Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Physical and Nutrition Co-Ordinator

Hi

Has anyone who's done the training drawn up a policy. We are starting to prepare one, and would be grateful if anyone is willing to share theirs. Promise not to just copy and paste but would love some ideas of what others have included.

Many thanks.

Thanks for clearing that up smudge I was completely mystified ........... now, would you mind awfully keeping this in your area only please, I don't need anything else to have to think about right now :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Ooh, many moons ago, Cumbria Sure Start had this initiative and visited all settings in the areas they covered.  It was quite interesting, and sparked a huge revamp in what was considered a healthy lunchbox and snacks.  I can remember being a bit sceptical that they were promoting raisins as a good snacking staple, in an area well known for poor dental health.  But it did have lots of very good aspects, and we wrote a healthy eating policy on the back of it.  

We also began doing regular yoga with the children, which was generally very popular. Tatty Bumpkin it was called, and as far as I know, it still exists.  

Sorry, brief trip down memory lane and not really very helpful to the question in hand! 😁

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Cait said:

We also began doing regular yoga with the children, which was generally very popular. Tatty Bumpkin it was called, and as far as I know, it still exists.  

We used EYPP money to begin yoga in our setting. It was for a child who struggled socially to integrate into group activities. Doing yoga in a group helped her tremendously - she was able to do her 'own thing' alongside others who were all doing exactly the same thing as her. Gradually she became more able to do work in pairs. She is now thriving in school :D

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)