably overwound by now 😝

haha yes but then in all honesty since I became a manager I seem to be "over wound" quite a lot of the time!xD

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, enuffsenuf said:

haha yes but then in all honesty since I became a manager I seem to be "over wound" quite a lot of the time!xD

I’d give up waiting if I were you, I’m not sure it’s even coming, I saw a post that someone’s county had asked DfE where it was and the reply was there ‘may’ be further guidance 🤷‍♀️

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Mouseketeer said:

I’d give up waiting if I were you, I’m not sure it’s even coming, I saw a post that someone’s county had asked DfE where it was and the reply was there ‘may’ be further guidance 🤷‍♀️

:o Well that's helpful :ph34r:

Oh I don't mean you Mousie - I mean that reply from DfE

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, enuffsenuf said:

haha yes but then in all honesty since I became a manager I seem to be "over wound" quite a lot of the time!xD

Especially at this time! Trying to do right by families children and staff .... I decided to hideaway and make a cake instead! 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)