Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Games Room - Pub Quiz Hand Outs - all welcome

Mouseketeer

1 hour ago, Cait said:

Ooh I hope they're okay in next week's cold snap!  Keeping mine in the warm a bit longer yet - mind you, I'm in North Yorkshire so ........

Oh I know - I stopped the planting out as soon as I saw the forecast!

A bit worried about our runner beans - but if needs be we can cover with fleece

As ever, we are battling with wildlife here - our strawberries (in polytunnel) ripening nicely - then lots of holes were appearing - turned out to be blackbirds letting themselves in and enjoying a fruity feast!:oxD have had to give my lupins a 'soapy spray' as they were covered in some sort of aphids....

Anyway - apologies - this is a games thread - right where were we - what are we still looking for young froglet?

I was just thinking we needed an update.  These are the ones we're still missing.

3. This place is ten miles long and five miles wide, off the coast of Mexico.  It has a natural harbour with cliffs in the south west and sandy beaches in the north.  Male author whose name always makes me think of trains.  Throw in a pirate or two!

4. A place in a deep, sheltered valley, it was founded by a Lord and was a safe place for a group of 'people', some tall, some small, some with hairy toes and some with pointy ears.

6. A small village named after an important boundary.  On the other side of the boundary is the land of Faerie where there are 7 princes and the main character searches for a fallen star.

8. This place is in the barren regions of icy-cold Finland.  At its heart is a frozen lake broken into a thousand pieces.  A little girl goes to rescue her friend from this place.  A modern film based on this story has a song that everyone just would not let go.

9. A very haunted place, filled with mystery and spirits.  Excellent horse rider especially given that he can't see.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cait said:

Is 4 one of the Pratchett Discworld places?  I'm thinking Lord Vetinari? 

No, although I should have thought of a Discworld place.  This is in Middle Earth (or at least in Lord of the Rings, just in case there are any LOTR fans out there who know the geography far better than me!)

3 minutes ago, Cait said:

Is number 3 Port Royal, Pirates of the Caribbean? 

No but it’s a very piratey place!

2 minutes ago, Cait said:

Number 8. Arandelle?  Can't get that song out of my head now!  

No, think to the original, who was the main character?

2 minutes ago, Froglet said:

No but it’s a very piratey place!

No, think to the original, who was the main character?

Ugh. Thought I was doing well with those two! 

1 minute ago, Froglet said:

I was going for Rivendell and Lord Elrond

Ah.  Oh well, gotta love a trier! 😂😂

Edited by Cait

1 hour ago, Froglet said:

I was just thinking we needed an update.  These are the ones we're still missing

2 minutes ago, Cait said:

I'm thinking the film Stardust and Wall?   Was it that?  Wall was more of a town than a village so probably wrong again 😂😂

works for me!

9. A very haunted place, filled with mystery and spirits.  Excellent horse rider especially given that he can't see.

Hmmm.    I'm thinking that film was it Ichabod Crane or something with the rider with his head under his arm - or have I dreamed that? 😳😳😳

16 minutes ago, Cait said:Hmmm.    I'm thinking that film was it Ichabod Crane or something with the rider with his head under his arm - or have I dreamed that? 😳😳😳

No you’re right - what was the place called?

12 minutes ago, Froglet said:

OK.  These are the ingredients, what am I making...

chocolate

digestive biscuits

cherries

raisins

butter

golden syrup

cocoa powder

I don't know but I want some - sounds delicious! 

• Haha 1