Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ofsted Box

I have come across some settings that have an 'Ofsted Box' with evidence to show Ofsted in an event of an inspection.

Please can you share what you put in your box? 

Thank you :)

items to name a few include: 

Development plans 

Copy of an up to date SEF

Welcome booklet 

Development record template which the setting uses

Central records hard copy document 

For our  last two inspections, when the inspector has called the day before, she has given me a list of  paperwork she will want to see the next day.  So I have just assembled everything on the list and handed it over.  I no longer keep things "just in case Ofsted want to see it".  The prior warning was really helpful as it prevented me running round like a headless chicken during the inspection, trying to remember which file I'd put things in!

• Like 2

I just had a list (I really need to redo one! xD). Where I went through the framework and listed where any relevant paperwork could be found- 

i.e.. 'keep times of attendance' (of the top of my head!) ........... see registers on desk by door

" have certain policies" ................... see folder -Top shelf desk by door. 

Other than that- as Stargrower says they ask beforehand.

Our last inspection was end of Nov.  The inspector gave me a printed list of what she might look at.  I went through and marked where each item was to be found.  I found this really helpful.  I always worry that if I kept an ofsted file or folder - would I remember to keep everything updated.

• Like 2

The Early Years inspection handbook lists the documents the inspector needs to see (p9)

I would look at the grade descriptors (p29 onwards) and scribble on each one for the docs you want to show and where they are (I wouldn't put the actual document - you'll need a truck!) as an aide memoire - Obvs only look  at the outstanding descriptors! 'Overall Effectiveness' is a judgment based on the other three, so I wouldn't have that in it's own section. After each section there is guidance for inspectors which will also help you as it says about which questions might be relevant at each stage. Maybe something like this?
Document list.docx

Also, don't forget our articles  by inspectors in the Leadership and Management section of our articles page

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)