Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

EY3

zigzag

Hi zigzag,

I'm not entirely sure O.o... but I thought you had to send the EY3 within 2 weeks to notify Ofsted of changes to people (including Committee changes). 

We have our AGM coming up so it would be great if anyone knew the definitive answer!!

1 hour ago, Hamantha said:

Hi zigzag,

I'm not entirely sure O.o... but I thought you had to send the EY3 within 2 weeks to notify Ofsted of changes to people (including Committee changes). 

We have our AGM coming up so it would be great if anyone knew the definitive answer!!

I always thought you couldn’t notify Ofsted until the other procedures were done!!  Really wish Ofsted would simplify the whole process. Glad I only have two new members joining this year!  

Come on wise ones, what’s the correct procedure? 😉

Hi All 

First post!!

I have asked Ofsted this very question and received a very unsatisfactory answer. so I will carry on as I have always done.

I have always notified Ofsted via EY3 immediately after AGM to notify changes, then it is up to committee member to do EY2. DO NOT wait to notify them as you may get inadequate at next inspection. Occasionally someone agrees to go on committee and then changes their mind, in that case I just email Ofsted and explain. Keep ALL correspondence until next inspection. 

I used to receive a letter confirming suitability but currently have not received it for latest committee member - are they still sending them out? The committee listed have correct names when checked through gateway!  

Hope that helps!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, S4VDY said:

Hi All 

First post!!

I have asked Ofsted this very question and received a very unsatisfactory answer. so I will carry on as I have always done.

I have always notified Ofsted via EY3 immediately after AGM to notify changes, then it is up to committee member to do EY2. DO NOT wait to notify them as you may get inadequate at next inspection. Occasionally someone agrees to go on committee and then changes their mind, in that case I just email Ofsted and explain. Keep ALL correspondence until next inspection. 

I used to receive a letter confirming suitability but currently have not received it for latest committee member - are they still sending them out? The committee listed have correct names when checked through gateway!  

Hope that helps!

Many thanks fir the answer.  Will EY3 straight away!  I really wish they would simplify the system🤯

On 18/10/2018 at 17:21, Mouseketeer said:

I just send an email after following the AGM ( before anything is completed) to say who to remove and who to add (with DOB) and ask them to confirm receipt of the email.

I did this last yearafter our AGM and Ofsted chased me after 2 weeks because the new members hadn't completed the DBS/EY2 process. Usually takes a month or so to get all new members signed up with all the relevant bodies so that was annoying.

Fortunately all was in place when we had our inspection in January

• Like 1

I give my new CM’s 7 days from AGM to bring in dbs ID check form and proof of ID and proof that they’ve done the EY2, it seems a much quicker process now both can be done at the same time, my new Chair appeared on my Ofsted ‘associates’ list in less than 2 wks, I don’t get why you can’t just remove old members from that list by the update link, if you put the date they resigned from the committee (usually AGM) it says you have to put a date in the future which seems daft :-/ 

• Like 1

It is so helpful to hear what other settings are doing. I have tried to update our list of Committee members on the Ofsted portal before and, like you Mouseketeer, could not do it as it wanted a date in the future!!

I think I will email a list of the changes and ask for confirmation. I recently had to advise change of nominated person and manager and I only managed this through lots of emails to Ofsted (they have still not changed the manager on the portal O.o). 

I agree with S4VDY  - keep everything as your evidence that you have done your best to keep them informed!!

• Like 1

They’ll still arrive for the next inspection with a list as long as your arm of past Committee members that you’ve removed over the few yrs between inspections. 

The whole self-service things makes no sense as nothing on it is self-service and we have to jump through hoops to change anything yet last year a new CM ticked the ‘registered individual’ instead of ‘trustee’ whilst doing the ey2 and they became the nominated person by an accidental click on the wrong thing no questions asked :-/ 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mouseketeer said:

They’ll still arrive for the next inspection with a list as long as your arm of past Committee members that you’ve removed over the few yrs between inspections. 

The whole self-service things makes no sense as nothing on it is self-service and we have to jump through hoops to change anything yet last year a new CM ticked the ‘registered individual’ instead of ‘trustee’ whilst doing the ey2 and they became the nominated person by an accidental click on the wrong thing no questions asked :-/ 

That happened to us as well!  I have emailed them and notified them of the changes and that DBS and EY2 are in process   Have also updated on the charity commission site and hope this is ok to do whilst still going through the above procedures.  I really think they could make this whole process simpler! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, zigzag said:

That happened to us as well!  I have emailed them and notified them of the changes and that DBS and EY2 are in process   Have also updated on the charity commission site and hope this is ok to do whilst still going through the above procedures.  I really think they could make this whole process simpler! 

