Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

59 minutes ago, enuffsenuf said:

maybe in our line of work we have just done too many risk assessments and can see the flaws others miss?

I’m sure you’re right....we’re wired to think everything through to the nth degree, so when I’m then spraying the spray the queue is looking at me like ‘what is she doing’ 🤪

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Froglet said:

So, how many books (and crochet hooks) can I justify buying in one afternoon?! 😉

Loads - as many as you want 

a. because you deserve to spoil yourself

b. stock up and the you don't need to venture out too many times

Hope that helps 😃

• Like 2

3 hours ago, sunnyday said:

Loads - as many as you want 

a. because you deserve to spoil yourself

b. stock up and the you don't need to venture out too many times

Hope that helps 😃

It helps loads, thank you!  On the subject of spoiling myself I got up far later than I intended this morning so decided I'd combine breakfast and lunch (well for now - second breakfasts are fine aren't they?) and in the course of doing this have discovered the joys of roast strawberries.  I love fruit but have a bit of a thing about the texture being right - can't eat apples which are 'furry' and strawberries which are just starting to turn are difficult.  I'm doing my best not to waste food so the apples get turned into crumbles, apple and blackberry mix to go on crumpets (for breakfast), apple and sultana fritters etc but I've never known what to do with the strawberries.  Now the problem is going to be to stop myself from letting them get to that stage!

16 minutes ago, Froglet said:

It helps loads, thank you!  On the subject of spoiling myself I got up far later than I intended this morning so decided I'd combine breakfast and lunch (well for now - second breakfasts are fine aren't they?) and in the course of doing this have discovered the joys of roast strawberries.  I love fruit but have a bit of a thing about the texture being right - can't eat apples which are 'furry' and strawberries which are just starting to turn are difficult.  I'm doing my best not to waste food so the apples get turned into crumbles, apple and blackberry mix to go on crumpets (for breakfast), apple and sultana fritters etc but I've never known what to do with the strawberries.  Now the problem is going to be to stop myself from letting them get to that stage!

Second breakfasts are absolutely fine - these are difficult times we are living through 🤣

Roasted strawberries - I need to know more please

Further to that can I just move in with you? Your breakfasts sound lovely!

3 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

Second breakfasts are absolutely fine - these are difficult times we are living through 🤣

Roasted strawberries - I need to know more please

Further to that can I just move in with you? Your breakfasts sound lovely!

Excellent! Moving in very welcome.  I love my breakfasts! Today (it was exceptional - usually it’s just cinnamon and raisin porridge or eggs on toast) I had scrambled eggs on toast with avocado, the roasted strawberries and a nectarine stirred through some Greek yogurt, orange juice, freshly made Welsh cakes and a pot of tea.

Roasted strawberries - I had about half a punnet left. Oven preheated to 190 fan, strawberries hulled and any grotty bits chopped out, large ones chopped in half, 1 spoon of sugar stirred through. Roasted in oven for 20 minutes with a quick stir part way through to stop it catching.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Froglet said:

Excellent! Moving in very welcome.  I love my breakfasts! Today (it was exceptional - usually it’s just cinnamon and raisin porridge or eggs on toast) I had scrambled eggs on toast with avocado, the roasted strawberries and a nectarine stirred through some Greek yogurt, orange juice, freshly made Welsh cakes and a pot of tea.

Roasted strawberries - I had about half a punnet left. Oven preheated to 190 fan, strawberries hulled and any grotty bits chopped out, large ones chopped in half, 1 spoon of sugar stirred through. Roasted in oven for 20 minutes with a quick stir part way through to stop it catching.

Right - I have had to re-think this young Froglet, I can't leave Mr S so it would be better if you moved in with us really, lots of garden delights here for you to cook, yes that would definitely be the best idea! 🤣 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

Right - I have had to re-think this young Froglet, I can't leave Mr S so it would be better if you moved in with us really, lots of garden delights here for you to cook, yes that would definitely be the best idea! 🤣 

Works for me - as I’m sure I’ve said I am rubbish at gardening!

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Froglet said:

Works for me - as I’m sure I’ve said I am rubbish at gardening!

Excellent!

In other news - my DIL sent a recording to me - my super talented middle granddaughter (14) playing piano, at the beginning you hear footsteps - I had said to Mr S, she has added those on purpose, she also added a 'crackling' effect. Anyway I have just seen her and asked about it and yes she added the footsteps - I said "what song starts like that is it Thriller", she said "no"

Hmmm - I now need to work my way through Michael Jackson's songs to find the answer! Not that I will tell her, I think she thinks that was her own idea!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, enuffsenuf said:

maybe in our line of work we have just done too many risk assessments and can see the flaws others miss?

