Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

EY3

zigzag

I haven't been on in a while....all nice and quiet at the moment.

However, I now have another update to the EY3/EY2 Ofsted saga!

So, if I recap. Four new committee members joined in November. All did their DBS/EY2s within a month or so.

By January, their details were still not showing on Ofsted Online so I emailed then to confirm. They came back saying all okay. I again chased in February....being processed.

Eventually Members 1/2 showed online but no suitably letter.

Members 3/4 got a email in March saying they needed to use our RP number. Despite the other two members not needing it. Both resubmitted form with RP number mid March.

Last week, mid April I finally got the suitability letter for Members 1/2. Some 6 months later.

Today I was furious to have a email from Ofsted saying we were in breach of the welfare requirements as two members of our committee had not completed the EY2and I could get a £5000 fine. 

I called Ofsted immediately recapping all my emails to them. She checked the forms re-submitted in March and stated they were still being processed so not showing. She didn't know how long it would take. She also didn't know about the change in requesting an RP number instead of EY reference.

I explained how shocked and anxious I was to get this ema and she said to simply disregard it as it's computer generated so they wouldn't act on it.

How am I supposed to know that? Honestly never been so worried and furious at the same time. I'm just a parent trying to help a lovely pre school survive. We've never had issues with companies house or charity commission. Ofsted really need to sort this out! 

Rant over!

Can I ask, how do people complete the EY2 form. We have tried using the PDF filler online but it doesn't appear to align properly. I thought it was me but 2 other people have tried and are struggling? I have now completed one with a parent by logging into our online gateway which seems to have worked but it's been a kerfuffle. 

Our committee register for a  government gateway account which gives them uniqurw reference number and then they use Ofsted online to complete the form. I wasn't aware there was a PDF or other version .

Honestly this whole committee thing is an absolute joke- 25 yeas I have been doing this and never have I had the problems that I've had over the last couple of years.

None of my committee even enter the preschool, they are all working parents. Chasing them up to do things correctly can be such a time waster. Ofsted make it so hard for them as well. 

I would say do as you are and carry on keeping an email trail. Historically Ofsted (although they will deny it!) have a bad habit of moving the goal posts and not telling us

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, lynned55 said:

Honestly this whole committee thing is an absolute joke- 25 yeas I have been doing this and never have I had the problems that I've had over the last couple of years.

Isn’t it ever, I’m still outstanding one from last October..I asked if she’d heard anything from Ofsted today and she said she’d had an email saying they were still waiting for her health declaration .....WHATTTTT 😭 

On 25/04/2019 at 20:45, Mouseketeer said:

Isn’t it ever, I’m still outstanding one from last October..I asked if she’d heard anything from Ofsted today and she said she’d had an email saying they were still waiting for her health declaration .....WHATTTTT 😭 

OMG seriously!

Fellow parents will not want to have to do all this just to help at a couple of fairs!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, C1403 said:

OMG seriously!

Lol oh Yes, she did an application which it turned out (weeks and weeks later) she’d clicked the wrong box saying she was working going to be working with the children, I phoned as NP and Ofsteds advice was to submit a new application, I sat with her to do this one so that it was done correctly, we logged in to her gateway account to find out what was happening to her application both were showing and yep they’d gone ahead with processing the first one 😢 

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, GingaNinja said:

Anyone else still awaiting suitability clearance on a committee member from last year?

With only a few weeks until our academic year finishes I'm taking bets if they will be approved before they leave *sigh*

Yes the same parent as above...and now they are moving so will need to contact Ofsted and tell them not to bother not bothering to process it and take off of the charities site (another nonsense since they changed the website) and in 3 months the fiasco will start all over again >:(

• 4 weeks later...
On 23/06/2019 at 16:26, GingaNinja said:

Anyone else still awaiting suitability clearance on a committee member from last year?

With only a few weeks until our academic year finishes I'm taking bets if they will be approved before they leave *sigh*

Yes but i know it's not going to come through because their DBS ran out (been going on since November) so they now have to do DBS again! Bloody nightmare.One member has decided not to bother and resign.

Ofsted have advised us to do EY2 and then DBS.

On 18/07/2019 at 22:09, zigzag said:

It’s a joke.  I do not understand why something cannot be done about this ridiculous situation. I am dreading starting all this again in October😭😭

I am going to do them with them this year (providing we get any new members with this nonsense) making sure they have all the details before coming in, the theory being nothing can go wrong....yeah right!

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)