I had Ofsted phone me as they were processing the ey2’s and found that the new members hadn’t been added to charity commissions ..which is something else that makes no sense as where is the point in adding them until Ofsted have deemed them suitable ...it’s a crazy set up

I am so concerned about having the correct people as I have heard horror stories about groups getting RI because the committee details are not correct.  I was unsure whether to keep the current members until the new ones get DBS and EY2 clearance or just put details of the new members.🤯🤯.   It would be good to get a definitive list from Ofsted as to exactly what they require!

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/10/2018 at 09:41, Rebecca said:

Morning all,

Sorry - I've been off for half term ... I'll drop Ofsted a line and see if we can get any clarification. 

Did you get a response to this at all please? Just had our AGM and want to make sure I'm doing it right.

Many thanks in advance.

Another reason why I wait a week before sending EY3. One of our new members now may not be able to join as they need to check with their work if they can be a director/trustee of a company.

Argh. Yet Ofsted think we can sort all this out in a matter of days. 

All our new members are now on Companies House and Chairty Commission. Now I will send the EY3 to Ofsted whilst they do their EY2/DBS. Wonder how many get rejected because of details not being up to date or the wrong box ticked. (On my side everything is up to date)

• Like 1

On 18/10/2018 at 08:46, zigzag said:

Just to confirm, I cannot send the EY3 until all the DBS and EY2 are complete? Is this correct?

This is the response back from Ofsted:

"I can confirm that providers must notify new committee members through the EY3 and EY2 forms. Under the terms of paragraph 3.78 of the ‘Statutory framework for the early years foundation stage’ such changes should be notified as soon as possible but in any event, no later than 14 days after the change has occurred. The EY2 and EY3 forms can be submitted before the DBS application has been made." Dee Coleman. Principal Officer, Early Years Education Policy Team. Ofsted (14.11.18)

So, waiting for the DBS doesn't need to hold up the EY2 and EY3 forms

Hope that helps :D

1 hour ago, zigzag said:

But don’t you need to put the disclosure number on the EY2?

Um I would have said that this is correct too. You can do half the EY2 but then it asks for your DBS number so you have to do that and then return to finalise ….and THEN go on to the other website to do your update too. (this often takes longer than the 14 days allowed. Only when these stages are complete can you add to the companies house list and EY3 otherwise OFSTED send you a threatening letter saying you are in breach of their guidelines!!!!

• Like 1

Rebecca, thank you so much for finding all this out for us.  I was 99% sure that the DBS was needed to complete the EY2 and now Finleysmaid has confirmed this.  It really is about time Ofsted streamlined this system and made it easier.  I see pure disbelief in parents eyes when they realise how many processes they have to go through and I find myself apologising to them!  It’s hard enough for small groups like us to get committee members in the first place! Of course I understand the need to have a DBS but I really do not understand why the EY2 is necessary.

47 minutes ago, finleysmaid said:

Um I would have said that this is correct too. You can do half the EY2 but then it asks for your DBS number so you have to do that and then return to finalise ….and THEN go on to the other website to do your update too. (this often takes longer than the 14 days allowed. Only when these stages are complete can you add to the companies house list and EY3 otherwise OFSTED send you a threatening letter saying you are in breach of their guidelines!!!!

It's so confusing.!

Ofsted refused our committees EY2 applications because they were not listed on Companies House (this was two years ago).

So I now always get new committee members to sign up on companies house first then do their DBs/ey2.  You can now do the ey2 at the same time as DBS but a few years ago you had to have the dbs first....

Then the blooming bank want all new 'directors' to submit a form too. It's basically a month of me chasing people that have only just joined. Always makes me worry they may just say it's not for them!

After the advice from above, I informed Ofsted of all new committee members and members leaving by email as soon as we had our AGM, I then changed the details on the Charity commission website.  The DBS is taking FOREVER this time, it never has done in the past.  So a few days ago I receive a chasing email from Ofsted reminding me about the EY2.  I responded by explaining the DBS was still in progress and couldn’t submit the EY2 without it.  I received an email this morning from Ofsted saying that they have put that on the record, so they did not deny that the EY2 cannot be completed without the DBS.  Do you think they even know the process?  Why oh why can it not be made simpler!

Edited by zigzag

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)