I’m sure that’s true!  

• Like 1

Morning all - it's Friday!

Exciting weekend for us as Mr S has his shielding 'paused' tomorrow - we are invited to a BBQ at eldest's sons house on Sunday - yay - I will be giving my two youngest grandchildren the biggest hugs in living history! (Have been seeing them in our gardens but no cuddling)

Youngest granddaughter (5) has said "then I can have a sleepover at your house" - yes she can - whoop, whoop!

Not sure what else will change, very much aware that he/we will still need to be cautious, but, at last we feel 'in step' with everyone else

Have a lovely weekend y'all

• Like 7

How very exciting for you Sunnyday! Have a wonderful weekend.

I am not up to much different - currently working on a summer window scene as I’ve noticed people smiling at the spring one which is currently there. I also plan to do some sorting of paperwork and epic TDL writing!

• Like 1

Just popped back to report - those longed for grandchildren cuddles were well worth the wait!

Granddaughter sleepover is booked for Wednesday, she was just so happy yesterday - "nana you can push me on my swing now", "grandad you can come and play in my bedroom now" and so on 🥰

• Like 4

It's not really Friday but I just felt like a chat! 

Last week I took the week off completely - nothing but crochet, reading and resting.  So this week I decided that I needed to be more organised and actually do 'stuff'.  I made a plan... and it's already going awry!  I have spent 2 hours this morning sorting through the papers I have accumulated in my school bag, my laptop case, my marking box.  That was therapeutic although I'm a little scared at just how much paper I have put straight in the recycling bin!  I have got a TDL which is epic, some of it is stuff that I can leave until September but I also know from experience that when I'm at home it's very easy to forget the way time after school disappears and the way I'm so shattered in the evenings means that I simply cannot do 'thinking' work.

I'm trying to decide what I should do next - my list for today originally had lots of subject leadership work on it (which I'm massively behind with) but I'm really not feeling like it!  But then, I never do and I'm desperately trying to stop avoiding tasks both at home and school which I dislike or find difficult.  It's a dull day here with a touch of drizzle, the temptation to bake something is strong and I'm really not quite sure where to start right now!  I think I might look at my TDL and see if there are any quick win things which will make me feel like I'm getting somewhere!

I hope the rest of you are having a productive or fun day - ideally both!

• Like 1

Im not doing much work today ...lots of people in the house doing things! my tip for doing jobs which works quite well is to set yourself a task to do in an hour ....set your timer and get on with it. just an hour no more. Then reward yourself by doing some play (cooking/crochet etc) You need to allow your creative side out or you won't do your job as well as you do. Let yourself play ! xxx

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, finleysmaid said:

Im not doing much work today ...lots of people in the house doing things! my tip for doing jobs which works quite well is to set yourself a task to do in an hour ....set your timer and get on with it. just an hour no more. Then reward yourself by doing some play (cooking/crochet etc) You need to allow your creative side out or you won't do your job as well as you do. Let yourself play ! xxx

Thanks, I admit that I succumbed and in the spirit of decluttering the baking cupboard I have just made some fairy cakes. I’m full of aches today which I don’t think is helping so I’m going to curl up with a book for a bit and then tackle another chunk later.

29 minutes ago, Froglet said:

Thanks, I admit that I succumbed and in the spirit of decluttering the baking cupboard I have just made some fairy cakes. I’m full of aches today which I don’t think is helping so I’m going to curl up with a book for a bit and then tackle another chunk later.

Ouch - why are you 'full of aches' young Froglet?

I like fm's tip re an hour of 'work'

My day has started off really well - I have had my haircut - whoop, whoop - never underestimate the power of a haircut! 🤣 My lovely hairdresser works from home and she did it out in her garden - I washed it before I left home, walked through the village with wet hair (no standards at all me!)

Waiting now for a Sainsbos delivery and then who knows what I will do with the rest of my day - certainly won't be any pre-school stuff, just not in the mood for that at all, might make a start on sorting out our office/dumping ground - it is an absolute disgrace😬 Ditto my 'under the sink' cupboard' perhaps I will tackle that first - choices, choices.....

Weather is lovely here, warm but not too hot, a gentle breeze blowing, so might do a bit in the garden too (a bit of reading probably)!

Have you been on your shopping trip for books yet?

