Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

10 minutes ago, louby loo said:

Well I'm done until the New Year...:)

Just in from an incredibly boozy lunch (lovely country pub owned by ex-parent.. they may have supplied extra wine :o:D:D), only problem is I now have to out again this evening for another Christmas meal with husbands 'do' O.o:oxD.

Not to mention a full afternoon tea Monday :$

xx

ENJOY🥳🤪

2 hours ago, zigzag said:

🤪🤪🥳🥳😀😀So happy to have broken up today.  (Sorry to all those that don’t break up until next week). Urgently needing this break as was slowly losing my sanity, hopefully can recharge the batteries and find motivation and enthusiasm before January. 

im glad its not just me..but ive got another week to go. Was really questioning my practice today...we seem to be suffering from some pretty awful behaviour issues. WIth little backup from parents . I worry that this is to do with the way children are being brought up..just me???

2 minutes ago, finleysmaid said:

im glad its not just me..but ive got another week to go. Was really questioning my practice today...we seem to be suffering from some pretty awful behaviour issues. WIth little backup from parents . I worry that this is to do with the way children are being brought up..just me???

Not just you FM, we have never before had the level of behavior issues we are now managing, the odd one or two (and usually a deeper reason for it)  but it just seems so many now that we are putting behaviour management strategies in place for, it’s morale sapping and as you say little support from parents :-( 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I actually said in the middle of our party today “is it just that I am getting older and grumpier or have children changed in the last decade”. The resounding answer from the team was that children and parenting has changed dramatically.  Not for the better in my opinion!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

An interesting read, the ‘let them be bored’ is spot on, many of our children seem to be entertained 24/7 with no time to just be at home doing nothing and demand adult attention all the time to do everything with them or for them.

https://yourot.com/parenting-club/2017/5/24/what-are-we-doing-to-our-children

Edited by Mouseketeer

12 hours ago, Mouseketeer said:

An interesting read, the ‘let them be bored’ is spot on, many of our children seem to be entertained 24/7 with no time to just be at home doing nothing and demand adult attention all the time to do everything with them or for them.

https://yourot.com/parenting-club/2017/5/24/what-are-we-doing-to-our-children

great article...dare i tweet it to the parents??!!!! O.oxD

• Like 1

on another note...has anyone else got a group who don't know which hand to use? i have some really bright cookies but they are not showing handedness yet! is this a result of too many swipe screens? holding the device with their "correct" hand and swiping with their "off hand"?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, finleysmaid said:

on another note...has anyone else got a group who don't know which hand to use? i have some really bright cookies but they are not showing handedness yet! is this a result of too many swipe screens? holding the device with their "correct" hand and swiping with their "off hand"?

Yep and not only that some that don’t seem to use their hands without being told to, like it isn’t an automatic reflex to them, we have to tell them to put whatever they are holding down to be able to do something with their hands.....it’s worrying 🤔

4 hours ago, finleysmaid said:

Us too, one day right handed, the next left.  O.o

7 minutes ago, Panders said:

No, she keeps on getting bumped down the list!   We are looking at possibly Monday now :(

The happened to my daughters friend back in September, such a stressful end to the pregnancy.  :(

For her it turned out it was all the 'conceived at Christmas' babies blocking the Labour ward.

2 minutes ago, louby loo said:

Us too, one day right handed, the next left.  O.o

Humm well if anyone is looking for a research project this seems like a starting point!!!

Eye contact is also an issue part of those digitally distracted parents from that article Mousketeer

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sunnyday said:

Oh no, that must be very stressful for her......

Yea - the whole pregnancy has been stressy since August what with one thing and another and waiting for a place at a particular London hospital  isn't helping.   The first time was the worst, as they really felt that was the day they had been building up to, but now, they are more laid back about it all.  Main thing is mum is healthy and strong and baby is in the best place possible for the moment.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Panders said:

Yea - the whole pregnancy has been stressy since August what with one thing and another and waiting for a place at a particular London hospital  isn't helping.   The first time was the worst, as they really felt that was the day they had been building up to, but now, they are more laid back about it all.  Main thing is mum is healthy and strong and baby is in the best place possible for the moment.

Sending every good wish to them

Phew! That's it - I'm done! :)

Our party was brilliant - first time that I have not involved parents and oh my actual goodness it was sooooo much easier - I will be holding parties within funded hours forever now - just no one alert my LA as this is not 'allowed'! :ph34r:

I have just finished Learning Journey folders for my Key Children and that's it - work bag has been 'filed' and will not see the light of day again until 5th January - I have no TDL at all - whoop, whoop!xD

Now to start organising our own Christmas - no catering for me this year - off to oldest son on Christmas day and youngest son on Boxing day - yay!:) 

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Panders said:

Baby born this afternoon, she is quite tiny 5.7lbs, (her dad being almost 10lbs when he was bornO.o)   She is doing well, gone off for scans and x rays.   Been a long haul for her mum, but she was amazing.

Congratulations Panders. Hope all is well with the baby. Xx

2 hours ago, Panders said:

Baby born this afternoon, she is quite tiny 5.7lbs, (her dad being almost 10lbs when he was bornO.o)   She is doing well, gone off for scans and x rays.   Been a long haul for her mum, but she was amazing.

Aww lovely news - welcome to the world little one - congratulations to all xxx