Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

A slight bit of good news in Kent

Panders

"Free Early Year Entitlement - Base rate:

Kent County Council are increasing the base rate of funding for all 3 and 4 year olds from £3.96 to £4.00 per hour from 1 April 2018.   We are doing this at a time when the funding the Council receives from the Government remains frozen at last year’s rate of £4.48 per hour.  

The Council believes this increase is affordable through a combination of increased take up of the 30 Hours alongside a reduction to the amount the Council is allowed to retain to fund its statutory duties.  

We are committed to ensuring that the maximum amount of funding the Council receives for Early Years is passed onto providers and we will review this position regularly. "

Just received this with some other information 

• Like 2

Ours isn't going up at all this year, but it did go up 39p last year and we get £4.21 

We are very much left to 'get on with' though, not a lot of support from advisors etc, and we now have to pay to belong to this forum.

We have just had to re-register and we can now have an advisory visit from LA - no visits for good or above settings.

14 hours ago, Mouseketeer said:

Ours has stayed at £4.19, not sure we have any advisors left 😐, on the plus side we do get 50% in advance and 50% half way through the term unlike some of the dreadful stories I’m reading about some other counties being well overdue with their payments >:(

Have to say ours are pretty good too, we also have the 50/50 split- although there was a mention of doing it monthly at one point recently. 

Also (although I don't want to jinx it) we do not as of yet have to put actual attendances like some LA seem to.

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, louby loo said:

Ohww.. it seems we are getting a rise this year!   1p xD

(still I know we are one of the better rates £4.22)

Well have you decided how to spend that 1p - I do hope you will think carefully about this :ph34r:

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, lynned55 said:

I cannot understand the figures given in that document at all. None of them relate to what we actually get!

but it is what your LEA get. Your lea then take their cut and then they decide (with the help of the school forum) on how much to hold back and how much of the remainder you will be allocated.......well at least this is the way it appears to happen! happy to be told if i'm wrong!

so to my mind that means our LEA take 34p per child per hour which equates to around 11.5k a year donation from us to the council a year!

BTW can i just say sorry to the OP for the thread theif that i appear to have become again!

fm - that's my understanding too.........although for us it is 48p per child per hour............I haven't worked out how much that is per year because it would just make me far too cross

In my humble this whole system is broken 

10 hours ago, sunnyday said:

fm - that's my understanding too.........although for us it is 48p per child per hour............I haven't worked out how much that is per year because it would just make me far too cross

In my humble this whole system is broken 

i would 'like' this but i don't!