Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

EY2 forms for Committee Members

Redowls

I have recently taken over as Manager and am learning as I go. It would be a great help if some one could clarify about the EY2 forms for me? I have a parent wanting to join our Committee. I have got her to filled in all paper work, her DBS is completed and she has filled out the EY2 form. Do I send the form by post? enter it online on the online Ofsted website? And how long does it take? does it come back to me or her? 

Any help would be great!

Thank- you!

EY2 forms all have to be complete by the individual on Ofsted online, you’ll also need to make sure you do an Ey3 paper form so your associated members is completely up to date.

who ever the nominated individual will receive notification when the EY2 is successful, it can also be checked on Ofsted online 🙂

3 hours ago, Normanorm11 said:

EY2 forms all have to be complete by the individual on Ofsted online, you’ll also need to make sure you do an Ey3 paper form so your associated members is completely up to date.

who ever the nominated individual will receive notification when the EY2 is successful, it can also be checked on Ofsted online 🙂

Complete the EY3 to inform Ofsted of new committee members once their ey2 is complete.  Lots of groups are being downgraded by ofsted at inspections because people can't officially become committee member until ey2 is complete. It can be a nightmare trying to support people through the system.  Don't forget to update your groups details with the charity commission

58 minutes ago, Mouseketeer said:

does anyone else think it makes no sense that we have to add them as a trustee to your charity commission registration before ofsted have deemed them a suitable person ? 

The whole process makes no sense.  We have our agm,  committee members resign and are then voted back on and any new members. Unfortunately ofsted won' recognise them until ey2 complete and they are registered on the charity commission site which can all take months. In theory we dont have a full committee for this time.  Not sure what the answer is.

How long have we all been expressing our frustration at this system but nothing has changed.  This year I have four parents at different stages in the whole DBS and EY2 process which is so unnecessarily confusing.  Time they all get through the system their children will be off to school!  Don’t even get me started on the nominated person crap!  Wish someone in Ofsted towers would simplify this system.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

This is what we did after our last AGM...

1-New members elected. 

2-Chair updates trustee details to Charity Commission and Companies House (Ofsted check this during EY2 process)

3-New members apply for DBS and complete EY2 online (you can do the EY2 before the DBS comes back but aren't deemed suitable without the DBS).

4-Nominated Individual (myself) emailed Ofsted with new members and leavers etc.

I then wait a month and check online to see if it's all up to date etc. I even had Ofsted chasing me at one point for EY2# (usually pretty slow)

Our AGM was November and we are finally all up to date  :-)

15 hours ago, zigzag said:

How long have we all been expressing our frustration at this system but nothing has changed.  This year I have four parents at different stages in the whole DBS and EY2 process which is so unnecessarily confusing.  Time they all get through the system their children will be off to school!  Don’t even get me started on the nominated person crap!  Wish someone in Ofsted towers would simplify this system.

And you would not believe (well you probably would)  the fiasco that follows if one of them ticks the ‘nominated individual’ box by mistake or the ‘working with children’ box..OH BOY !

• Confused 1

On 1/15/2018 at 07:46, zigzag said:

I do think Ofsted understand the frustrations in the system and are working to improve the situation. Helen and I did meet with them last year and raised the issues, you can see the report on our meeting here. I will raise it with Gill again and see if there has been any progress made. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rebecca said:

I do think Ofsted understand the frustrations in the system and are working to improve the situation. Helen and I did meet with them last year and raised the issues, you can see the report on our meeting here. I will raise it with Gill again and see if there has been any progress made. 

Thanks Rebecca for linking to that report.  Good to know that maybe improvements to the system are in the pipeline.  I still think that the manager needs to be able to communicate with Ofsted freely.

• 1 month later...

Hi Mrsbarwick and welcome, once logged into your Ofsted gateway account, you will see self-service (list on left)choose that then you’ll see self service on a tab, select that then manage provision, view/update and then the ‘individuals associated’ tab will show members ofsted have cleared as suitable :-) 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)