Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

Hope everyone is well?  Bit of a busy time here.  My house, sleep and (given my current sniffles) health have suffered a little.  I'm having a gentle start to the weekend with a book (Dear Mrs Bird by AJ Pearce) and a cup of tea.  However I'm planning to do do lots of school work today so that I can have a school free Sunday.  I finally got around to seeing Downton Abbey with a friend last night.  On Sunday, as long as the weather is reasonably dry, I want to do some garden clearing and tidying.

• Like 1

Can’t believe we are only a week away from half term already!  All good down here, apart from fed up of changing pull ups and trying to persuade parents to get on board with potty training! Times have changed since I started here when everyone had incentive to get their child potty trained ready for Pre-school at two and a half, I am truly baffled that parents leave it so late now and then expect us to do it all and not follow on at home🤬. Sorry, moan over but it become quite a issue! 

Got some committee stuff to do as we held our AGM this week but annoyingly the charity Commission website is down until Monday for maintenance, so that is now on the back burner. Had a lovely dog walk down on Coverack beach today, although in typical spaniel fashion, she didn’t actually walk on the beach at all, just swam from one end to the other and then had to be tricked into getting out of the sea to come home!

Have a lovely weekend all.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, zigzag said:

Can’t believe we are only a week away from half term already!  All good down here, apart from fed up of changing pull ups and trying to persuade parents to get on board with potty training! Times have changed since I started here when everyone had incentive to get their child potty trained ready for Pre-school at two and a half, I am truly baffled that parents leave it so late now and then expect us to do it all and not follow on at home🤬. Sorry, moan over but it become quite a issue! 

Pull-ups do my head in fullstop!!!!!  

I see they now market them for 'active babies/ toddlers". My guess it that pull-ups are actually a lot cheaper to manufacture? Even if it only saves a minuscule amount for each pull-up produced, the sheer amount made must save the manufacturer millions per year.

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, zigzag said:

Can’t believe we are only a week away from half term already!  

we dont have half term until the 28th this year! .

and my moan this year is that i have found the mobile phone generations children have forgotton that they need to look at someone when they talk.....i now have a photographic memory of 30 childrens backs of heads! 

• Sad 2

12 hours ago, finleysmaid said:

we dont have half term until the 28th this year! .

and my moan this year is that i have found the mobile phone generations children have forgotton that they need to look at someone when they talk.....i now have a photographic memory of 30 childrens backs of heads! 

We are also 28th but will finish on the 17th Dec.

you’re not wrong about the ‘eye contact’, we have a few that are showing no other real concerns but just can’t focus on you when talking to them :-( 

Edited by Mouseketeer

well how did that happen...beginnig of the week a bit slow then BAM it's friday!. I have done loads of show rounds this term which is great but they are becomming SO time consuming. I shouldnt complain as we need the children but WHY are parents leaving things till the last minute. I had two last week visit and have now started which is great for us but their parents must know how old they are!:D

How's everyone else doing?

• Like 1

Too be totally honest I am completely disheartened with parents these days!  I despair that they don’t seem to want to get their children toilet trained, that they don’t take in ANY information despite being spoon fed it in a multitude of ways.  Then this morning I was flabbergasted when a Mum rang the door bell and I opened the door with a “good morning” to be ignored, and have her push her child in the door with a “there you go” and turned around to leave! It was only me saying “wait I have your clothing order” that she even stood just at the doorway for twenty seconds.  I was absolutely fuming,  Then I got home to be badgered on messenger that we should take two year olds (we only take 2.5) and we should open for them on the two mornings we don’t open. I explained that we can only take four two year olds each morning so that we would be running at a loss and that there are two extremely fabulous toddler groups that run in our village and the next village, so can’t see the need. This kept going round and round with questions about changing our registration, taking 30 hours funding(making a loss on just 15) In the end I was nearly at screaming pitch. They did eventually listen to me and realise that although they may be new to the committee, I am not and have seen it all before and looked at all viability options.  😡😡. Sorry to rant but oh my goodness parenting and parents are certainly a different bunch these days.  So I for one am blooming delighted that it is half term!

• Like 1

Happy weekend!  I celebrated the end of term with tea with my mum and dad last night.  Today I'm having a lazy morning but will shortly be starting an epic clean and maybe a little bit of gardening.  My sister, her husband, children and dog have invited themselves up for lunch tomorrow.  I am so excited!  No one ever comes to my house as my mum and dad are so close and their place is bigger so we always tend to meet there.  I am currently mulling over what I'm going to cook for them.

I'm tempted by chicken biryani or jambalaya or something similar and then was planning to make tomato soup, fresh bread, cheese scones and cake for tea.  I don't know if they're staying but if not there will be something I know the children like for lunch just in case they don't go for the main course.  I'm pondering either a pear and chocolate pudding, white chocolate and berry pudding or cheesecake.  All is subject to change though - I like reading recipe books!

36 minutes ago, Froglet said:

I'm tempted by chicken biryani or jambalaya or something similar and then was planning to make tomato soup, fresh bread, cheese scones and cake for tea.  I don't know if they're staying but if not there will be something I know the children like for lunch just in case they don't go for the main course.  I'm pondering either a pear and chocolate pudding, white chocolate and berry pudding or cheesecake.  All is subject to change though - I like reading recipe books!

Sorry can't help with menu choice........... but what time shall I around to yours?????

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, louby loo said:

Sorry can't help with menu choice........... but what time shall I around to yours?????

You’re welcome any time! I’m on holiday for two weeks. Am planning serious cooking and will need lots of tasters. I haven’t yet my mind up about whether to try to male croissants or macarons...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Froglet said:

You’re welcome any time! I’m on holiday for two weeks. Am planning serious cooking and will need lots of tasters. I haven’t yet my mind up about whether to try to male croissants or macarons...

Both very tricky to do,   didn't know there was male/female croissants:D    Think we seriously need photos when finished!

Edited by Panders
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, sunnyday said:

I'm a bit...…."oh no, it's Friday" :( half-term coming to an end......

Hope everyone has had a good week and that the weekend is kind to all :)

I know what you mean, the week has gone worryingly quickly.  I have another week off but if I hadn't I would be feeling decidedly grumpy at the amount of work I've done, the snottiness of my nose and general poorliness.  I'm hoping that another week off will be filled with just fun stuff and less sneezing!

Hope you have a lovely weekend.  I have all my family getting together at mum and dad's there are plans for Aunty Froglet to make a cake with the three little tadpoles.  Apparently it's going to involve sweets inside and a spiders web on top!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

1st November if I remember correctly xD

You are playing with fire!!!  Last year it was the 24th December and then because we'd been such models of restraint Sue let us off early and we were allowed to mention it from the 20th...

• Haha 1