Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

EY3

zigzag

Thank you to everyone for their help and advice, it is just such a massively stressful process for us and the new committee members to go through.

We are a charity and like Mousekeeper I only update the charity commission website.  Although this feels wrong to add names of people who Ofsted haven't actually approved yet!!!

There MUST be an easier way I'm sure.  To me it genuinely feels like Ofsted are setting us up to fail from the outset....:(

• Like 2

15 hours ago, zigzag said:

Sorry if this sounds daft, but please tell me companies house is just if you are a cic and not a charity.  I have to submit changes to the charity Commission.  Just praying I haven’t missed something vital!

We are a Limited Company (by guarantee) and registered charity. So responsible to both Companies House and Charity Commission.

Before I took over only the chair was the only director but I was advised all Committee members are directors and trustees.

I make sure companies house, Chairty commission and Ofsted all have the same names...it's always Ofsted that's wrong/not updated!

• Like 1

On 11/19/2018 at 16:28, zigzag said:

But don’t you need to put the disclosure number on the EY2?

I've had a response from Dee:

Dear Rebecca

Apologies for the delay. I can confirm that an EY2 can be submitted to the Ofsted online application system without a DBS number on it.

Best wishes

Dee Coleman

Principal Officer, Early Years

Education Policy Team

Ofsted

Hopefully that clarifies everything :D

• Confused 1

On 19/11/2018 at 18:30, C1403 said:

Ofsted refused our committees EY2 applications because they were not listed on Companies House (this was two years ago)

We also had this with charity commissions, told they wouldn’t process ey2 because not showing on it already....where is the point in adding them before Ofsted have declared them suitable? (Ps I really don’t like the new charity commissions site for updating!) 

On 20/11/2018 at 10:00, zigzag said:

Do you think they even know the process?  Why oh why can it not be made simpler!

Apparently it is being changed...or so I was told yesterday when I had to phone them for the 3rd time regarding new committee following letters to keep telling me the names I submitted via email haven’t submitted EY2’s, the last letter had all the first names with the wrong surnames so no wonder they couldn’t find them on their system, only one had to go back in and correct something ...though how they were supposed to know that if Ofsted didn’t tell them I have no idea and neither did the person I spoke to :-( 

8 hours ago, Rebecca said:

I've had a response from Dee:

Dear Rebecca

Apologies for the delay. I can confirm that an EY2 can be submitted to the Ofsted online application system without a DBS number on it.

Best wishes

Dee Coleman

Principal Officer, Early Years

Education Policy Team

Ofsted

Hopefully that clarifies everything :D

Umm, well I will get on it then and see!

• 1 month later...

Hello All

Happy New Year to you all.

Bringing up the frustrating EY2/EY3.

Our new committee members now have their DBS certificates and started the EY2 registration at the same time (as you can now do both at once) however I've not heard anything from Ofsted in regards to their suitability....do the new Committee members need to amend their EY2 again now they have the DBS?

Thanks. When I did mine you had to have the DBS first so I'm slightly confused.

Thanks. I will ask them to go back and update their EY2s.

Made more sense when you had to get DBS first then complete the EY2. 

I've already sent the EY3 to Ofsted all they said was the new members need to complete EY2. This was late November and not heard anything since!

• 1 month later...

Hello again!

(small playgroup, 2 staff, charity, committee run - well, in an ideal world!....)

I simply cannot believe I am adding to this thread again.  Our committee completed their EY2 and Dbs in November 2018 (I've seen proof)  I've been continually getting letters from getting letters from Ofsted saying that they have processed my EY3 (also sent in November) and that the committee need to do DBS/EY2. 

Cut a VERY long story short, I emailed Ofsted several times (prefer to email than ring for proof purposes) and did not get any replies!  Emailed them again last week (in my "supposed" week off....) saying that I am now really worried and please, please can you actually reply to my email.  Finally got a response today from them to say that whilst the members are "associated" with the playgroup they now must send in their original DBS certificates before they can be approved!!

Is this new?  We have never had this request before.  I simply cannot believe that we only have just over 17 playgroup weeks before the Summer and we still haven't been able to hold a flipping committee meeting!  This is absolutely ridiculous and extremely stressful for both myself and the committee who are trying their best to help out.  I am having sleepless nights worrying about being found "requires improvement" if inspected due to no committee.  I honestly do not get paid enough for this stress.

Sorry to rant, I'm just wondering what on Earth is going on and why it is all taking so long.  I have email Ofsted to ask about this new process, but not holding out much hope of a quick reply.

EDITED TO ADD: I've just heard back from my secretary:

I’ve just come off the phone to them and they didn’t ask for me to post them but I’ll do it today. The lady I spoke to said the social services check had come back and everything was ok, and she was passing my DBS number across. She also recommended phoning back on Friday if I hadn’t received another email confirming they’d received it. 

AAARRRGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!

