Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

phone line providers

We're with Talk Talk, we use it for our Broadband as well. They're ok...........................but only just. If you have any problems, they won't help, because BT owns all the phone lines. So, if you then try to get help from BT, THEY won't help you, because your contract is with TT. Just something to consider. We had a fault that took over three weeks to fix and they added insult to injury by charging in full, PLUS the cost of call diversion to a mobile phone...........it was an absolute nightmare and if I can find a better, cheaper provider who does the Broadband as well, I'm off!

• Like 1

We are with BT.. and the costs are high but we are reluctant to change although we should!

We had a call from a company called One Com? (onecom.co.uk) who offered us a good price but it was contracted for a set period originally 60 months they wanted but with negotiation it was reduced to 24 months at the same price. i have added the offer below for you to compare...

Please find below a confirmation of your proposed fixed line tariff.

Business Essentials Plan:

• 1x PSTN – 01204 xxxxxx
  • 250 inclusive minutes to call any UK landline 01,02,03 & any UK mobile each month
  • UK landlines (both local and national 01,02,03) – 1.5p per minute (after allowance is met)
  • UK Mobiles – 7p per minute (after allowance is met)
  • Calls to UK Vodafone Mobiles – 6p per minute (after allowance is met)
  • Calls to 0845 services – 3.5p per minute
  • ADSL2+ Unlimited Broadband including a pre-configured router
  • Care Level 2 remains the same
  • Calling and network features remain the same
  • Dedicated UK based free account manager available on a local rate number
  • £30.40 ex VAT per month
  • 60 Month agreement including annual review

Here at Onecom we proactively manage your account, meaning if you need any support during the agreement we are here to help.

Edited by BroadOaks
  • Like 1

Our experience with TalkTalk Business is similar to Narnia's. We had a fault which I knew was caused by a BT engineer up a ladder down the road. It was just too much of coincidence to be anything else. TalkTalk didn't believe me and made me jump through endless hoops first, including going out to buy a new connector (can't remember the proper name for it), unplugging and plugging in and re-testing. After two days the penny finally dropped and they told me it was caused by BT who then came and fixed it. We didn't have to pay anything but it was a huge hassle and if they had just listened to me in the first place, it could have been resolved the same day. Rant over. Oh and by the way, we're still with TalkTalk... :rolleyes:

• Like 2

We swapped from Talk Talk to BT, we have our landline plus Broadband and it's £37 per month incl VAT. This is for all our calls, landline and mobile and all our broadband, I don't think its that bad to be be fair. Talk Talk where slightly cheaper but Broadband was really slow and kept dropping out.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

We swapped from Talk Talk to BT, we have our landline plus Broadband and it's £37 per month incl VAT. This is for all our calls, landline and mobile and all our broadband, I don't think its that bad to be be fair. Talk Talk where slightly cheaper but Broadband was really slow and kept dropping out.

That is a great deal. We are looking at ours at the moment and are spending £80-90 per month with BT. Calls made during the day are expensive, our current pakcage offers free evening and weekends....we are closed so no benefit there.

• Like 1

We are with BT.. and the costs are high but we are reluctant to change although we should!

We had a call from a company called One Com? (onecom.co.uk) who offered us a good price but it was contracted for a set period originally 60 months they wanted but with negotiation it was reduced to 24 months at the same price. i have added the offer below for you to compare...

Please find below a confirmation of your proposed fixed line tariff.

Business Essentials Plan:

• 1x PSTN – 01204 xxxxxx
  • 250 inclusive minutes to call any UK landline 01,02,03 & any UK mobile each month
  • UK landlines (both local and national 01,02,03) – 1.5p per minute (after allowance is met)
  • UK Mobiles – 7p per minute (after allowance is met)
  • Calls to UK Vodafone Mobiles – 6p per minute (after allowance is met)
  • Calls to 0845 services – 3.5p per minute
  • ADSL2+ Unlimited Broadband including a pre-configured router
  • Care Level 2 remains the same
  • Calling and network features remain the same
  • Dedicated UK based free account manager available on a local rate number
  • £30.40 ex VAT per month
  • 60 Month agreement including annual review

Here at Onecom we proactively manage your account, meaning if you need any support during the agreement we are here to help.

Our BT is due for renewal to and I keep getting a phone call with this deal, it does seem pretty good and the reviews I've read seem quite good but apart from cost approx £65 a month for all I'm happy with BT.

Yours is a very good deal C1403 but probably only for new customers :-(

We have managed to get the same BT deal at approx £37 per month.. inc calls and broadband. The broadband seems slow at the moment though :(

I like the deal but not the slow broadband, how many hours of your life did it take to call them and sort it out ? Someone did phone from bt last week and said they'd email me a better deal but didn't have anything come ...unless their own email went to spam

I like the deal but not the slow broadband, how many hours of your life did it take to call them and sort it out ? Someone did phone from bt last week and said they'd email me a better deal but didn't have anything come ...unless their own email went to spam

All sorted now and it is working great.. and much cheaper than our previous deal :) - It actually didn't take that long, once I finally got around to it! Just need to cancel our other line and unfortunately we couldn't keep our number due to BT not owning it?!?! Not a major problem and it might stop all the unwanted calls at least.

I did get in touch with Virgin Media who do own the number and could have kept it and we could have got faster Broadband (upto 200mbs) but the cheapest deal they had was £47 per month.. on the 50mbs speed (not bad at all)

ALSO: I did check online with Talk Talk - and again we couldn't keep the number and it was approx £30 per month for this on a similar package..

All in all, we are on the best deal now with BT business line.. broadband speed is now ok and with calls included :)

• Like 1