Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

I’m very excited -  my local yarn shop is closed but you can order and they will deliver! I ordered just before lunch and a beautiful fruit salad of colours will be with me in less than an hour! 

Edited by Froglet

27 minutes ago, Froglet said:

I’m very excited -  my local yarn shop is closed but you can order and they will deliver! I ordered just before lunch and a beautiful fruit salad of colours will be with me in less than an hour! 

Fabulous! What are you going to make?

In other news - I have splashed out £4.49 on a book - I usually go for the cheapie kindle deals but hey these are exceptional times - it is 'Normal People' Sally Rooney - have read some good reviews

Ooh let us know what it’s like. I keep telling myself (and then not listening) that I need to reduce my unread books shelf before I buy any more.

I’m making a spring scene (I hope!) and some of it is for blossom and primroses. The others are just because I like the colours!

0C10A10E-E2DF-4D00-8E39-E1CB822E5B19.jpeg

• Like 1

My brother has so many books  (I strongly believe this is why he's wife left himO.o) I have suggested he uses his time during lock down to arrange them all using the Dewey [s?] system :D

Spring theme sounds interesting.  I have just found a box of tapestry wool that I might put on our village page for anyone who might make use of it at the moment.

• Like 1

That’s so lovely. I’ve just had an invite to what has become a regular bedtime stories by Zoom appointment. I’m seeing my family far more than I usually do! 

My yarn has arrived and I’ve wound samples onto pegs so I can play with colour combinations. It’s possible I have too much  yarn... Newest colours at the bottom!

image.jpg

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Froglet said:

That’s so lovely. I’ve just had an invite to what has become a regular bedtime stories by Zoom appointment. I’m seeing my family far more than I usually do! 

My yarn has arrived and I’ve wound samples onto pegs so I can play with colour combinations. It’s possible I have too much  yarn... Newest colours at the bottom!

image.jpg

You ordered the full colour range didn't you! xD

Oh my actual goodness! Have just received video of my 4 year old granddaughter joining in with the 'big clap' - I wish I could share it - she was in her nightie with a fleece over the top and her wellie boots, banging a saucepan with a spoon...….apparently she thought she was doing it for Dr Ranj (sp)…...

• Like 5

1 hour ago, sunnyday said:

It's Friday again - three weeks since closure......

Hope that everyone is well and can enjoy some sunshine over the weekend 

Hope you are too. I am still in pjs avoiding the TDL! However, I’ve just been trying out a new pattern which is making smile so much. 😁😁😁 Wait till I show you what I finished last night too!

image.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Froglet said:

Hope you are too. I am still in pjs avoiding the TDL! However, I’ve just been trying out a new pattern which is making smile so much. 😁😁😁 Wait till I show you what I finished last night too!

image.jpg

Are you making a spring wreath ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Froglet said:

image.jpg

So pretty - you are a clever, creative old thing 

• Like 1

Mary Berry would be in full agreement Mousie.

I had to go in full bake off mode for mine.

Prove

Mix in fruit and prove again

Knock back, weigh whole lot and divide mixture into 12 equal balls, rest for an hour (the buns not me:D:D)  then finally Bake!

Family - bit like making mince pies, or a large cafetierre of coffee     - all that effort and gone in moments 

Edited by Panders
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

I’m just in the middle of knocking up a batch of Christmas buns ( sorry said the C word) but I accidentally got sent dried cranberries instead of cherries by a supplier. These are a Paul Hollywood recipe and are lovely! Just time consuming with the proving etc. 

my son sent me one of the funnies on the internet.     As you may know Saint Jamie of Oliver is doing a channel 4 show about cooking in lockdown and substituting ingredients for ones you do have in your cupboard.

This was a photo of beans on toast, which was supposed to be Jamie's Aubergine curry dahl with herby flatbreads.   Chuckle everytime I think of it.

• Haha 2

You are all being so industrious - I'm not sure what I have achieved today, not a lot really

Have such seen youngest son, his wife and our eldest granddaughter (from a safe distance) they were coming back from a long walk - just so lovely to see them :)

• Like 1