Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Games Room - Pub Quiz Hand Outs - all welcome

Mouseketeer

2 minutes ago, Froglet said:

Yay! 😁😁😁 such an unexpected opening for that book. Does anyone get my cryptic Saint Saens reference?

Oh my goodness - I don't actually know this book at all xD it was fm's 'hint' that made me think of it!

So, Wilbur reminds me of Babe in Dick King-Smith’s book ‘The Sheep-pig’. The main theme in the film of that book (Babe) (usually sung by mice) is based on Saint Saens organ symphony. I had no idea until I went to see my sister’s university orchestra in a concert  and they played it. My brother recognised it and started singing the words in a mouse voice making me giggle. Cue parental exasperation - I was about 24. I have never forgotten it! Have a look at FM’s video to see what I’m on about!

13 minutes ago, finleysmaid said:

feel i may have exposed my teaching style here ...froglet calmly explaining and me going Oh come on!!!!:DxD

I’m just used to no one ever getting the references I make and always having to explain myself. I’m still in shock that someone got Day of the Triffids. No one else apart from my mum and dad reads science fiction!

Just now, Froglet said:

I’m just used to no one ever getting the references I make and always having to explain myself. I’m still in shock that someone got Day of the Triffids. No one else apart from my mum and dad reads science fiction!

i have a brother who was into day of the triffids, little shop of horrors, and  the rock horror picture show!!!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Froglet said:

I've only every read that, and the Midwitch Cuckoo's .... I do have War of the Worlds on Vinyl though (somewhere) 

That's my full science fiction repertoire.

• Like 1

OK how about some anagrams (and i'll try not to misspell them!?!?)

1 chillifebraum

2 egas

3 shiewrist (2)

4 nunubel (2)

5 bluecrapmelp (2)

6 aaaaaattmlsr

7 pagnachem

8 lerros

9 mancionn

10. nessuing

11 batterupbridgeandundd (4)

12 strimaui