Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Moving Premises

OK the scenario is setting A opened in rented premises and after a few years closed down. The premises have been empty ever since. Setting B is a very well established setting in rented premises a few miles away. The lease for Setting B is coming to an end and they have found that the premises used by setting A are available to rent. Of course we know setting B has to notify OFSTED of any move that might happen but i wonder does anyone know if they will need to do a building inspection (as one was done prior to the other setting opening there).

Any idea of how easy/difficult the OFSTED process is in relation to moving premises would be very welcome. Particularly in relation to time scales!

Many thanks

Hope you are all enjoying the snow ( but keeping warm too!)

My moving inspection went very quickly.  There were a couple of recommendations, and a couple of changes that I wanted to make which she approved.  She was very helpful and 'continuity of care' was seen as hugely important, which was strongly in my favour.  

Hi I relocated in September to a setting that had previously been a preschool and had been empty  for a year.  I had to make a new registration.  I was advised that this would take about 12 weeks.  Due to one thing and another including an urgent letter being sent when I was on my summer holiday abroad there was a delay of a couple of weeks.  I was told that it would be up to the regulatory team if they wanted to conduct another registration interview but that as I had previously had a good OFSTED this might not be necessary.  Everyone I spoke to at OFSTED had seemed quite positive and hopeful.  However, it was all getting dangerously close to the open day in September and in the last week of August I was told that it was unlikely that I would be registered in time and that I should notify my parents of this.  By this time I had moved all my furniture and the priest of the church where I had been leasing was on his summer holiday so I had no idea if I had anywhere to trade from.  I proceeding to send desperate begging emails.  Then on 31st August I had a phone call to say all was OK and that I was registered!  

Good luck and keep us posted!

• 2 months later...

Well that process was pretty painless!  Went on to OFSTED self-service. Filled in the paperwork and heard nothing! Then this week the registration document for the new building drops through the door. No interviews, no checking the building just granted registration

• Like 5

18 hours ago, Gezabel said:

Well that process was pretty painless!  Went on to OFSTED self-service. Filled in the paperwork and heard nothing! Then this week the registration document for the new building drops through the door. No interviews, no checking the building just granted registration

Good luck with the move :):)

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Gezabel said:

That's what I call a result - hope all goes well for you with the move :)

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)