Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

WORLD BOOK DAY TOKENS

Panders

• 3 months later...

Just to say that my World Book Tokens arrived today.   I did inform them I wouldn't be needing them,  but it would seem they don't really take much notice - either way!!   Anyway, should anyone need some because they have forgotten to apply for this years etc., just say and |I will post mine on to you

Well so was mine Loubyloo.   I did have to re-register a couple of years ago, and I think its wise to register each year or at least check, that being said, I definitely didn't re-register last year as I knew we wouldn't need them, so that just shows it's a bit hit and miss with them:D  I have a pad, so about 25 - 30 I would say.  Plus what looks like lots of lovely posters advertising books.

5 hours ago, Panders said:

Well so was mine Loubyloo.   I did have to re-register a couple of years ago, and I think its wise to register each year or at least check, that being said, I definitely didn't re-register last year as I knew we wouldn't need them, so that just shows it's a bit hit and miss with them:D  I have a pad, so about 25 - 30 I would say.  Plus what looks like lots of lovely posters advertising books.

I'm going to try registering now ... else I might be on the scrounge

18 hours ago, Panders said:

Think you will be on the scrounge Louby loo.  Registration is usually October time then they close it!  Will gladly send you some and Finleysmaid too.  pm me an address.  I have 30 tokens in all

Any chance I can have them pretty please ?  turns out registration has closed :o xx

Happy to pay (or donate postage to your chosen charity) 

31 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

Dear louby - I have loads going spare - just shout if you want them :)

Have you got about 8 spare please?  (I'm hoping pandas has still got her 30 and will let me have them )

Same for you I'll pay the postage or donate to a charity.  xx

1 hour ago, louby loo said:

Have you got about 8 spare please?  (I'm hoping pandas has still got her 30 and will let me have them )

Same for you I'll pay the postage or donate to a charity.  xx

Of course pm address and I will gladly send them to you

• Like 1

On 01/02/2019 at 15:35, sunnyday said:

Dear louby posted 12 tokens to you at lunchtime so hopefully they will be with you by Monday :)

:):)

On 01/02/2019 at 15:38, Panders said:

mine should have gone off too Louby loo, although have asked eldest son to post - so please forgive if late!

:):)

thank-you both :)  tokens arrived safely in this morning post xxx

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

How did World Book Day go?    Lots of dressing up?   Lots of stories today and this week or poems etc.

Bit sorry to read in paper this morning that parents are spending more on outfits than books!     Preferred it perhaps in simpler times when parents had to put an outfit together rather than supermarkets etc. making money out of this.

21 minutes ago, Panders said:

How did World Book Day go?    Lots of dressing up?   Lots of stories today and this week or poems etc.

Bit sorry to read in paper this morning that parents are spending more on outfits than books!     Preferred it perhaps in simpler times when parents had to put an outfit together rather than supermarkets etc. making money out of this.

I would agree ...although we have had a good day and have had an interesting collection of outfits made and bought...we set a theme of animals which has reduced the quantity of princess and superheroes !!

Had to laugh at myself though as at one point I was fitting a new loo seat wearing a tiger costume and thought to myself....only at pre-school !!:D

Launched a bookathon fundraiser too ..hoping to get some extra pennies for the garden resources.

• Like 1

On 07/03/2019 at 16:56, finleysmaid said:

I would agree ...although we have had a good day and have had an interesting collection of outfits made and bought...we set a theme of animals which has reduced the quantity of princess and superheroes !!

Arhhh..... that's where we went wrong then xD No theme equals many princesses (all brand-new shop bought:()   and many super heroes (again shop bought)

And on the subject of toilets- I have just had an apology from the Rainbow leader about the state the toilets were lest in these week... with the reason being     'they are only 5 & 6 years old'.  I really couldn't be bothered pointing out ours are only 2-4 and already know better than to trash the toilets (ok some of the more adventurous might like to try...... xDxD