Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

We have had a nice relaxed Christmas.  Have to admit that I have taken our Christmas tree down today!  Think I had a slight reaction to it and would start coughing and itching as soon as I sat near it! Decided it had to go today as I couldn’t stand it any more!  Got too much food left over and way too many chocolates, think the diet will have to start in February and not January 😬 Hope everyone has had a nice, peaceful and happy Christmas.

• Like 1

Thank you for all the nice comments re the Dolls House - Mr S would be very 'chuffed' but not sure that I should tell him really his head is quite big enough as it is xD

Said Dolls House was a huge hit with granddaughter as was the farm that he had made for our littlest grandson (although he did keep putting his animals in her dolls house!)

We had such a lovely couple of days, I know its cliched but it really does go far too fast......

How is the baby Panders - hope all is well

Louby - any baby news yet?

2 hours ago, Panders said:

After a very difficult Christmas period, the baby is beginning to be rewarded for all her fight.  We are going up to see them all again today, so will be able to see for my own eyes how well she's doing.

Sending every good wish x

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Panders said:

Happy New Year, wonder what the '20's will have in store for us all, here's hoping all good things.

Well we've had a fantastic start to 2020.  Baby Georgia was born this evening  7.10lbs. Mother and baby doing well. I'm still not sure what I am though- can't decide nanny, grandma..... :D:D

• Like 5

44 minutes ago, louby loo said:

Well we've had a fantastic start to 2020.  Baby Georgia was born this evening  7.10lbs. Mother and baby doing well. I'm still not sure what I am though- can't decide nanny, grandma..... :D:D

CONGRATULATIONS 🥳🥳

• Like 1

14 hours ago, louby loo said:

Whoop! Whoop! fabulous news - welcome to the world baby Georgia - many congrats to all x

• Like 1

On 01/01/2020 at 21:42, louby loo said:

Have you decided on your 'title' yet?

Was fairly easy for me when our first grandson was born - dils mum wanted to be grandma, my mum was already great-gran, mil was nan, so I chose nana :) then when first granddaughter was born that dils mum chose nanny - excellent we all know who we are! xD

• Like 2

6 hours ago, sunnyday said:

Getting 'back to work' thoughts now - has been great not having a TDL this holiday...….

I so agree. Christmas is the only holiday that I do NOTHING for school and it’s been bliss.  Yesterday I did go in and do invoices and write a few checks and set up a few things.  Feel quite positive about going back, long may it continue!

• Like 3

10 hours ago, sunnyday said:

Have you decided on your 'title' yet?

Was fairly easy for me when our first grandson was born - dils mum wanted to be grandma, my mum was already great-gran, mil was nan, so I chose nana :) then when first granddaughter was born that dils mum chose nanny - excellent we all know who we are! xD

I really can't decide. Nanny is out though. I might just see what evolves. Obviously the problem is I'm far to young (not!) to be any of the name choices xD

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I tend to use Nanny + my first name.   It sounds strange if eldest granddaughter calls me just "nan".   Makes me feel really old!       When I was a child my mum's mum was Nan, and my dad's mum was Nanny + surname, when I began in pre-school it was quite cute to find a whole new world of Nannas, Gan Gans, Omas, Poppas etc.xD

• Haha 1

Evening all - it's Friday:)

Hope that everyone has had a good first week of term

Ours was a little mixed - all children clearly happy to be back which is lovely - but I have a little girl who is fairly disruptive, all low level stuff but wearing all the same, she has come back in fine form (not) 

Hope that the weekend is kind to all :)

Our biter is back on top form. She has moved on from soft parts to shoulders and knuckles, oh and staff shoe! A Dad who objected to his child being moved at storytime because he was disrupting others. "I don't want my child restrained from doing what he wants". A mum who came rushing up to me at collection time asking if she needed to sign the accident book as child had a cut on his head. Thinking 'what have we missed??' and frantically scanning child's head..... said  cut was the size of a pinhead and looked like a spot. All in a day's work.O.o 

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, larnielass said:

Our biter is back on top form. She has moved on from soft parts to shoulders and knuckles, oh and staff shoe! A Dad who objected to his child being moved at storytime because he was disrupting others. "I don't want my child restrained from doing what he wants". A mum who came rushing up to me at collection time asking if she needed to sign the accident book as child had a cut on his head. Thinking 'what have we missed??' and frantically scanning child's head..... said  cut was the size of a pinhead and looked like a spot. All in a day's work.O.o 

:o Crikey larnielass some real challenges there

All the children have been so happy coming back which is great, I however am not feeling so happy. I seem to have reached a brick wall and can’t seem to get over it, under it, around it or even through it!  I just seem to be missing my motivation, patience and enjoyment and I don’t know why.  It’s making me feel very frustrated as I have been in childcare for 27 years and never felt so despondent. I not quite sure how to find the fun and enjoyment anymore.  Anyone else ever felt like this? 

• Sad 1