Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

1 hour ago, sunnyday said:

It really is Friday now!:)

Think I must have some TDL tasks stored up for the weekend - don't want to think about that just now.....

Have a good weekend all

I've spent the afternoon on the TDL, now for a weekend of blissfully doing no preschool work :)

10 days left :o

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

Wow louby are you finishing 12th July?

Yes, Essex are only actually funding 37 weeks this year! + added to that  we used one week of the summer term the first week in April before the Easter break. 

It was either 3 week easter break or finish early. 

• Like 1

I was very glad to get to this Friday....I have a member of staff off at the moment having radiotherapy treatment and another member of staff in hospital with severe headaches  ….out of a team of 5 that's 40% of my workforce1 They both appear to be recovering i'll find out more today. it's report writing week so heaven only knows when these will get finished...or how many i'll end up doing! better get crackingO.o

Stupidly busy week here and very glad to get to Friday although on Friday I got some unexpected non-contact time for the morning which was much needed.  The afternoon was talking maths which was great.  I had tea with mum and dad last night and a good catch up.  This morning (despite my best efforts) I was up at 5.30am.  I have people here installing my last 3 new windows.  The house is absolutely covered in dust and mess (I have 3 windows and 2 doors already installed) but it looks fantastic!  Hence I've already cleaned the bathroom this morning.  I hate to say it but today and tomorrow will both be about the TDL.  Transition visits next week so I shall get a sense of what next year will bring!  I have big (probably over ambitious) plans for 'sorting' my house this summer and I'm really looking forward to getting going with it!

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Mouseketeer said:

Also 2 weeks left and sorry to bring this up but when are you all going back? Undecided on leaving until Mon 9th and then running till 20th, or going back with the local school on Wed 4th and then finishing on Tue 17th Dec O.o

Thursday 5th for us 

Now - remind me what I said about no pre-school work at weekends :ph34r: - perhaps if I hadn't been so caught up in the fantastic tennis yesterday I might have completed all this blessed admin stuff xD

Never mind - onwards and upwards - dreaming of those lovely 'please yourself' days that the summer holiday brings (not thinking about my 'summer TDL' just yet)9_9

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Mouseketeer said:

Also 2 weeks left and sorry to bring this up but when are you all going back? Undecided on leaving until Mon 9th and then running till 20th, or going back with the local school on Wed 4th and then finishing on Tue 17th Dec O.o

We actually go back on the 3rd - although we having this as a training day and children in 4th.

We always go back as soon as possible and finish early at Christmas as  staff to have a little time to do their own shopping etc.  

We do all set dates as a team though.  This is the reason we're finishing early- we chose to use one of our summer term funded weeks before the Easter break - well that and Ease is only funding 37 weeks this year (or perhaps that was last year/next year- I'm totally confused about that bit!)  

Seem's all my staff are leaving for holidays on the Saturday/Sunday as they were able to get good deals- so everyone's happy :)

• Like 1

Thanks both, we also used a week of our summer funding before Easter hols so will finish on the 19th July, I have a couple of staff that like to have the few days to themselves after their chn go back school before work starts again and now one has asked if we can go back early to finish earlier in Dec....I hate trying to keep everyone happy and the others will feel like i’ve let that person have their own way :-( 

17 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

Oh my actual goodness - you used the c word - I'm telling Sue - you will be in big, big trouble

I've been given special dispensation to use the word early this year as I have that long awaited delivery arriving around that time!:D:D

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Mouseketeer said:

Thanks both, we also used a week of our summer funding before Easter hols so will finish on the 19th July, I have a couple of staff that like to have the few days to themselves after their chn go back school before work starts again and now one has asked if we can go back early to finish earlier in Dec....I hate trying to keep everyone happy and the others will feel like i’ve let that person have their own way :-( 

We go with the majority. I try to be flexible but some times it hard. Luckily ours all prefer to finish early at the end of the Autumn term (worded that to keep sunnyday happy xD).  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, louby loo said:

I've been given special dispensation to use the word early this year as I have that long awaited delivery arriving around that time!:D:D

Well yes but I still think you’re playing with fire! 😳

• Haha 2

I think all I have to say on the subject of Friday is 'I made it!'.  There are 13 days to go - I can do them, I can do them, I can do them!

I'm in that weird place of wishing the rest of term away but at the same time desperately needing more time to do the 3 million and one things that appear to be on my to do list.  I have lots of people asking me if I've done ... yet and I feel so guilty that I haven't but there are only so many hours in the day and I need to sleep some of them!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, sunnyday said:

She's skating on thin ice if you ask me...….

I know, any minute now the wrath of Sue will descend together with a revised, updated and newly issued copy of ‘EYFS Guidance for the use of seasonal terminology’. We will all have to print it out (and I don’t have those kind of ink resources) before reading to identify the key changes and sharing with the rest of the forum.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Froglet said:

I think all I have to say on the subject of Friday is 'I made it!'.  There are 13 days to go - I can do them, I can do them, I can do them!

I'm in that weird place of wishing the rest of term away but at the same time desperately needing more time to do the 3 million and one things that appear to be on my to do list.  I have lots of people asking me if I've done ... yet and I feel so guilty that I haven't but there are only so many hours in the day and I need to sleep some of them!

Froglet, if I could, I would come and be your PA for the next 10 days.    Your workload is always so great.

• Like 2

Well all I can say is - I've spent the whole day at the Town Show, 5 more days to go (although like others I need around 15 days to do everything)........... and before you know it it will be time to think the unthinkable "C" word 9_9

• Haha 1