Jump to content
Home
Forum
Join Us
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

General GDPR thoughts and ideas


louby loo
 Share

Recommended Posts

Having just found Rebecca's wonderful input  numbers 1-7  on doing our GDPA,  I realised I missed a lot of information that is already on here.

Thought I'd start a thread where people can add any thoughts or ideas about what they are doing in preparation.

(have to admit it's taken me about an hour to work out how to start a new thread :D - so you can understand how Ive actually managed to miss whole junks of useful information)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good idea louby, so far I’ve thought about it B| and only got as far as adding a statement to all forms I ask parents to complete saying by signing and returning they are agreeing to us storing the information and using it for its intended purpose and I’ve gathered a couple of privacy notices to adapt to suit, it looks like a number of LEA’s are using the same couple of formats, one for staff and parents so I expect my county will to eventually.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Great idea louby

One of my staff members is also a childminder, she has been sent a sample policy for GDPR - aha I thought - expect PSLA might have similar under their Policies and Procedures downloads - took me an age to remember/work out how to 'get in' (what else would I be doing on a Sunday morning) anyway - nope nothing there.......

Similar to Mousie - I thought perhaps Kent would have updated their 'Privacy Notice' but again, that was a disappointing search....... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm now thinking about my registration forms- currently we use the PSLA one which is pages and pages long.  Do I actually need all this info?

Yes I need to know whether or not children have had their immunisations or not - but now thinking 'Red-booked checked'  with a small box for comments rather than a half page table!

My challenge for today is to get all required information on a single A4 (double-sided) and filter out things I don't need - for example 'how long have you lived in County/UK.  I don't do anything with this info- so why do I need it? O.o

(actually it's Sunday- I shall do that tomorrow xD)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mouseketeer said:

I've started using this :) However my computer skills appear to be so low- that I have the 'format markings' all over my personalised copy now 9_9  

If anyone can remind me how to turn the 'mark-ups' off I would be eternally grateful! :):)

I used the school workforce one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, louby loo said:

My challenge for today is to get all required information on a single A4 (double-sided) and filter out things I don't need 

Mine are both sides of an A4 now and was wondering if I could get to 1 side but probably a bit of an ask...my mission in life is to make everything fit on one side of an A4 sheet, I think it’s only the CP policy that isn’t.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Mouseketeer said:

Mine are both sides of an A4 now and was wondering if I could get to 1 side but probably a bit of an ask...my mission in life is to make everything fit on one side of an A4 sheet, I think it’s only the CP policy that isn’t.

I use the PSLA policy templates - most of those seem to be at least 3 sides of A4 ! - like you I'm more a  one sided type person! They drive me mad.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, sunnyday said:

Oooh you two are much further on than me with this - however I do have a very pretty pink folder full of 'stuff' that I have downloaded :ph34r:xD

Ooh Sunny, where did you buy your pretty pink folder? ??? (Mutters under breath - really must get this GDPR audit started and sorted out over Easter holidays) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, lsp said:

Ooh Sunny, where did you buy your pretty pink folder? ??? (Mutters under breath - really must get this GDPR audit started and sorted out over Easter holidays) 

What used to be Staples and is now Office Outlet - my folder is lovely - but i must get this sorted out sooner rather than later - I don't want it on my Easter TDL :ph34r: actually I don't plan on having an Easter TDL........yeah, yeah famous last words :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My 'Sustainability Officer' has pointed out that all 'permissions' must be separate i.e. don't lump photos, sun cream, outings etc. etc.  all together when seeking parental permission each item will require it's own signature......

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

My 'Sustainability Officer' has pointed out that all 'permissions' must be separate i.e. don't lump photos, sun cream, outings etc. etc.  all together when seeking parental permission each item will require it's own signature......

Ok, that's interesting - not hard to do I wouldn't imagine. I'm going to have a go at mine next week and over Easter - I'll post what I do in this GDPR area!

I've just posted GDPR #8 up on the site too 

I'm going to move this thread into the GDPR area as there are some good points being made! 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On ‎18‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 19:20, sunnyday said:

What used to be Staples and is now Office Outlet - my folder is lovely - but i must get this sorted out sooner rather than later - I don't want it on my Easter TDL :ph34r: actually I don't plan on having an Easter TDL........yeah, yeah famous last words :D

This is going to be a shock Sunnyday, first my Staples shutdown to be replaced by Office Outlet, now that has shut down too, bereft situation, in fact we are left with either a small Rymans or WH Smith

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Panders said:

This is going to be a shock Sunnyday, first my Staples shutdown to be replaced by Office Outlet, now that has shut down too, bereft situation, in fact we are left with either a small Rymans or WH Smith

:o oh no I just wouldn't be able to cope at all :ph34r:

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Rebecca said:

Ok, that's interesting - not hard to do I wouldn't imagine. I'm going to have a go at mine next week and over Easter - I'll post what I do in this GDPR area!

I've just posted GDPR #8 up on the site too 

I'm going to move this thread into the GDPR area as there are some good points being made! 

That would be great Rebecca - thank you - took me an age to find this thread - I was looking under Leadership and Management :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

My 'Sustainability Officer' has pointed out that all 'permissions' must be separate i.e. don't lump photos, sun cream, outings etc. etc.  all together when seeking parental permission each item will require it's own signature......

Yes, quite correct, Sunnyday - this came across good and strong at the training evening I went to.  Parental permission had to be specific.

Consent - must be clear, affirmative, informed, freely given and unambiguous.  You cannot bundle items together and no imbalance of power, i.e. if you don't consent......

one obvious minefield is photographs,   each type of photograph needs to be specific, ie.  May we use your child's photograph (no name) for promotional purposes, i.e. prospectus, website, twitter.

Do you consent to your child's photograph being published by the press or media

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Panders said:

Yes, quite correct, Sunnyday - this came across good and strong at the training evening I went to.  Parental permission had to be specific.

Consent - must be clear, affirmative, informed, freely given and unambiguous.  You cannot bundle items together and no imbalance of power, i.e. if you don't consent......

one obvious minefield is photographs,   each type of photograph needs to be specific, ie.  May we use your child's photograph (no name) for promotional purposes, i.e. prospectus, website, twitter.

Do you consent to your child's photograph being published by the press or media

Becoming more and more relieved that i don't have a website to worry about.......

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, sunnyday said:

My 'Sustainability Officer' has pointed out that all 'permissions' must be separate i.e. don't lump photos, sun cream, outings etc. etc.  all together when seeking parental permission each item will require it's own signature......

That’s a real shame I was just thinking what a good idea to put them altogether instead of separate, I have sun cream, local outings and sharing info with carers as 3 separate things/3 signatures on one sheet, but have photos, first aid and sharing information with other providers on our registration forms, all separate sections signed/dated separately will that still be ok?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Mouseketeer said:

That’s a real shame I was just thinking what a good idea to put them altogether instead of separate, I have sun cream, local outings and sharing info with carers as 3 separate things/3 signatures on one sheet, but have photos, first aid and sharing information with other providers on our registration forms, all separate sections signed/dated separately will that still be ok?

If it is all separate items each requiring a separate signature then she said that was OK 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)