Fairy cakes - yum!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

Ouch - why are you 'full of aches' young Froglet?

I like fm's tip re an hour of 'work'

My day has started off really well - I have had my haircut - whoop, whoop - never underestimate the power of a haircut! 🤣 My lovely hairdresser works from home and she did it out in her garden - I washed it before I left home, walked through the village with wet hair (no standards at all me!)

Waiting now for a Sainsbos delivery and then who knows what I will do with the rest of my day - certainly won't be any pre-school stuff, just not in the mood for that at all, might make a start on sorting out our office/dumping ground - it is an absolute disgrace😬 Ditto my 'under the sink' cupboard' perhaps I will tackle that first - choices, choices.....

Weather is lovely here, warm but not too hot, a gentle breeze blowing, so might do a bit in the garden too (a bit of reading probably)!

Have you been on your shopping trip for books yet?

Fairy cakes - yum!

I don’t know re the aches - just headachey, tummy ache, back ache - generally falling apart! 😉 I do like sorting out and my under the sink cupboard is also on my list. I did a little online book shopping - got a lovely children’s book called ‘Look up’ about a little girls who is trying to persuade her big brother to put down his phone and look at the stars. The other was a book of patterns and ideas for crochet wreaths and garlands. I also have some modelling clay arriving today and I treated myself to an Echo dot - it’s part of my plan for turning my ‘dump room’ as my niece calls it into a haven of a spare room/craft room.

• Like 2

I don’t know re the aches - just headachey, tummy ache, back ache - generally falling apart! 😉 

Oh no, that's not good, feel better soon 😘

Since our last chat - I have

Had a good natter with my delivery driver - what I don't know now about his weight loss plan is not worth knowing!

Ironing - all done

Dealt with some emails

Had lunch

That's about it!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, sunnyday said:

Had a good natter with my delivery driver - what I don't know now about his weight loss plan is not worth knowing!

Well he defiantly wasn't the Asda man then! ........... My Saturday delivery was over 1.5 hours late,  so I text the number for an update on times, and it arrived within about 5 mins -  the man literally chucked it in the doorway and ran off without checking the subs or anything!       With hindsight I honestly think he was parked up somewhere local and was watching the football 😮 .     I didn't mind it being late, but an update or apology would have been nice.

The other week my Morrisons arrived 3 hours early!   🤣🤣  Not sure what would have happened if I had been out.  My daughter took it in and never questioned the time as she assumed it was correct as she knew I had a delivery that day.  Was quite funny really as I was in the garden and she went in to make coffee...  and  shouted  'it Morrisons do you want me to sort it?' I said yeas please thinking they'd phoned regarding the order.  About 20 mins later she comes  back out to garden, I ask her what had she been doing and she told me putting all the shopping away for you!

I have to say all the delivery drivers have been absolutely  fantastic throughout this situation. ... Well apart from the above Asda man- he's delivered three times to me now, and the first time he argued that my house number was not correct, and that actually our number belongs to a house 4 doors away! (guess who tried to deliver to the wrong house then!). I have decided never to have a Saturday Asda delivery again..... the Saturday man has a bad attitude 🙄

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

I do have some really nice delivery drivers - had never met this one before, but think we are best friends now! 🤣

My best one was when I brought 10 cat litter trays. The driver said -"sorry I just have to ask- why the 10 trays?"  He loved it when I told him they were for personal sand/water trays for the children.

Edited by louby loo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Froglet said:

It's not really Friday but I just felt like a chat! 

Hope the rest of your day went well.

I've spent the day doing accounts- I really need to get an accountant I think 😂  

It was going to be our treat for this year, and new kitchen (children!) and an accountant- will have to have a rethink now we've used up our spare money on covid 😬

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, louby loo said:

It was going to be our treat for this year, and new kitchen (children!) and an accountant- will have to have a rethink now we've used up our spare money on covid 😬

Accounts - yes, really need to get mine sorted too

• Like 1

1 hour ago, louby loo said:

I have dozed on the sofa most of the afternoon. I feel a bit hot/cold and not really like eating so I think I’ll have an early night and start again tomorrow. My echo arrived but I can’t get it to work at the moment.

17 minutes ago, Froglet said:

I have dozed on the sofa most of the afternoon. I feel a bit hot/cold and not really like eating so I think I’ll have an early night and start again tomorrow. My echo arrived but I can’t get it to work at the moment.

Bath and early night xxx

Echo can wait until tomorrow 🙂

• Like 1

Feel better soon xxx

• Like 1