Edited by GingaNinja
  • Confused 1

Rant away! Iv’e had 2 members that joined last Oct say ‘forget it’ this week....apparently their EY2’s weren’t signed off as they hadn’t sent in their dbs cert numbers, both said they had no idea that they had to send in their dbs numbers, I have no idea if they are made aware of that or not when they haven’t done the dbs before the ey2, Ofsted were ok with me just giving them their dbs cert numbers but then because past 3 months old (and not added to update service) they would of had to start them again O.o 3 other members were processed ok and they hadn’t done dbs before EY2 either and weren’t held up waiting for dbs number...I presumed as they were done through Capita ofsted could track the dbs themselves, then one other persons was held up because they had put the setting URN instead of the committee ref.....but so did the others because I told them too...when did that change? The sheer inconsistencies of the whole process are ridiculous and now I have to remove them and take them off the charity details because we have to stupidly add them before deemed suitable and for the record I don’t like the charity commissions updated website either !

• Like 1

I still haven't heard from Ofsted either about our new members going back to November 2018. But we have still been having meetings...although the old members are 'enough' to form a majority. 

I've noticed two of the new members are on our registration but the other two are not. They also have the old members from last year still on there.

I've got all our DBS numbers and I have kept copies of every email I've sent Ofsted.

This is so silly and long winded. I've had to apologise so many times to our new members for me chasing them for things that they have done.

Dreading our next AGM as I'm standing down and someone else will need to take this over.

So sorry to hear that you both are still having problems too, but a bit relieved that it is not just me.

I really feel that there should be step by step guidance for committee run settings on the change over process, because to be quite honest, it feels like they make it up as they go along and depending on who you speak to on the day.......

Thank you for your support xx

19 hours ago, Mouseketeer said:

I asked why I could see them all on my members list online if they hadn’t completed the EY2 checks yet, the answer was ‘you have told us they are associated with your registration’ ....something e,see that makes no sense

I have the opposite in that I cannot see them online! 

However, Ofsted have now emailed me saying that they do hold the information I have provided but there are delays updating the system....I'll be saving that email for sure!

4 hours ago, C1403 said:

I have the opposite in that I cannot see them online! 

However, Ofsted have now emailed me saying that they do hold the information I have provided but there are delays updating the system....I'll be saving that email for sure!

I really think it’s in the lap of the Gods as to who’s desk it lands on.

• Like 1

I'm back again.

Wonder if ant of you can help...

One of our new committee members has had their EY2 returned as they say she needs to 'In section A, tick the box that says you reference number begins with RP as per your registration certificate.

On our guidance sheet that has been passed through committees we do not have a RP reference but a EY reference.

Shall I just get her to re submit the same form she has already sent?

I've checked our registration certificate and it is definitely a EY reference. I do not have an RP reference anywhere. Our  other members have not had this message 

Any thoughts?

The RP number is your Registered Provider number - there are now separate numbers for the setting and the committee.    The setting number is the EY number and committee is RP.   We only found this out after problems with our EY2 forms.  If you have had any suitability confirmation letters back from Ofsted after the last couple of years the RP number should be quoted on that.  Why are these changes never communicated to us!!!!!

Edited by barcombeplaygroup

49 minutes ago, barcombeplaygroup said:

The RP number is your Registered Provider number - there are now separate numbers for the setting and the committee.    The setting number is the EY number and committee is RP.   We only found this out after problems with our EY2 forms.  If you have had any suitability confirmation letters back from Ofsted after the last couple of years the RP number should be quoted on that.  Why are these changes never communicated to us!!!!!

Thanks.

I have noticed when I log onto Ofsted online there is an RP number but we have never used that in our EY2s before.

Our of four new members she is the only one to have had this email back. It's so frustrating as she is a mum to two toddlers and doesn't have time for all this (none of us do).

Think I'll email Ofsted on Monday for clarification.

Thanks

Hi, if you scroll back to my post 26th Feb, We also had problems with this RP reference instead of setting URN but only for 1 of 5 new members, and it is actually on the top of our reg cert (from 2011 lol)  but if they don’t tell us how are we supposed to know that’s now the number they expect? I’ve also just asked (no response yet) what is wanted in a box that says ‘registered person’, that implies they want one name rather than the registered body name....but whose? it doesn’t ask for nominated person :-/ 

1 hour ago, barcombeplaygroup said:

Fascinating!! never had an issue with this! but there's always a first time!! thanks for the heads-up!

• Like 1

Argh what a headache. We try to give step by step guidance be for new members but it's difficult when it all changes. 

Thanks for your help. I'll see if I can find the RP number and try that way.

• Like 2

Received a letter yesterday to finally say that the EY2 had gone through and a parent has finally been deemed acceptable by Ofsted!  This has been ongoing since October!  Still waiting for one more clearance who went through the process at the same time.  It’s a flaming joke.  Ofsted need to get this whole system sorted somehow. 

• Like 2

On 10/03/2019 at 21:13, zigzag said:

Received a letter yesterday to finally say that the EY2 had gone through and a parent has finally been deemed acceptable by Ofsted!  This has been ongoing since October!  Still waiting for one more clearance who went through the process at the same time.  It’s a flaming joke.  Ofsted need to get this whole system sorted somehow. 

We can't be far behind then...our EY2s were sent in November!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 08/03/2019 at 20:51, Mouseketeer said:

None of us clearly FM........ I know we wear many hats but I don’’t remember seeing mindreader on my job description, how about the rest of you?

Nope - mind you we are  VERY new to this, only been open 35 years and working here 17 years, hoping this will become clearer when I get some experience of the job.....:D

Edited by GingaNinja
  • Haha 1

On 10/03/2019 at 21:13, zigzag said:

There's hope for us yet then!

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)